Author Topic: Long-Term Test Arrival: 2015 Lincoln MKC  (Read 7697 times)

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
Re: Long-Term Test Arrival: 2015 Lincoln MKC
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 12:57:51 pm »
my favourite one i get asked daily is, "how far on a tank?"... but they don't ask how big the tank is.... or i also get the opposite, "how much does it take to fill up?" then nothing about how far it goes...

anyways, this is a nice looking car. agree that it doesn't offer enough added features to me to warrant the price... especially on a brand that doesn't carry much weight anymore. but it is a very nice offering. this or a cherokee limited loaded up, i'd probably choose the jeep if prices were equal... and list is about 13 grand less on the jeep, so i guess not quite equal!

anyway, nice car, glad they are making a comeback...  but maybe not quite in this package for me.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 01:00:35 pm »
Wow...thats a nice looking car also the 2.3 "Not eco in any way shape or form" Ecoboost engine......Good luck Lincoln, hope this one works for you.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline bone

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-2
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Ford F-150. Mustang
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 11:01:03 am »
Why would I pay $15 000 more for a tarted up Ford Escape?  The MKC is representative of Lincoln's biggest problem. Each model is tarted up equivalent of a Ford model. If I were buying a non-German luxury vehicle it would certainly be a Cadillac. The exception being the Escalade which is 90% Chev Suburban.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 01:38:52 pm »
If I were buying a non-German luxury vehicle it would certainly be a Cadillac. The exception being the Escalade which is 90% Chev Suburban.
i have to admit, the new ATS-V and CTS-V (sedans) are pretty impressive...were i in the market for such a vehicle, they would need to be on my list of potential suitors.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline marrlin

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mini Cooper S JCW, Lincoln MKC, Subaru WRX
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 08:58:35 am »
My wife has been driving this car for 2months now.
So far very satisfied with this car.
Got a fully loaded vehicle in November.
On paper the price is similar to the Germans, but my final price is significantly lower than I could have gotten from Audi or BMW; so I'm happy with the cost.
I drove both an X3 and a Q5 prior to buying this car. Both are great, but the Lincoln is more than good enough for an everyday driver/cruiser. In sport mode handles quite well, with better steering feel and suspension.
I see no need to pay the premium for an Audi or BMW.