Author Topic: Quick Spin Winter Style: 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek, Forester and Outback  (Read 10243 times)

Offline Trainman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +24/-28
  • Tree Whisperer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru Forester XT; 2017 Infiniti QX50; 2012 Toyota RAV4 Base AWD, the daughters car
Re: Quick Spin Winter Style: 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek, Forester and Outback
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 05:49:29 pm »
My Santa Fe has it.  It's been so nice to have these past few weeks.  And, when I set my heater to Front Defrost, it not only turns on the wiper de-icers, but it also heats my side mirrors.  Awesome!

I believe most cars do that, the ones equipped (which are most cars).

With the Forester it activates when the rear de-froster is turned on; also turns on the heated mirrors.  And the temperature has to be at a certain point (+5 or something) for the windshield wiper de-icer to activate.
2016 Subaru Forester XT

Offline Trainman

• Car Crazy
  • Tree Whisperer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru Forester XT; 2017 Infiniti QX50; 2012 Toyota RAV4 Base AWD, the daughters car
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 05:50:44 pm »
^^ Heated windshield.  Now that's a feature I would pay for.  Not enough cars have them.  I would rather have that a sunroof, or heated steering wheel.
The windshield isn't heated - there's a small element only under the wiper (it's called a Windshield Wiper De-Icer).   That is odd regarding the XT touring not having it.  The 2.5 Touring also gets the roof rails, while the XT Touring doesn't.  Other than those two items, they are identically-equipped.

No roof rails on the XT Touring?  Need those for the canoe.  Another silly omission.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2015, 07:02:40 pm »
My Santa Fe has it.  It's been so nice to have these past few weeks.  And, when I set my heater to Front Defrost, it not only turns on the wiper de-icers, but it also heats my side mirrors.  Awesome!

I believe most cars do that, the ones equipped (which are most cars).

With the Forester it activates when the rear de-froster is turned on; also turns on the heated mirrors.  And the temperature has to be at a certain point (+5 or something) for the windshield wiper de-icer to activate.

To be honest, I am not really sure.  I turn on the car, hit the rear defrost, front defrost, go back inside for 5 minutes, go back out, car is ready....

Offline jasonhevans

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2015, 04:34:55 am »

[/quote]

No roof rails on the XT Touring?  Need those for the canoe.  Another silly omission.
[/quote]

I think its actually no bars... mine XT Touring arrived with the rails, but no bars, which really isn't an issue - easy excuse to buy a set of Thule bars...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2015, 11:10:58 am »
I think its actually no bars... mine XT Touring arrived with the rails, but no bars, which really isn't an issue - easy excuse to buy a set of Thule bars...
None come standard with the cross-rails.  If your XT Touring has the roof rails, then great!  ...but that's not what Subaru's website suggests.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:11:04 pm by NoTo »

Offline Trainman

• Car Crazy
  • Tree Whisperer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2015, 12:01:36 am »

None come standard with the cross-rails.  If your XT Touring has the roof rails, then great!  ...but that's not what Subaru's website suggests.

I have the 2015 brochure in my hot little hands and it shows in pictures, and states in the equipment list, that all the 2015 Foresters have "raised-profile roof rails".  Colour is different, with the NA's having black while the Turbos get silver.  But as NoTo says, and as the sales person today confirmed, the cross bars are optional.  This is OK with me as we have better ones than those weak, flexible "aero" bars Subaru peddles.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2015, 12:13:03 am »
^^^ Proper use of the word "peddles."

:fiver: