Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2496964 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #14680 on: August 19, 2024, 05:38:48 pm »
was riding electric scooter with wife in local park couple weeks ago,
and someone called me a "ching chong". 

it's been couple weeks, but still not happy about that.    >:(

Well that feckin sucks....

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #14681 on: August 19, 2024, 06:44:59 pm »

Completely unacceptable!

Yep.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7218
    • View Profile
« Reply #14682 on: August 19, 2024, 08:34:16 pm »

I've never heard that one before....

People are garbage.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 03:06:46 am by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline valuator

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +36/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Pilot TrailSport, 2015 Outback 3.6R, 2012 BMW 128i
« Reply #14683 on: August 19, 2024, 09:02:33 pm »

Sorry to hear that.  They must have pretty low self esteem if it makes them feel better to stoop to that level.  :-\

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #14684 on: August 29, 2024, 02:08:41 pm »

My dad called me a moron once...that hurt.   :P

Sorry...just trying to make you smile...people are $hit heads.  Was he bearded?  Wearing plaid?  Driving a RAM with his towing mirrors out and no trailer?  Has a 140 followers on Xhitter and thinks Elon is a hero figure?

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-406
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '99 S 500 LWB, '24 RS 6 Avant
« Reply #14685 on: August 29, 2024, 03:39:13 pm »

Christ, I'm sorry.
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #14686 on: August 29, 2024, 04:00:34 pm »
That does suck

People can be such :censor: sometimes

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14687 on: August 29, 2024, 07:57:18 pm »

My dad called me a moron once...that hurt.   [emoji14]

I don't believe you.....only once?? 

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #14688 on: August 30, 2024, 11:15:33 am »
If he said it once you know he was thinking it more than that.  You only get caught shoplifting once...the other times were just practice. (or so those we caught always said "it's my first time  :'("  No it's not.)

Christ, I'm sorry.

Uhm, I think you have him mistaken..."Christ" is white!  :stick: He's not an Asian man!  :P ::) :bang: :foil: :run: 
Herbaderp

Offline valuator

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14689 on: September 12, 2024, 09:15:37 am »
My son broke his humerus bone in his dominant arm last night at hockey practice.....was getting a drink at the bench during a break, and a kid came flying in, could stop, and took my little guy's feet out from under him.  Was pretty scary as he went into shock, fortunately a nurse and a firefighter were both nearby.  Ambulance ride to the hospital. 

We have a tough few weeks ahead of us as he will need a lot of help and we're not sure what his school day will look like.....no cast or surgery at this point, but he is pretty fragile until it starts healing and he can't afford any playground falls, etc.  No sports for at least 12 weeks....and his daycare is sports-based....thank god I work from home, though this is going to make the days challenging.  Hoping he can get back on the ice around Christmas, as he's pretty devastated at how much hockey he's missing.  Poor kid  :-[

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Acura Integra Type S, 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si (sold but not forgotten)2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #14690 on: September 12, 2024, 09:24:49 am »
My son broke his humerus bone in his dominant arm last night at hockey practice.....was getting a drink at the bench during a break, and a kid came flying in, could stop, and took my little guy's feet out from under him.  Was pretty scary as he went into shock, fortunately a nurse and a firefighter were both nearby.  Ambulance ride to the hospital. 

We have a tough few weeks ahead of us as he will need a lot of help and we're not sure what his school day will look like.....no cast or surgery at this point, but he is pretty fragile until it starts healing and he can't afford any playground falls, etc.  No sports for at least 12 weeks....and his daycare is sports-based....thank god I work from home, though this is going to make the days challenging.  Hoping he can get back on the ice around Christmas, as he's pretty devastated at how much hockey he's missing.  Poor kid  :-[
That really sucks, but things like this happen in life and it could be a blessing in disguise for him.  It could help him in the long run when dealing with difficult situations that he has to overcome and work through.  So while it certainly is a painful message, kids are resilient and he'll bounce back and be that much better when the is back to full strength.

Offline valuator

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14691 on: September 12, 2024, 10:01:59 am »

That really sucks, but things like this happen in life and it could be a blessing in disguise for him.  It could help him in the long run when dealing with difficult situations that he has to overcome and work through.  So while it certainly is a painful message, kids are resilient and he'll bounce back and be that much better when the is back to full strength.

His attitude so far has been amazing....looking for ways to still do things for himself (use the bathroom, getting dressed, eating with opposite hand).  The next few months will be a grind, but we will get through it as a family.

Offline WP v3.32

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +8/-18
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Ram 1500 Classic, 2014 Highlander Hybrid
« Reply #14692 on: September 12, 2024, 10:04:14 am »

Ouch.  a clean break?  how old is he?

Offline valuator

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14693 on: September 12, 2024, 10:30:28 am »

He's 8.  Clean break, so no surgery necessary at this point, but I'm really nervous about keeping it that way once he returns to some of his daily activity.

Offline WP v3.32

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +8/-18
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Ram 1500 Classic, 2014 Highlander Hybrid
« Reply #14694 on: September 12, 2024, 10:47:39 am »

He's 8.  Clean break, so no surgery necessary at this point, but I'm really nervous about keeping it that way once he returns to some of his daily activity.

My daughter broke her arm 2 years ago at 6 years old.  Not the same bone but the lower one on the arm (forearm, I don't know how you call it)  She fell off the monkey bars and broke it, clean break.  After seeing the X-rays I though for sure it was going to be surgery but they just realigned it and put a cast.  It was stressful day for sure.  At that age its amazing how well the body can heal.

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1073
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #14695 on: September 12, 2024, 10:53:31 am »
That's rough, sorry to hear. Kid that age are shockingly resilient, I think stuff like this hits us harder than it does them  ::) My 6 year old has had an awful virus/infection for like 2 weeks now, stomach, throat, ears, fever, the whole gamut. After 3 Dr. visits and various meds he's finally coming around and should be able to go to school tomorrow for the first time in 2 weeks...But, he's been in great spirits the whole time, lol.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #14696 on: September 12, 2024, 10:55:43 am »
I'm surprised no cast is required? :think:

Sounds like he's gotta good attitude about it, still gonna be a long 12 weeks for him though.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline valuator

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14697 on: September 12, 2024, 11:03:24 am »
That's rough, sorry to hear. Kid that age are shockingly resilient, I think stuff like this hits us harder than it does them  ::) My 6 year old has had an awful virus/infection for like 2 weeks now, stomach, throat, ears, fever, the whole gamut. After 3 Dr. visits and various meds he's finally coming around and should be able to go to school tomorrow for the first time in 2 weeks...But, he's been in great spirits the whole time, lol.

Glad you live in the land of timely medical attention.....we go through the same thing with our two and it's a struggle to get them seen by anyone.

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1073
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #14698 on: September 12, 2024, 01:59:52 pm »
Yeah, access is easy, and follow up communication is 1000x better than what I am used to. Most Drs have a online portal setup where you can see test results, ask him questions (and get quick responses!), share photos, request school letters, etc - no cost either. The visits do end up costing me about $100/visit, after insurance. Pharmacy costs were a pleasant surprise too....you hear so much about the cost of drugs in the US, and they are high, but insurance covers the large majority. The antibiotics he's on now billed out at $189 for this tiny little bottle, but insurance covered all but $5.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14699 on: September 12, 2024, 05:28:31 pm »

Don't even worry about it. Kids are ridiculously resilient. I remember some of the injuries sustained by kids in motocross. Horrible. And they'd be back racing in what seemed like no time. Like nothing happened. He'll bounce back..probably quicker than expected.

Since the boy can't play hockey, maybe get him some hockey theory books/videos and remind him a hockey IQ is important too.

He'll be so starved for hockey, he'll probably study anything you drop in front of him..

Everything is going to be good....