Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2496888 times)

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-330
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #9740 on: September 22, 2018, 10:30:09 pm »
Monday I found out a dear friend has a tumor on his lung. He got pretty sick back in January and the diagnosis was pneumonia, month after month he never did get much better, tired, short on breath, pains in his chest and neck, blood in sputum and generally feeling ill. He's in his 70's so his doc just kept telling him it takes awhile to get over pneumonia at his age and kept prescribing for bacterial infections. After a biopsy a  week back they finally confirmed the problem.

Now 9 months later he's looking at rush surgery. The cancer hasn't spread to other organs but is into lymph nodes. This pains me so much as he was about a fit and active as a man in his 70's could be. I'm trying so hard to keep positive (he's still in great spirits). Praying for a good outcome to this just the same.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #9741 on: September 23, 2018, 08:41:23 am »
Facking arthritis!
What...no CBD oil?
After a couple bottles it did not help
Pure CBD or CBD+THC?

Research has shown cbd+thc is far more effective. Basically, allows the cbd to work far more effectively.
Cbd & THC ,
Since none of the painkillers are working that great ,  I rather take nothing

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: September 23, 2018, 10:52:48 pm »
revelations, that's terrible to hear. 

On a less somber, but still annoying, note - my right front tire is toast thanks to a pothole just outside Montreal. Didn't see it coming and just smoked it at highway speeds.

I'm happy it held together but there was at least another season left on these tires. Fack!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:56:54 pm by tortoise »
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #9743 on: September 23, 2018, 11:51:06 pm »
God damned cancer.

Best of luck to your friend Rev.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #9744 on: September 24, 2018, 07:37:13 am »
Not only do I need to spend over $500 to fix our stove, but we've also got an issue with our septic system that requires us to excavate part of it.  :-\
That sucks, in Ontario , it is big money to do anything with a septic system

This shouldn't be too bad. Need to dig up the outlet pipe because it isn't lined up with the outlet hole and it's causing it not to drain properly. Costs $100/hr to run the excavator. Hopefully will be only a few hours.

Just reading this.  Hope everything went well. 

I had a back flow problem a few years ago where water backed up through the basement floor drain and onto my basement floor.    Turned out to be that my septic tank was full and finally overflowed.  The confusing part was that I had it cleaned twice in the 7 years since we bought the place at that time. 

The issue turned out to be that my cleanout hatch was on the wrong chamber.  There are three chambers; inlet, main tank/cleanout, and outflow, and my cleanout hatch was on the outflow chamber, so it never got cleaned out properly.  This happened in mid-December but luckily it was very warm that year and the ground was still not frozen.  Also, a coworker of mine owns a septic cleaning service and was able to come down right away.  He had my system flushed and cleaned out in pretty short order.  Luckily the field wasn't blocked, which he said was quite possible, then i would be into big $$$ to fix that.   As it was the only damage was a few cork flooring tiles and i had enough left over to replace them with.  The dufus who cleaned out my tank the first two times will never get work from me again.  Cant imagine how he didn't notice.  ::)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #9745 on: September 24, 2018, 07:46:57 am »
Not only do I need to spend over $500 to fix our stove, but we've also got an issue with our septic system that requires us to excavate part of it.  :-\

This shouldn't be too bad. Need to dig up the outlet pipe because it isn't lined up with the outlet hole and it's causing it not to drain properly. Costs $100/hr to run the excavator. Hopefully will be only a few hours.

I had a back flow problem a few years ago where water backed up through the basement floor drain and onto my basement floor.    Turned out to be that my septic tank was full and finally overflowed.  The confusing part was that I had it cleaned twice in the 7 years since we bought the place at that time. 

The issue turned out to be that my cleanout hatch was on the wrong chamber.  There are three chambers; inlet, main tank/cleanout, and outflow, and my cleanout hatch was on the outflow chamber, so it never got cleaned out properly.  This happened in mid-December but luckily it was very warm that year and the ground was still not frozen.  Also, a coworker of mine owns a septic cleaning service and was able to come down right away.  He had my system flushed and cleaned out in pretty short order.  Luckily the field wasn't blocked, which he said was quite possible, then i would be into big $$$ to fix that.   As it was the only damage was a few cork flooring tiles and i had enough left over to replace them with.  The dufus who cleaned out my tank the first two times will never get work from me again.  Cant imagine how he didn't notice.  ::)
Do you have a walkout basement ?

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #9746 on: September 24, 2018, 07:48:16 am »

Do you have a walkout basement ?

Yes.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #9747 on: September 25, 2018, 09:01:31 am »
had an annual blood test.   apparently my cholesterol is high.

how do i lower it, i ask the doc.

she goes : oh, eat omega 3, lower your carb intake, exercise etc.

I do all of those already.    fkx. 

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +392/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #9748 on: September 25, 2018, 09:14:15 am »

But what is high? People can have different readings just because of genetics and it means nothing. Do you have a baseline over the last few years/decades to compare this number to? Trends are always nice to have and compare with.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +417/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #9749 on: September 25, 2018, 07:57:40 pm »
Boat came out for the season today. :(
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #9750 on: September 25, 2018, 08:09:31 pm »

how do i lower it, i ask the doc.

she goes : oh, eat omega 3, lower your carb intake, exercise etc.

I do all of those already.    fkx.

hey you could go v....oh nevermind...  ;)
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #9751 on: September 25, 2018, 08:11:04 pm »
hey you could go v....oh nevermind...  ;)

Okay, that's a good one!

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #9752 on: September 26, 2018, 09:02:49 am »
1. V - as in rhymes with Regina?  If that works to take weight off, I'm in!  ;D (literally)

2. Holy! Nice boat...oh wait, this is the sad thread...WGAS...nice feckin' boat!  Wow.

3.  :'( Dealer offered me $20g for my truck...well...no, can't do that then.  Looks like Hammy will be the only one with a new one this year.  :( Too bad Cord isn't still around, he might be able to give me an idea of its worth, maybe they are being generous.  Oh well...just have to keep dreaming.  :P

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9753 on: September 26, 2018, 09:33:30 am »
well, if you do it enough...it can be a good workout regimen  :rofl2:

you know what I meant  ;D

https://www.treehugger.com/green-food/i-slashed-my-cholesterol-plant-based-eating.html

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-08-meta-analysis-plant-based-vegetarian-diet-cholesterol.html

But yes, a steady diet of...Regina will also work wonders, and your lady I am sure will appreciate it as well  ;)

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #9754 on: September 26, 2018, 10:34:29 am »
You obviously don't have kids, and haven't been together over 30 yrs...I'd have better luck with Scaerio, and I'm not even his type. (Nor he mine...for that matter...I mean, I like Regina...nice place to be)

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9755 on: September 26, 2018, 10:37:36 am »
Maybe it's because I'm surrounded by Regina, but I don't see anything to get that excited about.   ;D

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +272/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #9756 on: September 26, 2018, 10:50:29 am »
Maybe it's because I'm surrounded by Regina, but I don't see anything to get that excited about.   ;D

Well, pretty soon you won't be surrounded by 'Regina' anymore, you'll be here in the 'Peg and surrounded by 'Ameya'.  How's that for a mental image?!?

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9757 on: September 26, 2018, 10:55:14 am »
You obviously don't have kids, and haven't been together over 30 yrs...I'd have better luck with Scaerio, and I'm not even his type. (Nor he mine...for that matter...I mean, I like Regina...nice place to be)
nope, don't have kids and have been together 16 years...will see what the next 16 bring if they are to be...

well if Regina is off the menu, perhaps go vegan? Proven to lower cholesterol. Worth a try if other avenues are not working maybe?

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9758 on: September 26, 2018, 11:45:13 am »

Well, pretty soon you won't be surrounded by 'Regina' anymore, you'll be here in the 'Peg and surrounded by 'Ameya'.  How's that for a mental image?!?

When you put it like that

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #9759 on: September 26, 2018, 01:34:51 pm »
 :rofl:

thanks all, re: cholesterol.   my doc was working off of what's called "framingham risk score" (you can download PDF of this online and check it out yourself if you know your cholesterol level).

i mean, it was "high" last year too, but my HDL is high as well.   (supposedly HDL is the good cholesterol, and HDL + LDL is the total cholesterol level)

i've never considered going vegan and probably never will, cuz i like dairy stuff too much and egg... and bacon, but sometimes think about going vegetarian.  i mean, i don't HAVE to have meat when i'm eating at home.