Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2496845 times)

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #9800 on: September 28, 2018, 12:43:09 am »
Ski season startin soon boys. Big :censor: smiles!

Right?  I love this time of year!  Cooler days ahead, with Thanksgiving dinner, winter hikes, Christmas and snowshoeing to look forward to.  I know that some people just hunker down in winter, but it's a lot more fun if you find things to do that are unique to the winter months.  And I'm not gonna lie... I love hooning on snowy days in Miss Peanut.   :D

I like winter - the snow covers up all the dreary grey.   Clear, crisp, sunny winter days are awesome.  So much light!  The beginning of winter is when we start getting more daylight!
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #9801 on: September 28, 2018, 12:52:15 am »

Had a sleep study several months ago.  Sucks; with all the wires hooked up to you, I found it hard to actually sleep.

Exactly - which is why, an hour and a half after they hooked me up to this stuff, I’m on my phone...

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7218
    • View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: September 28, 2018, 01:11:59 am »

Had a sleep study several months ago.  Sucks; with all the wires hooked up to you, I found it hard to actually sleep.

Exactly - which is why, an hour and a half after they hooked me up to this stuff, I’m on my phone...

Wait until you pull the leads off after the sleep study....hurts so good!!   :rofl: :rofl2:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #9803 on: September 30, 2018, 08:16:40 pm »
I have no idea how this happened. I was driving through Kingston to get to a brewery and heard a loud bang. This is what I found on the passenger door and front quarter panel.

After thinking about it, I wonder if someone shot a pellet gun at the car. It was a hell of a bang and quite a bit of damage to the metal.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
« Reply #9804 on: September 30, 2018, 08:26:21 pm »
Were you on the highway or local roads? If you were on the 401, could it be part of a wheel weight from another vehicle?

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #9805 on: September 30, 2018, 08:34:13 pm »
I have no idea how this happened. I was driving through Kingston to get to a brewery and heard a loud bang. This is what I found on the passenger door and front quarter panel.

After thinking about it, I wonder if someone shot a pellet gun at the car. It was a hell of a bang and quite a bit of damage to the metal.

Holy fcuk. 

Be careful out there folks.  Some crazy people out there.

Few months ago, German tourists got shot in the head while drive on highway to Banff not too far from here.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: September 30, 2018, 08:49:07 pm »
People that assume because somebody has an accent they must be a immigrant.  NO, they are Canadian FFS.

What?? My parents both have accents, they are Canadian citizens but they get asked where they are from. Whats the issue?? A Canadian, born in Canada, would not have an accent, I don't have an accent but I came here when I was 8.

Ever talked to a French Canadian born in Quebec?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Volkswagen, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #9807 on: September 30, 2018, 08:50:08 pm »

Holy fcuk. 

Be careful out there folks.  Some crazy people out there.

Few months ago, German tourists got shot in the head while drive on highway to Banff not too far from here.

Were you near one of the penitentiaries?  Might have got hit with a stray bullet if they were shooting down drones
Mr Pickypants

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9808 on: September 30, 2018, 08:56:16 pm »
I was heading into the city on Montreal St. Probably half way between the 401 and downtown.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #9809 on: September 30, 2018, 09:06:38 pm »
I was heading into the city on Montreal St. Probably half way between the 401 and downtown.
Looks pretty weird  :o

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
« Reply #9810 on: September 30, 2018, 09:15:26 pm »

Well, I was down Montreal Street a couple of weeks ago, and I remember passing Ordnance Street, with a large Armoury something or other building on the corner. Maybe someone was taking it literally?  :o

All joking aside, being a residential street eliminates a wheel weight I think. Maybe someone was playing with a nail gun loaded with who knows what? But like you suggested, pellet gun seems logical. Good thing it wasn't higher and hit the glass, and maybe yourself.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Volkswagen, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #9811 on: September 30, 2018, 09:17:04 pm »

Could be anything in that part of town.  ::)

Probably rotten kids

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: September 30, 2018, 09:26:26 pm »
Obviously I'm now worried about it rusting.  Would a touch up pen be sufficient or should I put some kind is primer on it?

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #9813 on: October 03, 2018, 09:30:49 am »
wanted to switch to winter tire yesterday.

realized lexus needs 21 mm socket.   biggest one i have is 13/16.  so close.  gotta go pick up this stupid socket later today.

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1073
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #9814 on: October 03, 2018, 02:55:21 pm »
Obviously I'm now worried about it rusting.  Would a touch up pen be sufficient or should I put some kind is primer on it?

I'd probably dab on some primer before the top coat touch-up paint.

Sucks that it happened in the first place....very weird. I had a similar sound happen while I was on the 401 at night the other week coming back from Ottawa, no idea where exactly I was, kinda just rolling along and suddenly "Wham"! super loud right near my door...I suspect it was a rock kicked up by another car/truck that bounced real hard off the running board on the Ram. Woke me up right quick though, and i haven't noticed any damage.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #9815 on: October 03, 2018, 09:11:52 pm »
This week in the US has been disappointing and I'm not really sure why.

I like the time spent with the parents.

But I haven't had a happy moment. The beach should have been great, but I was frustrated and restless the whole time. The fact everything is so far away doesn't help, I feel like there's nothing to do in the evenings. I got beat up pretty badly by the waves cuz I haven't really spent time on the water for too long (getting slammed headfirst multiple times into the sand is unpleasant). I felt like I lose an entire day in the car getting there. The food in the US is rubbish. I'm surprisingly tired, yet I haven't really done anything.

This really isn't the way I wanted to use the final vacation days I have from work.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: October 03, 2018, 09:14:40 pm »

But I haven't had a happy moment.

We'd all be shocked if it was otherwise.... :rofl: :rofl2:

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: October 03, 2018, 09:43:05 pm »

Damn. I've already put the touch up paint on it.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: October 03, 2018, 09:49:20 pm »

Damn. I've already put the touch up paint on it.

It will be fine.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #9819 on: October 04, 2018, 07:29:29 pm »
The Samsung Dryer that we purchased a little of 3 years ago stopped producing heat just as Mrs. Railton was finishing the last load last Sunday. 3 years, that's it.
Anyways, took it apart the other night after watching a couple of youtube videos on "no heat" conditions. Pulled the heat assembly unit out and grabbed the ohm meter to verify the heating element was good - which it was. Then checked the over heat fuse continuity and that indicated a break and thus, the offending part. Purchased it for ~$25 today and installed it tonight. Buttoned it all up and tried it with fingers crossed. Yeah, that was it.
All in all, pretty simple to fix. Nice.
Railton
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 07:32:12 pm by Railton »
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?