Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2496795 times)

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #9760 on: September 26, 2018, 02:03:17 pm »
hey as long as you are trying something, heart attacks suck and i am sure none going through them thought "but bacon was worth this..."  :)

If you do want to take the plunge, lots of good info out there.

Good luck.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #9761 on: September 26, 2018, 02:20:08 pm »
Maybe it's because I'm surrounded by Regina, but I don't see anything to get that excited about.   ;D

Well, pretty soon you won't be surrounded by 'Regina' anymore, you'll be here in the 'Peg and surrounded by 'Ameya'.  How's that for a mental image?!?

When you put it like that

Obviously that's one term I don't know, because the top definition I found was this:
Ameya
The most breath taking girl to have ever have lived in the known universe. A girl that you love so much that you never want to miss a second of her. She has the most beautiful brown eyes that you never want to look away from, and gorgeous dark brown hair. Also, the most beautiful smile ever that is super contagious and can make any rainy day turn out brighter, you can't help but stare and smile back at her. Beautiful and perfect in every way. She not only is helpful but she is genuinely caring about everyone. Creative, good taste, athletic, intelligent, incredibly funny, fun and just an awesome person. She is a gorgeous girl that you can't get enough and perfect in every way.

Worked with a few of those over the years  ;D ...but obviously it must mean something else, too.  So why the Eastwood cringe face?  :think:

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #9762 on: September 26, 2018, 02:41:16 pm »

Ameya is SHB's first name.  :rofl2:

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +272/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #9763 on: September 26, 2018, 02:45:33 pm »
I was just playing along with the puns.  And technically it isn't the correct pronunciation, but I was taking some liberties.

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9764 on: September 26, 2018, 02:51:00 pm »
He's pretty chill about his name. I called him Ted for the first few years I knew him.

He still has some s'plaining to do though.  ;D

As an aside, a few of us were out at the pub one Friday evening and started looking up our names on Urban Dictionary. We were in stitches. ;D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7218
    • View Profile
« Reply #9765 on: September 26, 2018, 03:39:49 pm »
Hmmmm...I enjoy keto.

But I never was a big "baked goods" eater.  There are some really good sugar substitutes out there that are suitable for baking though. Look into those.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +392/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #9766 on: September 26, 2018, 04:40:17 pm »
Hmmmm...I enjoy keto.

But I never was a big "baked goods" eater.  There are some really good sugar substitutes out there that are suitable for baking though. Look into those.

We've tried them as well as several different types of flours, but the end result so far is meh.

Not really a bake good (as in dessert type) but I make these biscuits and everybody loves them.

https://www.isavea2z.com/low-carb-biscuits-recipe-keto-friendly/

NOTE: I don't add the garlic or onion powders as I didn't like the taste but did add my own spices.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: September 26, 2018, 04:42:52 pm »
Hmmmm...I enjoy keto.

We've tried them as well as several different types of flours, but the end result so far is meh.

Odd.

We tried Swerve and IQ and I couldn't tell it apart from sugar.  It was the closest sugar substitute IMO.

They also make a version just for baking that I saw but have not used.  https://swervesweet.com/

As for flour, I think almond and coconut are best though I personally use Psyllium Husk.  Be careful with the husk...the first brand I used turned everything purple!   ;D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: September 26, 2018, 04:45:12 pm »
Hmmmm...I enjoy keto.

Not really a bake good (as in dessert type) but I make these biscuits and everybody loves them.

https://www.isavea2z.com/low-carb-biscuits-recipe-keto-friendly/

NOTE: I don't add the garlic or onion powders as I didn't like the taste but did add my own spices.

I make keto "cloud bread"  https://www.aspicyperspective.com/best-cloud-bread-recipe/ and this decent keto pizza crust  https://www.ruled.me/5-minute-keto-pizza/

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +392/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #9769 on: September 26, 2018, 04:52:04 pm »
...and this decent keto pizza crust  https://www.ruled.me/5-minute-keto-pizza/

I'll have to try that pizza recipe, looks good.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: September 26, 2018, 04:55:38 pm »
...and this decent keto pizza crust  https://www.ruled.me/5-minute-keto-pizza/

I'll have to try that pizza recipe, looks good.

It works OK.  I have it for breakfast now and again.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: September 26, 2018, 11:36:31 pm »

Ameya is SHB's first name.  :rofl2:

:rofl: :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2: :run:

Seems I get the same description... :P
Basically, BWII is the most amazing guy you will ever meet. He is incredibly intelligent, uncommonly kind, and particularly observant. Once you form any type of relationship with BWII, there is no going back. He is not easily forgettable, but then again, why would you want to forget him? BWII is one of the most caring people you will ever meet, and you are lucky if you are able to forge a friendship (or more) with him.

Guess everyone gets that.  Totally untrue though.  I am NOT incredibly intelligent.  ;D

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #9772 on: September 27, 2018, 04:37:09 pm »
negative nancy here, back again with more complaints.

was in japan/korea for couple of weeks.  i slept well while i was away.

been back now, 12 days, and still not over jetlag.   fx. 

can't sleep at night.  first few days i was back, i slept total of 6 hrs in 3 days.   

got sleeping pills from doc.  with it, i'm knocked out for ~5 hrs, but don't feel rested at all.     i open my eyes after 4-5 hours on sleeping pill, alert as if it was middle of the day.  3 in the morning. 

kinda feel like i'm drunk and tired all day.  my mind is racing but going nowhere.

these are things i never experienced when i was younger.   now i understand the plight of insomniacs. 

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: September 27, 2018, 04:56:33 pm »

can't sleep at night.  first few days i was back, i slept total of 6 hrs in 3 days.   

got sleeping pills from doc.  with it, i'm knocked out for ~5 hrs, but don't feel rested at all.     i open my eyes after 4-5 hours on sleeping pill, alert as if it was middle of the day.  3 in the morning. 

kinda feel like i'm drunk and tired all day.  my mind is racing but going nowhere.

these are things i never experienced when i was younger.   now i understand the plight of insomniacs.

Don't use the sleeping pills.  Your body will need the sleeping pills and it might be more difficult to regulate.

Get some melatonin.  Seems to work better for jet lag for many people.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #9774 on: September 27, 2018, 05:11:34 pm »

Don't use the sleeping pills.  Your body will need the sleeping pills and it might be more difficult to regulate.

Get some melatonin.  Seems to work better for jet lag for many people.

Get some "oil"  my 89 year old mother was on a lot of different pills and sleeping pills, could never sleep, we got here on "oil" and now she sleeps without any pills

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #9775 on: September 27, 2018, 05:16:11 pm »

Heading to Europe in a month - thanks for the reminder. A while ago, my aunt told me about her foolproof plan for avoiding jetlag. She travels a lot and says it 100% works. I think it was partly drugs and partly shifting your sleep patterns before/after flying. Will have to ask her for the details and report back.  ;D

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: September 27, 2018, 05:21:12 pm »
+1 for the melatonin.

The only side effect that I had was crazy vivid dreams.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #9777 on: September 27, 2018, 05:25:40 pm »

Heading to Europe in a month - thanks for the reminder. A while ago, my aunt told me about her foolproof plan for avoiding jetlag. She travels a lot and says it 100% works. I think it was partly drugs and partly shifting your sleep patterns before/after flying. Will have to ask her for the details and report back.  ;D

no problem, i'm here to serve.  ;D  let me know what the foolproof plan is!

+1 for the melatonin.

The only side effect that I had was crazy vivid dreams.

funny thing, i have vivid dreams on sleeping pill too. ..  i thought i wouldn't dream when on sleeping pill, but i do...  and when you normally wake up from a dream, it slowly fades away as the day go by?..   on sleeping pill, dream is like a distant memory soon as i open my eyes.

Get some "oil"  my 89 year old mother was on a lot of different pills and sleeping pills, could never sleep, we got here on "oil" and now she sleeps without any pills

i don't know what this means, AB..   what oil?..  like mint oil?  or "essential oil" that people try to hawk?

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #9778 on: September 27, 2018, 05:26:42 pm »
The wifes cousin had huge issues with sleeping, he got on the "oil" train and has never looked back.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: September 27, 2018, 05:31:16 pm »
The wifes cousin had huge issues with sleeping, he got on the "oil" train and has never looked back.
WTH fob.   what oil are you guys talking about????  and where do i get some?