Author Topic: Test Drive: 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara  (Read 23122 times)

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
Re: Test Drive: 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 10:09:25 am »
a stock unlimited auto sahara... yeah, we sell a lot to women... then the 2dr and any sport, manual or altered ones tend to be guys (though the wife acceptance is remarkably high).

i'll be writing my deal this week on my new one... so if all you guys who like these... especially my colour, and my package... buy my old one! at this point i'm going to trade it in...

are these the best cars out there?... no. are they the best at what they are made for?... undoubtedly.

oh, as for pricing... don't forget this is pretty loaded up, not showing any incentives... and it's a bloody convertible... what other 5 passenger convertible can you buy for the same money? that also happens to be a 4x4?... and have cargo space?
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 10:23:20 am »
a stock unlimited auto sahara... yeah, we sell a lot to women... then the 2dr and any sport, manual or altered ones tend to be guys (though the wife acceptance is remarkably high).

i'll be writing my deal this week on my new one... so if all you guys who like these... especially my colour, and my package... buy my old one! at this point i'm going to trade it in...

are these the best cars out there?... no. are they the best at what they are made for?... undoubtedly.

oh, as for pricing... don't forget this is pretty loaded up, not showing any incentives... and it's a bloody convertible... what other 5 passenger convertible can you buy for the same money? that also happens to be a 4x4?... and have cargo space?

They are the best car out there.....4x4, 5 pass, room for cargo, convertible, great resale values, huge aftermarket support, easy to work on, fairly reliable, cheap to fix.....what could be better?!?!? I couldn't for the life of me sentence myself to a Rav4, CR-V or whatever shapeless, soul less, amorphous CUV, I would rather have one of these. What other vehicle can you haul the kids in the back seat, with the top off for ~mid $30s??
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 12:43:49 pm »
Is this the bossman who just bought the Tesla?
No.  I report to 3 bossmen.
1) Porsche + Jeep
2) Tesla (and wifey has GL350 bluetech)
3) Cayenne GTS

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 08:22:53 pm »
1) Porsche + Jeep
3) Cayenne GTS
More bossmen then worker bees?

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2015, 08:42:58 am »
1) Porsche + Jeep
3) Cayenne GTS
More bossmen then worker bees?
3 bossmen, 2 worker bees, and 32 flowers to do our photocopying n' shyeet. 

Offline pcsp

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +38/-53
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Nissan Juke AWD (current), 2008 HHR SS (current), 1974 Mazda 929, Triumph TR6, VW Diesel PU, 1981 VW Cabriolet, 1987 Dodge Raider, etc.
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 01:54:32 pm »
Funny how these seem to get a pass from "environmentalists", but the Hummers were crucified.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 02:33:31 pm »
Funny how these seem to get a pass from "environmentalists", but the Hummers were crucified.

Hummer H2 weighed in at 6,600lbs.... the reviewed Sahara tips the scales around 4,400lbs a diference in weight of about a Mazda Miata... I think that just about explains it!  :rofl2:
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 02:36:08 pm »

Hummer H2 weighed in at 6,600lbs.... the reviewed Sahara tips the scales around 4,400lbs a diference in weight of about a Mazda Miata... I think that just about explains it!  :rofl2:

And Jeep drivers are hundreds of times less douchy than the Ed Hardy wearing guidos that usually pilots H2s  ;D

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 02:47:59 pm »
And Jeep drivers are hundreds of times less douchy than the Ed Hardy wearing guidos that usually pilots H2s  ;D
[/quote]

Exactly!!!  Even a guy like me in my urban soccer Mom Sahara... much less douchy  ;D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 02:52:58 pm »

Exactly!!!  Even a guy like me in my urban soccer Mom Sahara... much less douchy  ;D
[/quote]

Nothing wrong with a Sahara....imagine, you could be in a Rav4 or a CR-V.....

;D

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2015, 04:44:40 pm »
people driving jeeps are willing to sacrifice the fuel usage (which as my rental explorer in florida tells me, really isn't that bad)... hummer drivers drove them BECAUSE they were bad.. they wanted you to know they could afford the added cost and that it meant nothing...

plus, the jeeps were used to get into nature... sure not in the nicest way all the time, but nature lover doesn't have to equal environmentalist.

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2015, 12:09:06 pm »
I was playing around on the jeep website too pre-superbowl and I couldn't immediately figure out what the Sahara provides over the Sport, other than the uniform colour, a $1000 discount on the dual roof option and the inability to remove the $360 Sirius radio surcharge. I built a Sport Unlimited and a Sahara Unlimited ( 6spds) with the same specs (other than the uniform colour) and the Sport was/is $5000 cheaper. Maybe I missed something substantial? Tooscoops anything off the top of your head?

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 12:12:31 pm »
I was playing around on the jeep website too pre-superbowl and I couldn't immediately figure out what the Sahara provides over the Sport, other than the uniform colour, a $1000 discount on the dual roof option and the inability to remove the $360 Sirius radio surcharge. I built a Sport Unlimited and a Sahara Unlimited ( 6spds) with the same specs (other than the uniform colour) and the Sport was/is $5000 cheaper. Maybe I missed something substantial? Tooscoops anything off the top of your head?

You get better shocks, different rims/bigger all season tires, color matched fenders, different radio......and thats about it....

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 12:23:52 pm »

You get better shocks, different rims/bigger all season tires, color matched fenders, different radio......and thats about it....

Oh right, I forgot about the shocks. Thanks for confirming what I had thought.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 12:25:15 pm »

Its like in the 80's when a "special edition" had a pinstripe, tape deck and floormats with the model name engraved into them  ;D

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2015, 12:31:00 pm »

Its like in the 80's when a "special edition" had a pinstripe, tape deck and floormats with the model name engraved into them  ;D

The price difference is a bit of a head scratcher but that's ok; I'm good for having an option to pay less for what I want!

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2015, 12:35:51 pm »
To me, the Rubicon is definitely worth the price of admission, if you don't want to modify the vehicle very much, it comes out of the factory equipped well enough for most offroaders. Now, if you plan on completely replacing all the running gear and suspension anyways.....I would get the cheapest one I could find with air, tilt, cruise, hard top and good stereo.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2015, 12:58:01 pm »

Differences between a base Sport and a base Sahara:

- Hard top with defroster and wiper vs soft top
- HD shocks
- 18" alloys vs 17"
- painted fenders
- power mirrors/windows/locks
- heated mirrors
- air conditioning
- auto dimming rearview mirror
- 7 speaker stereo with subwoofer
- keyless entry with alarm

Price difference is $5575. Add the power convenience group, air conditioning, and a hardtop to the Sport and the price difference drops to $2375.

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2015, 01:29:35 pm »

Differences between a base Sport and a base Sahara:

- Hard top with defroster and wiper vs soft top
- HD shocks
- 18" alloys vs 17"
- painted fenders
- power mirrors/windows/locks
- heated mirrors
- air conditioning
- auto dimming rearview mirror
- 7 speaker stereo with subwoofer
- keyless entry with alarm

Price difference is $5575. Add the power convenience group, air conditioning, and a hardtop to the Sport and the price difference drops to $2375.

To the Sport I added:
- rear diff
- tow
- connect group just for the BT
- power group (which includes heated driver mirror?)
- a/c
- dual top (which adds the wiper and defroster, maybe that's why its $1000 less on the Sahara?)
- tube side steps

I added the same/equivalent features on the Sahara and it was $5000 more. I think the subwoofer and keyless entry were each options on the Sahara, that wasn't available at all with the Sport. Maybe keyless entry was part of an option group?

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2015, 01:30:31 pm »
thanks for stepping in there!

the main differences are the standard things like a/c, and power stuff. then the appearance stuff like the wheels, flares etc. also starting back in '13, the HDD radio with navigation is now a must have option on the sahara, so that would be in there as well as remote start on automatics.

shouldn't have been a 5g difference for sure. often the sahara is cheaper....

sport with stick, a/c, hard top, power group, side steps, 6.5" (no nav), 7 speakers lists at 38410 freight/ac in. base sahara that has that stuff standard (plus nav, painted flares, nicer wheels, sirius, etc) 39065. so 655 for the listed options?... seems cheap to me. but then again, i would never option a sport like that.