Author Topic: Electric Vehicle News Thread  (Read 805480 times)

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +39/-240
    • View Profile
Re: Electric Vehicle News Thread
« Reply #5280 on: May 16, 2024, 07:19:47 pm »

Are you Chinese ethnicity by chance? Or a card carrying Communist? A pinko maybe? Or do you like Winnie the Pooh?

What is with the abuse? I'm not rude to you and I thought we were all here to discuss about the EV market and to learn new things, but so far all you done is name call, if anything it just showing your hick and I'm not going to respond anymore.  ::)

I assume you're either Chinese/Communist/Pinko/Winnie the Pooh lover since you parrot the talking points of the Chinese EV industry propoganda in the face of facts.

You aren't discussing...You're 100 percent a Chinese EV Stan who willfully refuses to concede that this is unfair competition for a myriad of reasons stated previously.

I welcome you no longer responding with that nonsense.

You wanna talk EVs..fine. But cut the crap...this is textbook unfair competition. Period.

Lol, I love Winnie the Pooh, what's wrong with Winnie the Pooh.  :-*  :rofl2:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: May 16, 2024, 07:29:38 pm »

Are you Chinese ethnicity by chance? Or a card carrying Communist? A pinko maybe? Or do you like Winnie the Pooh?

What is with the abuse? I'm not rude to you and I thought we were all here to discuss about the EV market and to learn new things, but so far all you done is name call, if anything it just showing your hick and I'm not going to respond anymore.  ::)

I assume you're either Chinese/Communist/Pinko/Winnie the Pooh lover since you parrot the talking points of the Chinese EV industry propoganda in the face of facts.

You aren't discussing...You're 100 percent a Chinese EV Stan who willfully refuses to concede that this is unfair competition for a myriad of reasons stated previously.

You wanna talk EVs..fine. But cut the crap...this is textbook unfair competition. Period.

Winnie the Pooh is nickname of Xi Jinping...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: May 16, 2024, 07:46:04 pm »

In England in the 1970s, 4:00-5:00 PM was the BBC Children's time slot. I watched it until I outgrew it, Lol, yes I know the Chinese connection what was it, in 2013, Chinese netizens started comparing Winnie the Pooh to President Xi Jinping. One meme showed Xi with Obama, likened to Pooh with Tigger. The Chinese government censored Pooh images and references online to stop the mockery. Reddit was full of it at the time if I remember.  ;D

« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 09:19:29 pm by Ontariodriver »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: May 16, 2024, 09:02:36 pm »

In England in the 1970s, 4:00-5:00 PM was the BBC Children's time slot. I watched it until I outgrew it, Lol, yes I know the Chinese connection what was it, in 2013, Chinese netizens started comparing Winnie the Pooh to President Xi Jinping. One meme showed Xi with Obama, likened to Pooh with Tigger. The Chinese government censored Pooh images and references online to stop the mockery. Reddit wall full of it at the time if I remember.  ;D
They ended up banning Winnie The Pooh movies and censoring any mention of Pooh online!

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: May 17, 2024, 12:00:36 pm »
Morrill confirmed Tesla never actually ran a quarter-mile race, citing safety concerns with the trailer tires.

Elon Musk claimed the Tesla Cybertruck could tow a Porsche 911 faster than the 911 could drive itself over a quarter mile.  MotorTrend tested this by recreating the scenario with a 2023 Porsche 911 Carrera T and an 845-hp Cybertruck Beast, using the same trailer from Tesla's demonstration. They conducted six quarter-mile races, consistently finding the Porsche faster. The Porsche finished in 12.5 seconds at 115.6 mph, while the Cybertruck, towing a 911, managed 12.7 seconds at 105.2 mph at best. Tesla had only shown an eighth-mile race in their video, which misled viewers. In MotorTrend's tests, the Porsche also outpaced the Cybertruck to the eighth-mile mark. Despite giving the Cybertruck every advantage, the results clearly showed that the Porsche was faster. Tesla's claim was proven false, revealing the publicity stunt as misleading and unsubstantiated.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/tesla-cybertruck-beast-vs-porsche-911-carrera-t-drag-race-towing-rematch/

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: May 17, 2024, 12:06:25 pm »
Morrill confirmed Tesla never actually ran a quarter-mile race, citing safety concerns with the trailer tires.

Elon Musk claimed the Tesla Cybertruck could tow a Porsche 911 faster than the 911 could drive itself over a quarter mile.  MotorTrend tested this by recreating the scenario with a 2023 Porsche 911 Carrera T and an 845-hp Cybertruck Beast, using the same trailer from Tesla's demonstration. They conducted six quarter-mile races, consistently finding the Porsche faster. The Porsche finished in 12.5 seconds at 115.6 mph, while the Cybertruck, towing a 911, managed 12.7 seconds at 105.2 mph at best. Tesla had only shown an eighth-mile race in their video, which misled viewers. In MotorTrend's tests, the Porsche also outpaced the Cybertruck to the eighth-mile mark. Despite giving the Cybertruck every advantage, the results clearly showed that the Porsche was faster. Tesla's claim was proven false, revealing the publicity stunt as misleading and unsubstantiated.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/tesla-cybertruck-beast-vs-porsche-911-carrera-t-drag-race-towing-rematch/
Am not shocked by another lie.

He's a piece of :censor: and a charlatan.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: May 17, 2024, 12:38:22 pm »

Everything about the company seems to be misleading. It is not a car company. I think it was Ford, recently stated that Tesla was finally a car company after the massive losses. Elon Musk has pretty much decimated the company with mass firings. I don't think there is anyone left. Tesla has been criticized for suggesting its Autopilot and Full Self-Driving (FSD) features are more advanced than they are. This has led to misunderstandings, and regulators in Germany and California have challenged these claims. In 2022, the California DMV filed complaints against Tesla for misrepresenting Autopilot and FSD capabilities. Accusations have been made that Tesla overstates vehicle range, with real-world conditions often showing significantly less range. Tesla's batteries degrade faster than claimed, with significant drops in range after a few years. Tesla frequently sets ambitious production and delivery targets that it fails to meet, such as with the Model 3 rollout and the repeatedly delayed Cybertruck. Customers who reserved new models like the Roadster or Cybertruck have faced long waits and changing timelines, leading to frustration. Tesla has faced criticism for quality control problems, including paint defects, misaligned panels, and mechanical issues shortly after delivery. I would never buy a Tesla simply because of Elon Musk, and I know a lot of people who feel the same way.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +481/-1227
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #5287 on: May 17, 2024, 12:59:19 pm »

I would never buy a Tesla simply because of Elon Musk, and I know a lot of people who feel the same way.

Yes, and I’m one of them.

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: May 18, 2024, 09:46:07 am »
Look how poor the quality of this Cybertruck is, for hundred grand and cannot be sold in Europe. Lol.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC9a3GR1HJY
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 09:53:31 am by Ontariodriver »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: May 18, 2024, 09:53:53 am »
It's definitely not good!

Half baked IMO.

Offline warp

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +24/-40
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2025 Toyota Camry, 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander, 2024 VW GLI
« Reply #5290 on: May 18, 2024, 11:08:40 am »
https://www.motor1.com/news/719482/ford-losing-100000-per-ev/

Sometimes you need to lose $100,000 per EV to come to your senses. See below:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/a-ford-mustang-sedan-with-a-v8-and-manual-is-totally-possible-ceo-says

A 4 door Mustang with a V8 & a manual transmission!! Ford's CEO Farley says entirely possible!!

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #5291 on: May 18, 2024, 11:44:17 am »
Meanwhile Mark Reuss over at GM figures the world is wanting a EV Camaro.  :rofl2:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: May 19, 2024, 08:46:55 pm »

Offline Ontariodriver

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: May 20, 2024, 03:38:42 pm »
Class action suit for Tesla full self driving

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-s-full-self-driving-tech-isn-t-just-around-the-c-1851485259

Did you know Tesla is planning to establish a data center in China to train AI models for its self-driving technology? This move, driven by Elon Musk, aims to use the data generated by Tesla's EVs in China to advance its Full Self-Driving (FSD) system. The data center initiative is part of Tesla's efforts to enhance its AI capabilities amid slowing EV demand and increasing competition, especially from companies like BYD.

Elon Musk, accelerated the market further upon entering China, effectively integrating Tesla into the Chinese market. Tesla received massive subsidies and favorable policies, establishing a megafactory in Shanghai to dominate the Chinese EV market. This spurred competition in the Chinese EV sector, especially among companies developing lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries. However, LFP batteries are less effective in colder climates, such as Canada. Currently, one in every two Teslas is sold in China. Some people believe Musk is to blame for the sudden rise in Chinese EVs.

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-441
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy