Author Topic: Ford Reveals Ridiculous All-New AWD Focus RS, 315+ HP - Hide Yo' Kids  (Read 30410 times)

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
Re: Ford Reveals Ridiculous All-New AWD Focus RS, 315+ HP - Hide Yo' Kids
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2015, 09:18:13 am »
...just a thought, "Ford" is an "it", not a "they".  Singular.  In the article, you consistently say "Ford haves".  <-- Fix it before the grammar police get here.  Oh :censor:, they just did :popo:

UK English would consider Ford a group of people and therefore plural. I end up making that mistake fairly frequently. I spend too much time reading stuff from the isles.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
Re: focus RS........wow
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2015, 09:38:43 am »
 :drool:

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2015, 09:47:31 am »
FYI - I merged all the threads into this one.

FOCUS RS! Yo!

PS: I've driven it in FWD trim - and no, it didn't have understeer unless you were trying to pour on throttle mid-corner. Slow in fast out doesn't apply in this - fast in, fast out is the way to go.

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2015, 09:49:46 am »

FOCUS RS! Yo!

PS: I've driven it in FWD trim - and no, it didn't have understeer unless you were trying to pour on throttle mid-corner. Slow in fast out doesn't apply in this - fast in, fast out is the way to go.

See? That's what I thought! Apparently Lady O disagreed, and now I'm divorced.  :o ;D

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2015, 09:52:31 am »

FOCUS RS! Yo!

See? That's what I thought! Apparently Lady O disagreed, and now I'm divorced.  :o ;D
:rofl: :rofl2:
#beerspew! 
:rofl: :rofl2:

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2015, 09:58:10 am »
you want the FOCUS RS? Good choice!. Will that fill the Searching.... space?  ;)
>:( >:( >:(

...just a thought, "Ford" is an "it", not a "they".  Singular.  In the article, you consistently say "Ford haves".  <-- Fix it before the grammar police get here.  Oh :censor:, they just did :popo:

UK English would consider Ford a group of people and therefore plural. I end up making that mistake fairly frequently. I spend too much time reading stuff from the isles.
Ford Motor Corporation, at law, is a singular entity.  It's basic corporate law.  Ford is not made up of a group of persons; rather, it is a corporation with employees.

Agree to disagree?  Different angles?

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2015, 10:01:25 am »
you want the FOCUS RS? Good choice!. Will that fill the Searching.... space?  ;)

Ford Motor Corporation, at law, is a singular entity.  It's basic corporate law.  Ford is not made up of a group of persons; rather, it is a corporation with employees.

Apparently corporations aren't considered individuals in the UK? I'm not sure where the convention comes from, I just know that's what they do, and I still get it muddled from time to time. Not a hill I choose to die on, that's for sure. ;D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2015, 10:09:41 am »

FOCUS RS! Yo!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ......and now I have coffee in my keyboard...thank you for that.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2015, 10:31:43 am »

FOCUS RS! Yo!

We have a new post of the year winner.  :winner:

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2015, 11:31:17 am »

FOCUS RS! Yo!

We have a new post of the year winner.  :winner:

ashamed to say, it took me a few seconds to get that....     damn, where is my head today..

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2015, 11:41:08 am »

FOCUS RS! Yo!

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2015, 12:18:22 pm »
LOVE IT.  :inlove:

Subaru, its time to up your game.

My thoughts exactly. 305 hp is so 2004. We're a decade later, it oughtta be at LEAST 350 hp now!  ;D

Haven't they learned from 6 years of being in the Evo shadow: include active torque vectoring via clutch packs rather than a namby pamby passive brake system.

And of course: a hatch!

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2015, 02:29:02 pm »
Regardless of system specs, I've driven the 2015 STi, and the AWD system is not lacking in any way.  It's the best chassis that the STi has had yet, by far.  It has "only" 305hp, but it can finally really put every one of those ponies to use.  More power is always appreciated in a car like that, but to me the only thing that Subaru really needs is the hatch body.  That said, they insist that the take rate is too low to make it viable.  I really wonder about that.

This RS is probably very comparable to the STi in terms of performance, but it kills it with respect to appearance and lack of a trunk.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2015, 05:25:05 pm »

Apparently corporations aren't considered individuals in the UK? I'm not sure where the convention comes from, I just know that's what they do, and I still get it muddled from time to time. Not a hill I choose to die on, that's for sure. ;D

Same here, I would sometimes refer to them in the plural.  It's a group of people who put a car together, regardless of corporate law.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline C4

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-1
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Tucson.
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2015, 06:29:05 pm »
 :skid: :heart:

YES PLEASE, I will have one

Offline Benhaze

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +29/-63
    • View Profile

Offline Benhaze

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +29/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2015, 08:02:53 pm »
Go to give kudos to Ford to bring the RS on this side of the pond and with that powertrain.  I too think $40k ish is just find for such a car.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2015, 09:05:02 pm »
E-Series Cutaway RS.  :rofl2: :rofl2:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile