Author Topic: Oil change gone wrong!  (Read 53512 times)

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
Re: Oil change gone wrong!
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2014, 08:07:45 am »
It doesn't...

Well it would in a motorbike.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2014, 08:08:08 am »
Seems there is a lot to this story that hasn't been told yet.

:popcorn:

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2014, 10:31:51 am »
If you had a Versa Note as your vehicle, had 6.5 years of payments left on it, you might be desperate to get out of it too.  :)

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2014, 12:47:32 pm »
haha! ouch....

i never commented on a couple of the points earlier... op, you mentioned the floor getting hot... i like to think i'm a car guy... what do you think caused it to get hot? i can't think of what would do that... exhaust is the only thing under the floorboards and it is already hot as sh!t normally... maybe you'd feel heat through the firewall, but that it not the floor...

transmission shouldn't be affected at all. not to say you aren't feeling something that you might think is transmission... is it the cvt or manual?

as for comments earlier about the new engine not affecting value... maybe not considering it is so new... but usually yes.. and let's be honest... ANY flag brings down the vlaue of a trade in.. valid reason or not. if you were buying a used car and two were priced the same, one that had to have a new engine put in it at 8000km(guessing) and one that is factory, would the choice just come down to a coin flip? personally, i wouldn't take the new engine one unless there was a price drop.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Online tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2014, 01:06:19 pm »
Question.   How many times does a tech get to do this (forget to put the oil in) before he/she is kicked out the door?

Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2014, 01:26:36 pm »
depends if (s)he's good or not!

we all make mistakes at all levels and all jobs. if its a lube kid, one warning might be too many... very replaceable. if it's an apprentice or an actual tech, you'll want to give a talking to at least once... lots of money invested in good techs and they are worth taking the bullet once or twice.

Offline Jamie1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Acura TSX, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited ADI,2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT GT
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2014, 08:55:26 pm »
Good 'ole Nissan "customer service" at its finest.  This is why they are thought of as the Chrysler of Japanese imports...
:rofl: That is what I say all the time. Doing used car recons, Nissans are truly sh!tcans, along with most Hyundai's.
Enjoying the Alberta advantage

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: Re: Oil change gone wrong!
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2014, 11:48:14 pm »
Good 'ole Nissan "customer service" at its finest.  This is why they are thought of as the Chrysler of Japanese imports...
You're confusing them with Mitsubishi.  ;)

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2014, 07:54:02 pm »
Seems there is a lot to this story that hasn't been told yet.

:popcorn:

Agreed.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +417/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2014, 06:54:03 am »
"Warning lights flashing, car sputtering, floorboards heating up!" I would have to think that he'd have lots of lights (red not amber) on by this point

...........and he then drove another 4 kms back to the dealership?  NoTo would be the one to ask but couldn't the OP be considered to have contributed to the damage by not stopping, shutting off the engine and calling roadside??

If he was offered an engine replacement I'd say take it and call it a day.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2014, 07:00:21 am »
"Warning lights flashing, car sputtering, floorboards heating up!" I would have to think that he'd have lots of lights (red not amber) on by this point

...........and he then drove another 4 kms back to the dealership?  NoTo would be the one to ask but couldn't the OP be considered to have contributed to the damage by not stopping, shutting off the engine and calling roadside??

You're assuming that everyone knows cars like we do, we constitute 1% or less IMO.  My colleague at work traded her 07 Rav4 because it was finished, needed front struts, control arms, and stab links...sadly there are a lot of people like this.

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: Re: Oil change gone wrong!
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2014, 08:47:14 am »

You're assuming that everyone knows cars like we do, we constitute 1% or less IMO.  My colleague at work traded her 07 Rav4 because it was finished, needed front struts, control arms, and stab links...sadly there are a lot of people like this.
Lol.  That's normal wear and tear.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2014, 10:36:22 am »
yeah, it is amazing... people on here seem to think we are the norm... hell no. customers come in her and have zero idea about anything...

they don't know what cars we make, the difference between a 4 cylinder and a 4x4, or that 200 a month won't buy much.

i literally get customers pulling in looking for chevy's or kias from next door and think we are all the same company... not as in dealers owned by the same people, that i could understand... but that i could build a chev truck at my factory.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2014, 11:09:36 am »
Our neighbour stopped by a while ago and asked if she could borrow my wife's car. Uhh, no... but maybe we could give you a lift somewhere?

Turns out the neighbour parked her car somewhere and couldn't remember where she left it, so wanted to drive around town and look for it. Uhh, okay...

So they get in our car and my wife asks what kind of car they're looking for. Neighbour replies "It's a GM Dodge." Uhh, right...

Anyway, they did find it. Turns out it was a Dodge Durango.

Offline normancw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +125/-132
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2014, 11:43:07 am »
Our neighbour stopped by a while ago and asked if she could borrow my wife's car. Uhh, no... but maybe we could give you a lift somewhere?

Turns out the neighbour parked her car somewhere and couldn't remember where she left it, so wanted to drive around town and look for it. Uhh, okay...

So they get in our car and my wife asks what kind of car they're looking for. Neighbour replies "It's a GM Dodge." Uhh, right...

What would she have done if she borrowed your car and found hers?  Leave yours there and drive hers back?  :rofl:
Don't fight it.  The sooner you get it the better.
― rrocket

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2014, 11:56:33 am »
:rofl: That is what I say all the time. Doing used car recons, Nissans are truly sh!tcans, along with most Hyundai's.

Not my experience at all, either with my '08 Versa or the dealer. The car never needed a single repair while under warranty and only one off-warranty. My dealer handled that one promptly and for less than CT quoted me. They do all the servicing as well and I haven't had one problem with them. The car's still solid as a tank, not a 'shitcan' at all.

As for the OP, methinks this situation isn't even close to what he/she makes it out to be. There are three sides to every story - yours, theirs and the truth.
' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2014, 03:20:43 pm »
Nothing wrong with a 08 Versa, but generally Nissans have more major issues than average for a Japanese manufacturer.  Too many marginal models ... spread too thin.  Right about the thread .....  idiotic.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2014, 01:48:28 pm »

WOW.

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2014, 08:41:46 am »
^Agreed.  :o

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2014, 10:27:58 pm »
^Agreed.  :o

The correct term is "Un con"     ;D
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...