Author Topic: Preview: 2015 Mazda MX-5 25th Anniversary Edition and MX-5 (FR) Skyactiv Chassis  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

Mazda isn't quite ready with the next generation SkyActiv MX-5, but they did debut a 25th Anniversary Edition and collected an interesting mix of historical Miata models.

Read More...

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +256/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
It's kind of crazy that the U.S. and Canada are each getting 100 of the Anniversary Edition considering our market is  1/10 the size of theirs.

Also, I still thing the 10th Anniversary Edition is cooler:

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
40k.

the special anniversary part list doesn't really sound like much.    except maybe more balanced engine?

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
40k.

the special anniversary part list doesn't really sound like much.    except maybe more balanced engine?

$3-4k of that Mazda is pricing just for exclusivity.  As there will be only 100 made.  They know they will sell.  Heck, I would buy one, but I missing the 40k part... ;)

Mazda isn't the only one that does this, Mustangs, Corvettes, Camaros, etc...

I like the 10th anniversary as well.  But the 3rd generation handles a better in the winter, I've been told.  And I like the PRHT...

Offline normancw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +125/-132
    • View Profile
Amazing that they bucked the trend and made it MUCH lighter.
The chassis shows the engine farther back and closer to the centre of the car, and weighs 100 kilograms (220 pounds) less than the outgoing chassis. Apparently the next generation MX-5 will be the smallest MX-5 ever.

I wonder if they went back to 4 bolt wheels to save weight - I noticed this in spy shots as well.  Probably to save the extra weight of the stud and nut!

Don't fight it.  The sooner you get it the better.
― rrocket

Offline Black Hatch

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 CX-5GT w/Tech
And it sold out in 10 mins.  :-\
http://m.autoblog.com/2014/05/21/mazda-mx5-miata-25th-anniversary-edition-sold-out/?post=1&icid=autoblog_river_article

Kindof like the pre-order Collector Edition Dragon Age3 Inquisition which sold out the day it was announced.
Wtf EB games only having 6 available? >:(

Offline MarkStevenson

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +33/-123
  • Editor @ TTAC
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2004 Suzuki Vitara (snowplow), 2008 Saturn Astra, 2003 Buell XB9S Lightning, 2009 Yamaha R6, 1984 Honda Nighthawk CB450SC (stolen)
And it sold out in 10 mins.  :-\
http://m.autoblog.com/2014/05/21/mazda-mx5-miata-25th-anniversary-edition-sold-out/?post=1&icid=autoblog_river_article

Kindof like the pre-order Collector Edition Dragon Age3 Inquisition which sold out the day it was announced.
Wtf EB games only having 6 available? >:(

I asked Mazda Canada PR this morning what's happening with Canada's 100 units. Since they are going through the traditional dealer channel for sales instead of an online pre-order, they will have more information when the models arrive in July.