Author Topic: Little things that make you happy  (Read 2427914 times)

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
Re: Little things that make you happy
« Reply #14680 on: November 08, 2023, 01:34:03 pm »
Wow things have changed. In my college years we just self guided from Kat to Everest BC. No real idea, plan or agenda. ;D

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #14681 on: November 08, 2023, 01:41:36 pm »
Yes, really professional outfit.. The person who got so ill really wanted to continue so they hired them a horse and had oxygen on them to see if they would improve but they continued to deteriorate and by lunchtime  it was decided they would have to be flown out.

My daughter got involved a bit in helping with treatment/taking vitals etc and with the evacuation decision as she is an RN.  She had Ventolin with her and Diamox.. My daughter was on Diamox from the start prophylactically as were most in her party. Turns out the evac was the right decision as the person had developed clots in both lungs and while OK now can't be cleared to fly out of Nepal for 10 days.

We had two couples we knew do the Inca Trail in Peru and had a similar experience. One guy ended up in a bad way and got carried out slung over a horse, never died but apparently would have happily killed himself at one point

I took Diamox ahead of time and had no trouble in Peru other than a bad headache, and the side effect of feeling my skin was vibrating off my body

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +417/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #14682 on: November 08, 2023, 05:18:50 pm »
Yes, 3 of the 4 remaining trekkers in my daughter's group (including her)  had quite bad headaches the last two days (above 16,500 ft) and one developed the infamous Khumbu cough.
She was talking about Kilimanjaro next year. It will be interesting to see if this experience killed that idea or spurred it on.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #14683 on: November 11, 2023, 09:21:11 pm »
Winnipeg Blue Bombers are headed to the Grey Cup for the fourth time in a row.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #14684 on: November 12, 2023, 07:49:01 am »

GO. BLUE!
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +272/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #14685 on: November 12, 2023, 10:07:43 am »
We were there.  It was awesome!!!! 

We continued our tradition of attending the Western Final up in the Nosebleeds.  I actually kinda like it better up there.  It's cold, but you see the whole game.  This year I've sat twice in the lower bowl, in the 'good seats', and it's hard to see what's going on over the entire field.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14686 on: November 12, 2023, 10:35:52 am »

We continued our tradition of attending the Western Final up in the Nosebleeds.  I actually kinda like it better up there.  It's cold, but you see the whole game.  This year I've sat twice in the lower bowl, in the 'good seats', and it's hard to see what's going on over the entire field.

Great! Looks like fun!  I agree about nosebleed seats having an advantage for football.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14687 on: November 12, 2023, 10:42:03 am »
Daughter safely back in Van yesterday PM after 40 hours in transit. She had 20 hours in Qatar but was still feeling too grotty to go into town to look around or take a tour.  Bought lounge access and then 8 hours sleep in this place. https://sleep-n-fly.com/our-flexisuite-pods  Neat concept...not quite a Japanese capsule hotel but more like a sleeper compartment on a train.  Rents by the hour.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #14688 on: November 12, 2023, 11:21:12 am »

GO. BLUE!

Crush Montreal like a grape!

I agree with you about sitting higher for football.

Trivia: this will be the first time the Bombers and Alouettes have met in the Grey Cup.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +272/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #14689 on: November 16, 2023, 08:09:46 am »
We put our money where our mouths are, and bought 3 season tickets for the '24 season.  Up in the nosebleeds.  We'll surprise my daughter with them at Christmas.  She'll be so excited. 

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #14690 on: November 21, 2023, 10:23:23 pm »
Menards staffer, "Mike", had white hair and a beard to match. I asked him when he starts his mall Santa gig.  He said he wears a Santa hat on Black Friday and told me the adults get as big a kick out of it as the kids do.  I leaned in close to him and said, "just between you and me, you're Santa, right?"  Quietly, he answered, "ho, ho, ho".

Sent from my SM-G990W2 using Tapatalk

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #14691 on: December 01, 2023, 09:59:34 am »
As someone with a parent with Alzheimer's, this really hit home. Damn you Chevrolet!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1730378330946384148

Offline valuator

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +36/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Pilot TrailSport, 2015 Outback 3.6R, 2012 BMW 128i
« Reply #14692 on: December 07, 2023, 07:47:18 am »
Might recall I made a career switch a few months ago. Workload was a little slow as I reconnected with old clients and got my feet underneath me with my new company’s software tools. But holy hell, December will be the single best month of billing I’ve done in my life. I’m actually a lot less worried/stressed now, despite the busy work schedule. Been putting in some hours at night after the kids are in bed, but I’m not gonna complain about that….good problem to have!

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #14693 on: December 07, 2023, 08:17:29 am »
Might recall I made a career switch a few months ago. Workload was a little slow as I reconnected with old clients and got my feet underneath me with my new company’s software tools. But holy hell, December will be the single best month of billing I’ve done in my life. I’m actually a lot less worried/stressed now, despite the busy work schedule. Been putting in some hours at night after the kids are in bed, but I’m not gonna complain about that….good problem to have!

Fantastic!
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Acura Integra Type S, 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si (sold but not forgotten)2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #14694 on: December 07, 2023, 08:25:32 am »
That's fantastic and I'm sure a huge relief for you.  It's validation that the switch was a positive move and I'm sure the New Year will be that much better now that you have your feet underneath you.

Just make sure to take a bit of time to enjoy the holidays and the family, don't need the new job to take over the things that are most important.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #14695 on: December 07, 2023, 08:51:15 am »
That's fantastic and I'm sure a huge relief for you.  It's validation that the switch was a positive move and I'm sure the New Year will be that much better now that you have your feet underneath you.

Just make sure to take a bit of time to enjoy the holidays and the family, don't need the new job to take over the things that are most important.
:iagree: :cheers:

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7218
    • View Profile
« Reply #14696 on: December 07, 2023, 03:29:58 pm »
Nice!!
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1073
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #14697 on: December 07, 2023, 10:12:51 pm »
Great news Valuator! You took a risk and it's working out, that's what it's all about!

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #14698 on: December 07, 2023, 10:44:02 pm »

Great news!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7218
    • View Profile
« Reply #14699 on: December 08, 2023, 12:08:52 am »
Was going through some stuff and found my old, original Serengeti Drivers.

These are real old...multiple decades certainly.Pre dates the later glasses with model numbers on them. All glass lenses.

Still a real nice pair of glasses!