Author Topic: Little things that make you happy  (Read 2387855 times)

Offline marcus_go

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +11/-10
    • View Profile
Re: Little things that make you happy
« Reply #14760 on: December 23, 2023, 08:38:34 pm »
My wife got her MX 30 back.
The water pump has been replaced and she is super happy to have her car back after over a month. She just did not like driving the loaner cx5 (non turbo). She’s used to instant torque and quiet.
The dealer took the water pump from a new MX 30 on their lot because there was not ETA for the new water pump they ordered.

Now that they are discontinued in the US and likely on borrowed time in Canada, this would not be a car I would want to own past warranty if it is so hard to find a water pump that they had to steal one off dealer inventory.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #14761 on: December 23, 2023, 08:56:00 pm »
The water pump has been replaced and she is super happy to have her car back after over a month. She just did not like driving the loaner cx5 (non turbo). She’s used to instant torque and quiet.
The dealer took the water pump from a new MX 30 on their lot because there was not ETA for the new water pump they ordered.

Now that they are discontinued in the US and likely on borrowed time in Canada, this would not be a car I would want to own past warranty if it is so hard to find a water pump that they had to steal one off dealer inventory.
There is one for sale locally, low kms, but the price has dropped a few times and is now at $25,500, and would still qualify for some rebates.

Offline marcus_go

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14762 on: December 23, 2023, 09:08:46 pm »

There is one for sale locally, low kms, but the price has dropped a few times and is now at $25,500, and would still qualify for some rebates.

Yeah, the very limited range means they have an abysmal resale value. Pretty evident that this was simply a compliance vehicle.

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #14763 on: December 23, 2023, 09:46:14 pm »

You can get rebates on a used EV?

Theres a bunch for <$25k in Quebec:

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/mazda/mx-30/st-j%C3%A9r%C3%B4me/quebec/5_59735034_ct2004324153256706/?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&ursrc=hl&orup=4_81_320&sprx=-1

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/mazda/mx-30/ste-julie/quebec/5_60892799_2005619214131706/?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&ursrc=hl&orup=10_81_320&sprx=-1&modalXS=1

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #14764 on: December 23, 2023, 10:01:09 pm »

You can get rebates on a used EV?

Some provinces have programs.

I got a $500 rebate on my Prime. Certainly not enough to influence a decision either way. Privately funded too.

But it was $500.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 10:03:55 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-404
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 RS 6 Avant
« Reply #14765 on: December 23, 2023, 10:08:35 pm »
I've been driving the 2009 LS 460 quite a bit the last few days, and because I was dealing with some problems around a failed brake actuator for the better part of a year, I'd forgotten just how blo*dy GOOD that car is to drive when it's sorted.

Dealing with a ton of house reno cr*p right now so having to boot around town quite a bit, and trying to stay out of the LC when my clothes are all grubby and my driveway is effectively a construction site. Getting into the LS 460 and just beating on it with urgency is so darn satisfying. I'm at about 154,000km now.
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline sszoomzoom

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +24/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX5 Signature - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
« Reply #14766 on: December 23, 2023, 10:45:43 pm »

It is a lease. When lease is over my wife hopes Mazda will have something for her.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14767 on: December 23, 2023, 10:53:55 pm »
I've been driving the 2009 LS 460 quite a bit the last few days, and because I was dealing with some problems around a failed brake actuator for the better part of a year, I'd forgotten just how blo*dy GOOD that car is to drive when it's sorted.

Dealing with a ton of house reno cr*p right now so having to boot around town quite a bit, and trying to stay out of the LC when my clothes are all grubby and my driveway is effectively a construction site. Getting into the LS 460 and just beating on it with urgency is so darn satisfying. I'm at about 154,000km now.
Tough to beat for the daily grind.

Offline marcus_go

• Auto Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14768 on: December 23, 2023, 10:56:46 pm »

It is a lease. When lease is over my wife hopes Mazda will have something for her.

Hopefully they have more hybrid and PHEV options. I think the CX-50 hybrid is due next year.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #14769 on: December 24, 2023, 04:55:00 pm »
I watched A Christmas Carol (1951) for the first time today.  Maybe, there is hope for a curmudgeon like me. 
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Online revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #14770 on: December 25, 2023, 07:32:13 pm »
A bit overwhelmed. My family gifted me something I’d never have guessed in a million years. They know me to be a huge aviation geek. Getting my PPL has been a lifelong dream. I’m a huge step closer now- I’ll be enrolled to get my Recreational Pilot Permit!! Something I never dreamed of. Nervous and yet super excited!

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #14771 on: December 25, 2023, 08:16:02 pm »
Congrats! Great to cross off bucket list items

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14772 on: December 25, 2023, 08:51:17 pm »
A bit overwhelmed. My family gifted me something I’d never have guessed in a million years. They know me to be a huge aviation geek. Getting my PPL has been a lifelong dream. I’m a huge step closer now- I’ll be enrolled to get my Recreational Pilot Permit!! Something I never dreamed of. Nervous and yet super excited!
Awesome!!

I never got my license on purpose...because I knew (and know) I'd blow all my money buying airplanes!

Have fun and keep us posted!

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #14773 on: December 25, 2023, 09:15:07 pm »

Wonderful!

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1073
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #14774 on: December 25, 2023, 11:10:19 pm »

Awesome! Keep us posted on the experience, something I've always been curious about.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-404
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 RS 6 Avant
« Reply #14775 on: December 26, 2023, 12:58:54 am »

This is awesome. I’ve always wanted to do this too. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #14776 on: December 26, 2023, 09:54:47 am »
Awesome! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +417/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #14777 on: December 26, 2023, 11:17:18 am »

Congrats!  Great to make progress towards crossing an item off of the bucket list.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
Little things that make you happy
« Reply #14778 on: December 26, 2023, 09:53:38 pm »

That’s great. I’m sure you’ll have a blast. Some nice flying country around there too. Was out of the Vernon airport and around Lumby for a few days this spring and really enjoyed it.

Lumby pics from May, just for motivation and encouragement. :) There’s a pretty established paragliding operation out of there. Bet that would be fun too.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 10:01:22 pm by HeliDriver »

Online revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #14779 on: December 26, 2023, 10:42:21 pm »
We’re in between Vernon and Lumby. I can watch paragliders from our house, closer to the VegPro plant there’s another company that offers paraglides. I’m pretty stoked! I’d actually love to do some time in a simulator taking off and landing at YLW. Apparently it’s a somewhat trickier airport for both. This whole thing has had me up at night with anticipation and a bunch of nervousness lol.

But for sure hard to live in a better spot for nice sightseeing from above. Thanks for the pics!