Author Topic: Backup Cameras To Be Mandated Starting In 2018  (Read 12536 times)

Offline Black Hatch

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 CX-5GT w/Tech
Re: Backup Cameras To Be Mandated Starting In 2018
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2014, 11:38:01 am »
FFS...Go ask a professional truck driver or heavy equipment operator how they back up. Mirrors, its not that difficult.

Yeah, but that takes skill and practice, the vast majority of the drivers on the road have neither.

If you can parallel park then backing straight into a parking spot should be easy.

How do you load your pickup or items in the trunk then? Assuming that another car is parked behind or wall.

And as mention most heavy vehicles on construction sites require a spotter when backing up or when available.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2014, 01:45:02 pm »
I think people need to stop buying cars with poor visibility.  Car makers will build whatever sells and as long as people keep picking form over function that's what you will get.
+1 - and you got an applaud for that.  I like a good-lookin' car as much as the next lady or gent, but not at the expense of outward visibility.  I think that buying these Hyundai/Kia/Mazda/whatever else has poor outward visibility is just buying into the notion that looks are more important than functionality.

I'm positive that one of the Forester's biggest selling features is the mammoth rear visibility, and Subaru wouldn't get rid of that, ever.  I'm almost positive it's what sold us on the Fozzie over the Tiguan (that, and the far better AWD feeling)

Offline X-Traction

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-96
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2014, 02:40:53 pm »
I think people need to stop buying cars with poor visibility.  Car makers will build whatever sells and as long as people keep picking form over function that's what you will get.
+1 - and you got an applaud for that.  I like a good-lookin' car as much as the next lady or gent, but not at the expense of outward visibility.  I think that buying these Hyundai/Kia/Mazda/whatever else has poor outward visibility is just buying into the notion that looks are more important than functionality.

I'm positive that one of the Forester's biggest selling features is the mammoth rear visibility, and Subaru wouldn't get rid of that, ever.  I'm almost positive it's what sold us on the Fozzie over the Tiguan (that, and the far better AWD feeling)

Not to mention the current stupid fashion trend of eyeglasses with such wide temples that they block peripheral vision.  Even if this stupidity is legal, why are people so dumb as to buy the things?
And some cretins think I hate cars.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2014, 03:40:23 pm »
Not to mention the current stupid fashion trend of eyeglasses with such wide temples that they block peripheral vision.  Even if this stupidity is legal, why are people so dumb as to buy the things?
Because they want to be cool before it's cool, or something hipster like that.