Author Topic: Ice Through Your Windshield Is Just One Of Many Reasons To Drive Safe  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

Nova Scotia woman escapes serious injury as ice from vehicle ahead smashes through windshield

Read More...

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: Ice Through Your Windshield Is Just One Of Many Reasons To Drive Safe
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 12:18:17 pm »
I wonder if the driver of the bus received any charges?  The number of people that are too lazy and inconsiderate to clean their car off is staggering.

Offline pcsp

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +38/-53
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Nissan Juke AWD (current), 2008 HHR SS (current), 1974 Mazda 929, Triumph TR6, VW Diesel PU, 1981 VW Cabriolet, 1987 Dodge Raider, etc.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 11:32:33 pm »
I wonder if the driver of the bus received any charges?  The number of people that are too lazy and inconsiderate to clean their car off is staggering.
Totally agree. I'm seeing a trend of just hopping in the car. starting it, and go. If the wipers can clear a porthole, then great. Snow/ice on the roof, windows, hood, etc. is ignored. This is not, however, hard to police - the will just has to be there. Perhaps a few less speeding tickets.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7212
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 11:42:54 pm »

The roof of a bus is a loooong reach.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: Re: Ice Through Your Windshield Is Just One Of Many Reasons To Drive Safe
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 11:44:13 pm »
Totally agree. I'm seeing a trend of just hopping in the car. starting it, and go. If the wipers can clear a porthole, then great. Snow/ice on the roof, windows, hood, etc. is ignored. This is not, however, hard to police - the will just has to be there. Perhaps a few less speeding tickets.

There's places in the US where they enforce it strongly.  If you don't clean off your vehicle before driving, you get fined.