Author Topic: AJAC Canadian Car of the Year: By the Numbers ' Chevrolet Corvette Stingray  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

Standout scores for performance and value put the bar-raising new Stingray ahead of this year's performance-car competitors.

Read More...

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
Well the category entrants in this one make more sense.

Cayman
BMW 4-Series Coupe
Mercedes-Benz E 63 AMG Sedan
Jaguar F-Type
Mercedes-Benz E 350 Coupe
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline jyarkony

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +119/-153
    • View Profile
    • Autos.ca
  • Cars: 2003 VW Jetta Wagon 1.8T; 2001 VW GTI VR6

Cayman
BMW 4-Series Coupe
Jaguar F-Type

I kinda' thought the 4 Seris and E 350 belonged in a Luxury category.... but  need to drive that 435i again - and not on the same day as driving the Corvette... the Corvette just ruined me.
Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
                                                        –Walt Whitman

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-82
    • View Profile

Cayman
BMW 4-Series Coupe
Jaguar F-Type

I kinda' thought the 4 Seris and E 350 belonged in a Luxury category.... but  need to drive that 435i again - and not on the same day as driving the Corvette... the Corvette just ruined me.

Agreed, and not sure about the E63 sedan vs coupes in this category....?

I'm interested in how the Cayman and the F-Type scored against each other. Which F-Type was it again?

Offline jyarkony

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
    • Autos.ca

Cayman
BMW 4-Series Coupe
Jaguar F-Type

Agreed, and not sure about the E63 sedan vs coupes in this category....?

I'm interested in how the Cayman and the F-Type scored against each other. Which F-Type was it again?

F-Type V6 S.

see attached.

Offline nlm

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-82
    • View Profile
Wow, one does not get a lot of points for better acceleration: the F-Type was over a second faster than the Cayman 0-60, breaks the psychological 6 sec barrier whereas the Cayman didn't and the Jag didn't even get a full additional point for the feat. I guess its universal across the board but wouldn't 0-60 be one of the top benchmarks for shoppers in this class?

It's interesting considering how the F-Type V6S bridges the gap between the Cayman and the 911 but is beaten quite handedly by the Cayman in the scoring.

Offline jyarkony

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
    • Autos.ca
Wow, one does not get a lot of points for better acceleration: the F-Type was over a second faster than the Cayman 0-60, breaks the psychological 6 sec barrier whereas the Cayman didn't and the Jag didn't even get a full additional point for the feat. I guess its universal across the board but wouldn't 0-60 be one of the top benchmarks for shoppers in this class?

It's interesting considering how the F-Type V6S bridges the gap between the Cayman and the 911 but is beaten quite handedly by the Cayman in the scoring.

the weighting would happen after that point score is assigned, so the greater weighting in this category would, in effect, widen the gap.