Author Topic: 2015 Lincoln Navigator Receives Quiet Online Debut Before Chicago  (Read 7293 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

Ford gives the luxury full-size SUV a new lease on life with comprehensive refresh

Read More...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
Re: 2015 Lincoln Navigator Receives Quiet Online Debut Before Chicago
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 12:25:11 pm »
Nice lipstick there, Ford, err, Lincoln.

Best 'in-class'...sooo, Escalade vs Navigator - and Escalade can do up to 8,300lbs.  I'd like to see them beat that with a turbo 6.  Me thinks the bullsh!t flag may need to be brought out.

Heavy beast with twin-turbo V6...the beast on fuel will remain - and no mention of which tranny they're going with, so presume the 6-speed autobox.  Poor Lincoln, they try so hard a little.

Northernridge

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 12:41:49 pm »
So quiet in fact that nobody heard it.

People did however read about it on autos.ca in their new-fangled news feed.   ;D 

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 03:08:14 pm »
I'm guessing the team that did the redesign had a smaller budget then the secret Santa Christmas committee.   Like the Ranger and the Econoline van, this truck is destined to die a slow death because Ford can't be bothered to keep it up to date

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 03:09:50 pm »
Huh....the new Escalade is absolutely awesome......and this is the best Ford could do.....quietly take the Navigator behind the woodshed and put two bullets in the back of its head. This thing is done, kaput, finito...why even bother??
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 03:17:46 pm »
Like I've said before on threads like this.....Lincoln?....They still make Lincolns?  ???
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline opg210

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +19/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 VW Golf Wagon, 2012 Mini Cooper convertible, 2006 Ninja 650R
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 03:51:46 pm »
Huh....the new Escalade is absolutely awesome...
I have no use for anything in this segment, but isn't the success of the Escalade a bit of a mystery? An obvious upgrade of the other GM products, but the price differential for the trinkets always seemed ludicrous to me. An Escalade to me reeks of "cachet" or other idiotic badge snobbery...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 03:58:23 pm »
I have no use for anything in this segment, but isn't the success of the Escalade a bit of a mystery? An obvious upgrade of the other GM products, but the price differential for the trinkets always seemed ludicrous to me. An Escalade to me reeks of "cachet" or other idiotic badge snobbery...

I think they are great, honestly a Denali would be just as good, but I like the nose on the Caddy better. The price difference for trinkets is ludicrous on most cars, there was a discussion on here about how you can go from a $23K Mustang to a $65k GT500, or a BMW 3 series has a $20-30K split from base to top end. This happens with all other cars.

Northernridge

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 04:10:57 pm »

I think they are great, honestly a Denali would be just as good, but I like the nose on the Caddy better. The price difference for trinkets is ludicrous on most cars, there was a discussion on here about how you can go from a $23K Mustang to a $65k GT500, or a BMW 3 series has a $20-30K split from base to top end. This happens with all other cars.

+1 on the Escalade, I like them too.

Offline opg210

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 04:14:06 pm »

True, never thought of it that way. I do tire of hearing proud soccer moms driving around in their 'gangster' black escalades though...sure, you look just like Snoop Dog...

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 04:18:28 pm »
 :sleep:

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 04:53:22 pm »

True, never thought of it that way. I do tire of hearing proud soccer moms driving around in their 'gangster' black escalades though...sure, you look just like Snoop Dog...

Yeah, but whats the difference between that and the guy who has never taken his Corvette past 3000rpm or a Jeep Wrangler thats never been offroad/had the top off?? I dont know, if I could afford a Escalade, Id get an Escalanche anyways because I like the bed, I would, they are very comfortable, feature laden and AWD, best "winter beater" ever.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 05:04:13 pm »
The dashboard still looks like it's straight from the 80s.

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 05:15:03 pm »
Huh....the new Escalade is absolutely awesome......and this is the best Ford could do.....quietly take the Navigator behind the woodshed and put two bullets in the back of its head. This thing is done, kaput, finito...why even bother??

One advantage the Lincoln has over the Escalade is the very clever disappearing third row seat.  I always chuckle when I picture a rap star struggling to remove the 3rd row in his Caddy because he has too many bodies to dump.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 05:17:19 pm »

One advantage the Lincoln has over the Escalade is the very clever disappearing third row seat.  I always chuckle when I picture a rap star struggling to remove the 3rd row in his Caddy because he has too many bodies to dump.

"Yo homie, dis seat is whack....how we gonna get Lil Ray Rays corpse outta here...should gotten some Stow and Go foh shizzle!!"  ;D

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 05:17:32 pm »
The dashboard still looks like it's straight from the 80s.

You stole my thunder. Very good, serious looking exterior (sans 22" rims) but the centre stack is so cheap it would be my deal killer, well, besides having to move soooo much air every time  :P
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline MarkStevenson

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +33/-123
  • Editor @ TTAC
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2004 Suzuki Vitara (snowplow), 2008 Saturn Astra, 2003 Buell XB9S Lightning, 2009 Yamaha R6, 1984 Honda Nighthawk CB450SC (stolen)
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 05:34:23 pm »

This is no longer an issue as the full size GM SUVs have seats that fold into the floor.

Offline opg210

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 06:00:39 pm »

Yeah, but whats the difference between that and the guy who has never taken his Corvette past 3000rpm or a Jeep Wrangler thats never been offroad/had the top off?? I dont know, if I could afford a Escalade, Id get an Escalanche anyways because I like the bed, I would, they are very comfortable, feature laden and AWD, best "winter beater" ever.
Too true. A poser can drive anything, depends who they're posing for. In Curb Your Enthusiasm Larry David drives a Prius because he's posing for the Hollywood crowd.

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 06:04:50 pm »

This is no longer an issue as the full size GM SUVs have seats that fold into the floor.

Are you sure?  Thought I read they still didn't have them.  I'll have double check when I get a chance. 

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 06:05:51 pm »

Are you sure?  Thought I read they still didn't have them.  I'll have double check when I get a chance.

No for sure, I didnt like that in the previous version either, they are now flat folding.