Author Topic: Preview: 2015 Ford F-150  (Read 12679 times)

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: Re: Re: Preview: 2015 Ford F-150
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 07:54:24 pm »
Interesting that they have an image with the 2015 equipped with a snow plough. The current F150 is not rated to plough.   Need to move to a F250/F350 to get plough rating.

Not true.  You can get a plough on a current F150.  I believe you have to have certain options and Ford even shows a snow plough prep option on their online builder.
Went through the online builder site and can only see the snow plough prep on the F250/350 models.
F150 - no luck. Some web chatter on Ford making the change for 2013 MY .
Not sure why I can't see the option.

I went on and I couldn't see it either.  It was there for the 2013 MY.

Offline Cory X

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-8
    • View Profile
Re: Preview: 2015 Ford F-150
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 11:16:15 am »
Too many pickups are being used as automotive jewelry and personal transport as opposed to the tools they were designed to be.  That said, the 700 pounds cut from the 150 is really impressive.  There are bound to be a lot of other fuel efficiency advances in the new model and it will be interesting to see exactly what effect this effort has on mileage in a road test.  I wonder if Ford has a hybrid F150 under wraps?

Cheers,
John M.

Trucks are not just designed to use for heavy duty work ! Its a all around vehicle,family vehicle ect. 

With your theory,you could ask,why do cars have a back seat or passenger seat..many people only drive themselves and no passengers ,or one could say people who buy cars dont care about their life because they are small/unsafe ! Or actually I laugh at this one all the time,people who buy economy cars and race them around,drive fast ect..Its a economy car,so drive slow to be economic !

I use my truck as a daily driver,I also own a car that I use every other day or so.As a car/truck guy I love my truck and my car,so every other day I switch them..

I also own a 2005 Dodge RAM SRT-10 QuadCab for weekend and nice weather driving (Viper Engine performance truck)..I enjoy cruising around on weekends,evenings with my future wife..Great view of the road,and we go allover just to look around and find new places one couldnt find being stuck in a government bus or riding a bike or walking !! Or even taking my car,you dont enjoy cruising around as much due to limited visibility in a car vs truck.

Many people use trucks as daily drivers,because they are the safest vehicle on the roads (besides rigs ect..)Trucks are roomy,comfortable and get good gas mileage and great performance GM/Ford/RAM trucks can and do outrun many premium luxury/sports cars .

And I am well over 6 feet tall,and most cars are made for short people of 5'8..And a truck is a perfect fit for me,and the most important thing is safety,and with a great view of the road you can see over cars and other vehicles.I had a buddy like you,then he rode in my truck and couldnt get over the room,vision...needless to say he sold his small import car for a truck and is happier then ever.

Furthermore,its a free country we can and do and buy what we want !! No harm done driving a truck vs a car ! 

Good-Day !

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 11:37:34 am »
You had me until this:

Trucks are roomy,comfortable and get good gas mileage

Trucks get terrible mileage compared to cars.  Full Stop.

No harm done driving a truck vs a car ! 

Except for double the fuel consumption and the associated emissions. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:39:32 am by tortoise »
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 11:46:51 am »

Trucks are not just designed to use for heavy duty work ! Its a all around vehicle,family vehicle ect. 

With your theory,you could ask,why do cars have a back seat or passenger seat..many people only drive themselves and no passengers
,or one could say people who buy cars dont care about their life because they are small/unsafe !

I agree with your point in bold - many vehicles (most, even) aren't used to their full capacity ever, let alone often. So you're right there, it's not a fair criticism of any vehicle.

But I can't get behind your second point that bigger = safer - I don't think that's accurate.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 12:35:04 pm »

With your theory,you could ask,why do cars have a back seat or passenger seat..many people only drive themselves and no passengers
,or one could say people who buy cars dont care about their life because they are small/unsafe !

I agree with your point in bold - many vehicles (most, even) aren't used to their full capacity ever, let alone often. So you're right there, it's not a fair criticism of any vehicle.

But I can't get behind your second point that bigger = safer - I don't think that's accurate.
Actually, in the videos, that show all the car crush testing, they say the bigger the safer ,

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 12:37:30 pm »

Actually, in the videos, that show all the car crush testing, they say the bigger the safer ,

Well, if that's true, then this is my next vehicle:

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 12:39:55 pm »
You had me until this:

Trucks are roomy,comfortable and get good gas mileage

Trucks get terrible mileage compared to cars.  Full Stop.

No harm done driving a truck vs a car ! 

Except for double the fuel consumption and the associated emissions.
They get the same mileage  ;D

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 12:54:56 pm »
Can trucks make left turns without slowing down below the speed limit? No? One point for cars.

Accidents are preventable, don't get into one.

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
Re: Re: Preview: 2015 Ford F-150
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 01:01:36 pm »
It is actually.

You're right. I just went and looked it up.
Cars are still better performers in active safety, but heavier vehicles are now considered safer in crashes.
I have embarrassment.
http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1061830_pickup-vs-suv-which-is-the-safer-choice 

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 01:04:56 pm »
Rollovers are the big pickup killers:

Rollovers are rare but deadly. Vehicles roll over in less than 3 percent of all crashes, but these crashes account for more than a third of passenger vehicle occupant deaths.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/rollover-crashes/topicoverview

It would be interesting how much stability control is helping, but in the winter one of the big problems is so many pickups run all terrain tires with poor grip on the pavement.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 01:45:44 pm »
Can trucks make left turns without slowing down below the speed limit? No? One point for cars.

Why would you want to do that ?
Trucks can run over small cars , 2 points for trucks  :rofl:

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 03:19:34 pm »
Not traditionally a fan of trucks as a daily driver, but it is starting to make more sense as the state of our roads continue to deteriorate.  I don't cringe so much when I hit a huge pothole, or crap laying on the road while driving the truck. 

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 03:47:16 pm »

Anything below the size of a Chrysler 300 I wont even lift for if they cut me off or blow a light/stop sign ;D
Lighten up Francis.....

Northernridge

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2014, 04:07:55 pm »

Anything below the size of a Chrysler 300 I wont even lift for if they cut me off or blow a light/stop sign ;D

Funny you say that. I almost never got cut off in my old black rattlin' Dodge Ram. Meanwhile, in the Berlin taxi people are either very generous and let me in, or they go out of their way not to.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Re: Preview: 2015 Ford F-150
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2014, 04:08:47 pm »

Funny you say that. I almost never got cut off in my old black rattlin' Dodge Ram. Meanwhile, in the Berlin taxi people are either very generous and let me in, or they go out of their way not to.

The Dodge was fear....MB is most likely jealousy.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2014, 05:20:13 pm »
Too many pickups are being used as automotive jewelry and personal transport as opposed to the tools they were designed to be.  That said, the 700 pounds cut from the 150 is really impressive.  There are bound to be a lot of other fuel efficiency advances in the new model and it will be interesting to see exactly what effect this effort has on mileage in a road test.  I wonder if Ford has a hybrid F150 under wraps?

Cheers,
John M.

With your theory,you could ask,why do cars have a back seat or passenger seat..many people only drive themselves and no passengers ,or one could say people who buy cars dont care about their life because they are small/unsafe ! Or actually I laugh at this one all the time,people who buy economy cars and race them around,drive fast ect..Its a economy car,so drive slow to be economic !

I use my truck as a daily driver,I also own a car that I use every other day or so.As a car/truck guy I love my truck and my car,so every other day I switch them..

I also own a 2005 Dodge RAM SRT-10 QuadCab for weekend and nice weather driving (Viper Engine performance truck)..I enjoy cruising around on weekends,evenings with my future wife..Great view of the road,and we go allover just to look around and find new places one couldnt find being stuck in a government bus or riding a bike or walking !! Or even taking my car,you dont enjoy cruising around as much due to limited visibility in a car vs truck.

Many people use trucks as daily drivers,because they are the safest vehicle on the roads (besides rigs ect..)Trucks are roomy,comfortable and get good gas mileage and great performance GM/Ford/RAM trucks can and do outrun many premium luxury/sports cars .

And I am well over 6 feet tall,and most cars are made for short people of 5'8..And a truck is a perfect fit for me,and the most important thing is safety,and with a great view of the road you can see over cars and other vehicles.I had a buddy like you,then he rode in my truck and couldnt get over the room,vision...needless to say he sold his small import car for a truck and is happier then ever.

Furthermore,its a free country we can and do and buy what we want !! No harm done driving a truck vs a car ! 

Good-Day !

That's fine give the oil companies all your money. ;D
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2014, 07:25:07 pm »
Safety is multifactorial.  Pickups are apparently overrepresented in fatalities.  Two explanations are usually offered.  (1) Rollovers  (2) Young males disproportionately buy pickups.  On the other hand, pickups tend to be crashworthy, and certainly bring a weight advantage to collisions.  Of course, more weight crashing into an immovable object will serve to transfer more of the crash forces to the occupants.  Much depends upon context when assessing safety.

AP's got it. Weight may be an advantage in multi-vehicle accidents. It's a disadvantage in single vehicle accidents.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2014, 08:39:21 pm »
Safety is multifactorial.  Pickups are apparently overrepresented in fatalities.  Two explanations are usually offered.  (1) Rollovers  (2) Young males disproportionately buy pickups.  On the other hand, pickups tend to be crashworthy, and certainly bring a weight advantage to collisions.  Of course, more weight crashing into an immovable object will serve to transfer more of the crash forces to the occupants.  Much depends upon context when assessing safety.

AP's got it. Weight may be an advantage in multi-vehicle accidents. It's a disadvantage in single vehicle accidents.
It really comes down to the driver, 40 years no accidents yet  ;D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2014, 08:43:30 pm »

You drive a Prius...which means you don't even drive fast enough to get out of your own way!   ;D
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2014, 08:48:34 pm »

You drive a Prius...which means you don't even drive fast enough to get out of your own way!   ;D
I can go fast when I need to  ;D