Author Topic: What "build and price" sites have you been on lately  (Read 241002 times)

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
Re: What "build and price" sites have you been on lately
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2014, 01:08:36 pm »
I wonder if APR have started on the 1.8 yet?
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline SKYMTL

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +30/-77
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 BMW 440i, 2014 Mazda 3 GT Sport
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2014, 01:15:06 pm »
I was actually going to come on here to talk about the Golf.  I've been eagerly waiting for it but MAN are the options limited. 

TDI + DSG + Highline = almost $34 grand. 

And they don't even give you the option of other wheels.  :(

As much as I loathe Mazda, their 3 GT is looking mighty tempting right now.  There's no way a TDI is worth $7000 more.....

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2014, 01:22:43 pm »
Looks like adaptive cruise is not available. Off my list now. Only the runty looking A3 has it and when you get to that level its around $48k.....which will be close to what a new C300 is likely to be at same trim.

So my list narrows....and gets more expensive.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2014, 01:23:04 pm »
I wonder if APR have started on the 1.8 yet?

I think this is the right engine.

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_18tsi_gen3_trans.html

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +256/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2014, 01:27:54 pm »
I'm kinda surprised VW is offering a base 3-door GTI, but not a base 5-door GTI.  Price difference between them  - about 4.5K - is pretty substantial (obviously a lot more kit on the 5-door with standard autobahn package though).  As for the relatively low price difference between the regular Golf and the GTI, I think the 1.8T might account for that.  It's still a stretch from base golf to GTI, but maybe not as much as it was before.

Both have gone down in price. A base three door '13 was $19,975 while the new one is $18,995.

Base '13 GTI was $29,375 and is now $27,995.

So difference between '13s is $9400 and '14s is $9000.

Looks like Comfortline and Trendline models are cheaper than they used to be while Highlines have gone up in price.

Offline SaskSpecV

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +87/-149
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Subaru Forester Touring 6MT, 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLsport 5MT, 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2014, 01:32:10 pm »
Yeah, I was somewhat surprised by the price of the loaded Golfs - OTOH, VW seems to have made a bunch of the features standard that were previously optional.  Seems like a decent deal - if you actually wanted those features.

Where are you finding the list of standard features?

Hmmm, I may have jumped to conclusions there - saw "leatherette" seats as standard on the comfortline trim - but I'm not sure about the rest of the feature list.  I thought the basic 5" dash display screen (not the nav unit one) is standard now?  But maybe the 2015 Golf isn't appreciably better equipped than the previous gen?

The option packages are definitely smaller than the previous gen, but the price for the options seems more reasonable.  The Convenience package for $1695:

Automatic headlights
Auto-dimming rearview mirror
Climatronic® dual-zone electronic climate control
Light assist
Panorama tilt and slide power sunroof
Rain-sensing wipers

The sunroof itself was a $1400 standalone option on the previous gen, IIRC.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2014, 01:52:00 pm »
The Sport Package on the base three door GTI is a great deal at $1,995:

- Panoramic sunroof
- 18" wheels
- keyless start
- rain sensing wipers
- auto headlights
- high beam assist
- auto dimming mirrors

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2014, 02:24:45 pm »
Yeah, I was somewhat surprised by the price of the loaded Golfs - OTOH, VW seems to have made a bunch of the features standard that were previously optional.  Seems like a decent deal - if you actually wanted those features.

I can't seem to find what is standard on each trim?

Offline micha

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +11/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW Golf R; 2019 VW Golf Sportwagen; 1998 Mercedes E320
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2014, 02:42:51 pm »

I can't seem to find what is standard on each trim?

This is the email dealerships received:

February 13, 2014

TO: All Volkswagen Dealers

ATTENTION: Dealer Principals, General Managers, Sales Managers

SUBJECT: Introducing the all-new 2015 7th Generation Golf and Golf GTI

We are thrilled to announce the arrival of the eagerly anticipated Canadian pricing, packaging, standard and optional equipment for the all-new seventh generation Golf and Golf GTI, launching this spring as 2015 models. As the first Volkswagen branded models riding on the new MQB platform, the Golf and Golf GTI herald the arrival of a host of new and innovative features to the market. The dynamic driving experience, engineering precision and attention to detail that you have come to expect from previous generations remain but are accompanied with advanced new features and an improved value story that we cannot wait to share with you!
 Available key features on the all-new 2015 Golf and Golf GTI:

 All new engine family (1.8 TSI – 170 hp)(2.0 TDI – 150 hp)(2.0 TSI – 210 hp)
 5.8 inch Full-colour, touch-screen Infotainment system with proximity sensor
 Multi-collision braking
 Driver Profile Selection
 Automatic High Beam Control
 ESC “Sport Mode”
 Interior Ambient Lighting
 Fender-branded premium audio
 LED front fog lights
 Panorama tilt/slide sunroof

Simply put, the all-new 2015 Golf and Golf GTI represent a landmark in the compact class with features normally found in luxury vehicles now available in the compact class.

2015 Golf Line-up

We are proud to announce that the all-new 2015 Golf will enter the market with a starting MSRP of only $18,995!
 However, the Golf 3 door Trendline is anything but basic, offering a long list of new features for 2015:

 1.8 TSI engine
 Alloy wheels
 Bluetooth
 MDI
 Sirius/XM Satellite Radio
 Trip Computer

Despite the addition of almost $1,000 in additional equipment, the MSRP drops by just under $1,000 versus the outgoing model! This represents almost $2,000 in additional value for the customer.

The value story further improves on the 5 door Trendline, which receives all the 3 door
 equipment plus:

 Heated front seats
 Heated windshield washer nozzles

Most importantly, despite adding all these new standard features, the MSRP of the 5
 door Trendline has dropped by almost $1,500 versus the outgoing 2013 model to only
 $19,995! Again, this represents $2,845 in additional value for your customers! New for
 2015, the TDI Clean Diesel engine is available on the Trendline trim with pricing starting
 at only $23,095 with the standard 6 speed manual transmission.

The 5 door Comfortline trim adds several new comfort and convenience enhancements
 for 2015 including:

 16 inch alloy wheels
 Rear view camera
 Fog lights
 Leatherette seats

Despite the addition of almost $1,500 in additional standard equipment, the price of the
 1.8 TSI Comfortline is lower than the outgoing 2013 model and starts at only $22,895!
 The TDI Clean Diesel model starts at only $25,395.

The Comfortline model can be further customized with the addition of 2 new option
 packages for 2015:
•Convenience Package: Auto Headlights, Auto-dimming rear view mirror, Panorama tilt/slide sunroof, Automatic High Beam Control, Climatronic
•Multi-media Package: Navigation, Fender-branded premium audio, Bi-Xenon headlights with LED DRL’s and AFS

The top-line 5 door Golf Highline features a wealth of new luxury features for 2015,
 many of which are new to the Golf line-up:

 KESSY
 12 way power driver’s seat (8 way power adjustment plus 4 way power lumbar)
 Auto Headlights
 Auto-dimming rear view mirror
 Rain sensing windshield wipers
 Ambient interior lighting

With a starting price of only $28,495 with the 1.8 TSI engine, the Golf Highline
 nonetheless represents an improved value story from the outgoing 2013 model. The
 TDI Clean Diesel model starts at only $30,995.
 In addition, the Highline model can be customized with the addition of the Multi-media
 Package, including Navigation, Fender-branded premium audio, Bi-Xenon headlights
 with LED DRL’s and AFS.

2015 Golf GTI Line-up

The all-new 2015 Golf GTI represents yet another mile-stone for this iconic model and the launch of a more powerful, 210 hp 2.0 TSI engine with an astounding 258 lb. ft. of torque!

While the added performance will amaze your senses, your practical side will be equally impressed by the improved value story of the 2015 Golf GTI. Despite the addition of a long list of standard features, we are pleased to announce that the starting MSRP of the all-new Golf GTI is only $27,995!

This represents a price drop of almost $1,400 versus the outgoing 2013 model!

The 2015 Golf GTI line-up starts with the 3 door model and includes the following new items as standard equipment:

 Top Sport Seats with newly designed “Clark” cloth trim
 5.8 inch touch-screen Infotainment system with proximity sensor
 Driver Profile Select
 Direct Steering
 Interior Ambient Lighting
 ESP “Sport” mode
 17 inch “Brooklyn” alloy wheels

Again, we are proud to announce that the 3 door Golf GTI will be priced from only $27,995 with the standard 6 speed manual transmission.

Owners can further customize their 3 door Golf GTI by adding the optional Sport Package with the following equipment: Panoramic tilt/slide sunroof, 18 inch “Austin” alloy wheels, Auto-dimming rear view mirror, Auto headlights, rain sensing wipers, Automatic High Beam Control.

The performance and value story improves further with the addition of a 3 and 5 door Autobahn trim to the 2015 Golf GTI line-up. These new top-line Golf GTI trims include a host of additional features, combining outstanding looks with comfort and convenience items. Added equipment includes:

 Fender-branded premium audio
 Bi-Xenon headlights with LED DRL’s and AFS
 LED front fog lights
 18 inch “Austin” alloy wheels
 KESSY
 Rear View Camera
 Auto headlights
 Auto-dimming rear view mirror
 Rain-sensing windshield wipers

Priced from only $31,995 for the 3 door and only $32,895 for the 5 door, the Autobahn models are the pinnacle of performance and style, all wrapped up in a practical package.

Of course, it is possible to further outfit a Golf GTI Autobahn with 2 option packages available for order. The Technology package adds the convenience of navigation to the standard 5.8 inch infortainment system. The Leather Package adds Top Sport Seats with Vienna Leather trim and, on the 5 door model, the added luxury of a 12 way power driver’s seat. In addition, for the 2015 model year, it is possible to order the Technology and Leather packages either separately or in combination – the choice is yours.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2014, 02:51:15 pm »
Thanks for the letter, hopefully VW will fix their site, to make it easier to find.  Also VW USA doesn't have the build and price for the new Golf yet (that I can see), seems strange we get something before the USA?

Offline SaskSpecV

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Subaru Forester Touring 6MT, 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLsport 5MT, 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2014, 03:09:26 pm »
Great info Micha.  Looks intriguing - it seems that production in Mexico (as opposed to Germany) really does allow for lower pricing.  Or maybe VW Canada simply has to respond to the excellent compact car competition?

I wonder if the Golf Wagon will follow a similar pricing/equipment structure.  What was the price differential on the previous version between 5-door and wagon versions of the same trim - about $1000?  The comfortline 5MT with convenience package (22,900 + 1700) looks to be a nice offering.  Add another grand for the wagon (assuming equivalent packaging) and it would still be < 26K.  Very nice - if it's true!

I REALLY liked the last-gen Golf Wagon, but the tight rear seat and relatively high price steered me away.  Longer wheelbase for this version, so maybe both have been fixed?

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2014, 03:18:04 pm »
Kia.ca will let you "compare" the new Kia Forte 5 - complete with prices and specs  :o - against some selected competitors.

BUT

Will not let you build and price it yet.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline SaskSpecV

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2014, 03:42:03 pm »
Kia.ca will let you "compare" the new Kia Forte 5 - complete with prices and specs  :o - against some selected competitors.

BUT

Will not let you build and price it yet.

I think the MNFRs use 3rd-parties for the vehicle comparison pages, but do the "build and price" page themselves.  Force/other industry types - any comments?  If so, the info about the vehicle for comparison purposes may be provided to the 3rd party before the company is ready to do the build and price page.  I noticed this with the 2014 Mazda5 (among others) - you could compare a 2014 model two months earlier than you could e-build it!  Of course, there was absolutely no change from the 2013, so it's not like it even mattered :P

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2014, 04:30:30 pm »
Not huge fan of leasing, but this caught my eye, $0 down, $59 + tax, semi-monthly for 39 months, 20k a year, for a Versa Note S, 5 speed.

Offline SKYMTL

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2014, 06:01:02 pm »
Back to the Golf....hey VW: 

Why did the Golf loose 9HP?  All other regions get the 2015 GTI in 220HP form. 

Where's the GTI's Performance Pack which adds 10HP and better engine management (bringing all other regions up to 230HP)? 

Where are the cool wheels?  All we get is the leftover pizza dishes from the previous generation.  Where are these: 

Let's not get started on the lack of the one thing many were hoping for:  a 4Motion option.  This would be a KILLER addition and perfect for Canada. 

Damn why do the European car makers dump things down so much?  :(
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:02:52 pm by SKYMTL »

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2014, 06:02:49 pm »

GTI's Performance Pack which adds 10HP and better engine management (bringing all other regions up to 230HP)? 

Where are the cool wheels?  All we get is the leftover pizza dishes from the previous generation.  See below:

Let's not get started on the lack of the one thing many were hoping for:  a 4Motion option. 

Cost probably....not a lot of people willing to pay $35-40K for a not GTi golf with awd.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline SKYMTL

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2014, 06:04:29 pm »

GTI's Performance Pack which adds 10HP and better engine management (bringing all other regions up to 230HP)? 

Where are the cool wheels?  All we get is the leftover pizza dishes from the previous generation.  See below:

Let's not get started on the lack of the one thing many were hoping for:  a 4Motion option. 

Cost probably....not a lot of people willing to pay $35-40K for a not GTi golf with awd.

Maybe but still; for Canada it would be a major selling point.  Not to mention that with options the TDI optioned out in Highline trim without 4Motion almost hits 40K.  :(

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2014, 06:05:25 pm »

Maybe but still; for Canada it would be a major selling point.  Not to mention that with options the TDI without 4Motion almost hits 40K.  :(

Wow...really!! Holy crap, yeah, I dont see a huge market for a $45K TDi Golf....maybe Im wrong.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2014, 06:08:01 pm »
4-Motion is coming in the Golf R, bring a big wallet.

I'm not taking everything on the website as final and think there will be changes in the future.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2014, 09:45:20 pm »

Maybe but still; for Canada it would be a major selling point.  Not to mention that with options the TDI optioned out in Highline trim without 4Motion almost hits 40K.  :(

Most expensive Golf is a Highline TDI DSG with multimedia package for $36k.