Author Topic: Chrysler 100 Gets Speculative Sketch Treatment  (Read 6791 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Chrysler 100 Gets Speculative Sketch Treatment
« on: January 06, 2014, 12:15:23 pm »

If the future Chrysler 100 were to get a hatch and higher ride height, it could look like this

Read More...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Chrysler 100 Gets Speculative Sketch Treatment
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 12:16:11 pm »
Dart hatchback??
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline MarkStevenson

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +33/-123
  • Editor @ TTAC
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2004 Suzuki Vitara (snowplow), 2008 Saturn Astra, 2003 Buell XB9S Lightning, 2009 Yamaha R6, 1984 Honda Nighthawk CB450SC (stolen)
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 12:18:27 pm »
Dart hatchback??

More or less. But with a nicer interior and maybe some more upmarket pieces on the exterior.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 12:20:14 pm »
Dart hatchback??

More or less. But with a nicer interior and maybe some more upmarket pieces on the exterior.

Again....why not just rebadge an Alfa or Fiat?? This whole "americanizing" thing isnt working.

Offline MarkStevenson

• Auto Obsessed
  • Editor @ TTAC
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2004 Suzuki Vitara (snowplow), 2008 Saturn Astra, 2003 Buell XB9S Lightning, 2009 Yamaha R6, 1984 Honda Nighthawk CB450SC (stolen)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 12:24:33 pm »
Dart hatchback??

Again....why not just rebadge an Alfa or Fiat?? This whole "americanizing" thing isnt working.

I think in Canada some Euro-ization of the cars would be beneficial. But, in the States, I get the feeling this is the best course of action.

Northernridge

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 12:26:29 pm »
Hey, that's the exact same Speculative Sketch that every new small car starts with these days.

Speculative sketch...good grief.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 12:26:43 pm »
Dart hatchback??

I think in Canada some Euro-ization of the cars would be beneficial. But, in the States, I get the feeling this is the best course of action.

You dont think the yanks can handle something not specifically made for "Murica??

Offline MarkStevenson

• Auto Obsessed
  • Editor @ TTAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 12:29:40 pm »
Dart hatchback??

You dont think the yanks can handle something not specifically made for "Murica??

Not with a Chrysler winged badge on the front unless they really change their image away from Detroit-build gangster mobiles.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 12:32:38 pm »
Dart hatchback??

Not with a Chrysler winged badge on the front unless they really change their image away from Detroit-build gangster mobiles.

I agree for the 300...and well we all know what the 200 doesnt matter. I think this little hatch could use some Euro tweaking, I know Chrysler cant go full Alfa, the bible belt would wet their corduroys, but a little style couldnt hurt.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 02:14:28 pm »
don't forget that the car that doesn't matter(200) is a huge seller (and not 100% fleets) in both canada and the states.

this is hardly a speculative sketch... it looks exactly like the fiat viaggio hatch...

i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Tincap

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Nissan Fairlandy 300ZX
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 02:34:17 pm »
don't forget that the car that doesn't matter(200) is a huge seller (and not 100% fleets) in both canada and the states.

this is hardly a speculative sketch... it looks exactly like the fiat viaggio hatch...

Exactly. There's been spy shots, of modified Alfa Guiletta circulating, with a bulging nose, being incorrectly stated (IMHO), to be the 100 mule. Any Chrysler 100 would be based directly off of the newly revealed Fiat Viaggio hatchback. However, is there room for a hatchback in Chrysler's line up? Perhaps not. However, a compact CUV yes. If Fiat can rebadge a Dodge Journey and successfully pawn it off as a Fiat Freemont in Europe, why wouldn't they give it a shot here, basing a small CUV on the new Viaggio hatch?

~BG

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 02:39:13 pm »
First mod would be coilovers, drop it 2" at least. With some nice concave wheels, this would look like a hot looking hatch.

Offline Tincap

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 02:45:46 pm »
First mod would be coilovers, drop it 2" at least. With some nice concave wheels, this would look like a hot looking hatch.

Though most of the spy shots I've seen of the Viaggio hatch, have come from China, there have been several taken in Europe, with some pretty slick rims. However, here in North America, CUVs are the rage. So any Chrysler version would probably need be jacked up a bit, given some rugged trim, along with the upgraded interior...maybe even AWD...to compete with the likes of the (Chevrolet Sonic based) Buick Encore.

~BG

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 02:57:54 pm »
looks very generic. Insert your front end styling here..

Offline Tincap

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 04:09:15 pm »
looks very generic. Insert your front end styling here..

You're expecting something like this maybe? :D

Seriously though, China and North America are generally conservative markets. Fiat is bleeding money, with Chrysler (actually, Ram and Jeep divisions) being their saving grace. The Dodge Dart hasn't exactly been flying off of the shelves, so Fiat's efforts to broaden the platform would probably not be to risky in terms of investment and style.

~BG

Offline agroal

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 06:13:12 pm »
Chrysler should have never used the "hundred" moniker on anything other than it's flagship sedan. The 300 in the historical letter series cars of the '50's and '60's used to refer to the Hemi's HP. Why dilute a heritage that? Lincoln most definitely does not market five separate models in Canada. Lincoln badge engineers five separate Ford models and sells them to octogenarians in Canada. Lincoln: Think like today's Cadillac.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 08:29:37 am »
Could also fit the bill as a Ford Focus hatch with minor changes.

Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 01:02:49 pm »
but may also get an engine capable of running E85
DIE, ETHANOL [in gasoline], DIE!

As for the 100, who cares.  Ford has turned my perception of them around, Chevy is starting to, but Chrysco has done d!ck-all.  The Dart was a massive flop; I don't expect this to be any better.

As an aside, in Florida, I rented a Chevy Spark.  I only needed it for 1 day to get me from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando.  The car had 7 miles on the Odo when I got in - all the protective plastic was still on.  That 82hp 1.2L inspired nothing, the steering was sh!t, the suspension was horrid, and the rear [laughing while typing] fold-down rear seats don't stay down, but I averaged 48.6MPG over 273miles, being 5.617 gallons used at $3.29/gal = $18.48 to do a nearly 4 hour drive, plus city driving around Orlando.  Outstanding, simply outstanding.  The interior was otherwise nicely appointed, and sightlines were pretty good.

Even the Daewoo-sourced Spark amazed me...right, back to Chrysler...unlike what you did with the Dart, wow me - I dare you.

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 02:10:45 pm »

As for the 100, who cares.  Ford has turned my perception of them around, Chevy is starting to, but Chrysco has done d!ck-all.  The Dart was a massive flop; I don't expect this to be any better.

As an aside, in Florida, I rented a Chevy Spark.  I only needed it for 1 day to get me from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando.  The car had 7 miles on the Odo when I got in - all the protective plastic was still on.  That 82hp 1.2L inspired nothing, the steering was sh!t, the suspension was horrid, and the rear [laughing while typing] fold-down rear seats don't stay down, but I averaged 48.6MPG over 273miles, being 5.617 gallons used at $3.29/gal = $18.48 to do a nearly 4 hour drive, plus city driving around Orlando.  Outstanding, simply outstanding.  The interior was otherwise nicely appointed, and sightlines were pretty good.

Even the Daewoo-sourced Spark amazed me...right, back to Chrysler...unlike what you did with the Dart, wow me - I dare you.

I like the Spark but only for the price and mileage.  The Dart on the other hand could be a good car with a little polish.

If I had to choose a foreign company to base all my small cars on I would much rather choose Fiat then Daewoo.   

Offline MarkStevenson

• Auto Obsessed
  • Editor @ TTAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 02:31:55 pm »

I like the Spark but only for the price and mileage.  The Dart on the other hand could be a good car with a little polish.

If I had to choose a foreign company to base all my small cars on I would much rather choose Fiat then Daewoo.

And I'd rather Daewoo than Fiat. They've made massive strides in recent years.