Author Topic: 2015 Honda Fit Set To Debut In Detroit  (Read 4020 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
2015 Honda Fit Set To Debut In Detroit
« on: December 19, 2013, 08:06:56 am »

Teaser image gives glimpse of new subcompact hatchback

Read More...

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Honda Fit Set To Debut In Detroit
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 09:09:05 pm »
I read it will get a CVT.  Shame they can't see most people don't like them.  Glad I can drive a stick.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 09:12:47 pm »
I read it will get a CVT.  Shame they can't see most people don't like them.  Glad I can drive a stick.

Purely anecdotal, no?

Maybe people who drive sticks don't like CVT I'd guess.  But I'm guessing people who drive autos might not notice the difference with a good CVT.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 09:22:27 pm »

Purely anecdotal, no?

Maybe people who drive sticks don't like CVT I'd guess.  But I'm guessing people who drive autos might not notice the difference with a good CVT.

At best you get back handed compliments about CVTs.... "for a cvt it's not bad" sort of thing.   True people who just view cars as transportation might not notice but everyone I know avoids them.

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: Re: 2015 Honda Fit Set To Debut In Detroit
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 10:08:06 pm »

Purely anecdotal, no?

At best you get back handed compliments about CVTs.... "for a cvt it's not bad" sort of thing.   True people who just view cars as transportation might not notice but everyone I know avoids them.

I don't like Nissan's CVTs (mostly in their 4 cylinder cars), but I've heard nothing but praise and rave reviews about the one in the Accord.  Might not be as bad as we think.  I put full blame on Nissan for people disliking CVTs.  It's too bad theirs is utter :censor:.

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 10:23:21 pm »

Purely anecdotal, no?

I don't like Nissan's CVTs (mostly in their 4 cylinder cars), but I've heard nothing but praise and rave reviews about the one in the Accord.  Might not be as bad as we think.  I put full blame on Nissan for people disliking CVTs.  It's too bad theirs is utter :censor:.

Try the one in the Caliber, Mini or Audi.  My first thought was... this is a joke, right?  I always thought Nissan had one of the better ones (at least when it was hooked to a V6) but a true automatic is better.

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: Re: Re: 2015 Honda Fit Set To Debut In Detroit
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 10:46:33 pm »

Purely anecdotal, no?

Try the one in the Caliber, Mini or Audi.  My first thought was... this is a joke, right?  I always thought Nissan had one of the better ones (at least when it was hooked to a V6) but a true automatic is better.

No doubt, the ones with the V6 are much better than with the 4 cylinders.  I remember hearing that Audi was moving away from them after their dismal performance in the FWD A4s.  And not like there really was anything going for the Caliber.

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 07:05:58 pm »

Purely anecdotal, no?

Here is how a CVT works in the Accord, press the gas, mooooooooooooooooooooooooo  jump in the Altima, press the gas, mooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Honda has not done anything we havent seen yet, nor the Corolla, nor Subaru and I drove them all ;)

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: 2015 Honda Fit Set To Debut In Detroit
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 08:45:52 pm »

Purely anecdotal, no?

Here is how a CVT works in the Accord, press the gas, mooooooooooooooooooooooooo  jump in the Altima, press the gas, mooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Honda has not done anything we havent seen yet, nor the Corolla, nor Subaru and I drove them all ;)

I think you are mistaking cows for cars.  ;D

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 08:58:23 pm »
Haha

An automatic is an automatic is an automatic. Who cares?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 09:06:32 am »

I disagree.  The Honda was much better than the Nissan.  Have not driven the Corolla yet.

But the Nissan was better than the Audi.  The Audi was terrible.

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 09:51:44 am »

I disagree.  The Honda was much better than the Nissan.  Have not driven the Corolla yet.

But the Nissan was better than the Audi.  The Audi was terrible.

Its called agreeing to disagree.