Author Topic: Comparison Test: 2014 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Platinum vs 2014 Audi Q5 TDI Technik  (Read 19459 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
 :rofl: I finally got around to reading this review after I heard something about Jacob submarining a luxury soccer mom suburban assault vehicle and I was not disappointed. Great review, I laughed a lot.....I thought you Aussies were supposed to be good at this offroading thing??
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
:rofl: I finally got around to reading this review after I heard something about Jacob submarining a luxury soccer mom suburban assault vehicle and I was not disappointed. Great review, I laughed a lot.....I thought you Aussies were supposed to be good at this offroading thing??

Most are. I  just ignored all of their advice. Humour resulted.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
I know someone who just bought a Volvo S60 for $3300.  Very nice car.  It's even a manual but sadly not a wagon. Forgot to ask the year.
$3300??

is that a typo??
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
I know someone who just bought a Volvo S60 for $3300.  Very nice car.  It's even a manual but sadly not a wagon. Forgot to ask the year.
$3300??

is that a typo??

Nope.  It's around 10 years old and has about 250K on it.  Well cared for though.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
$3300??

is that a typo??

Nope.  It's around 10 years old and has about 250K on it.  Well cared for though.
sorry, just read it...i thought you said XC60 for $3300.

a couple of coworkers here had some S60s, including an S60R...they were pretty sweet.

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
$3300??

is that a typo??

sorry, just read it...i thought you said XC60 for $3300.

a couple of coworkers here had some S60s, including an S60R...they were pretty sweet.

That would need another zero on the price.  Jacob will have to wait another decade to find an XC60 for $3500.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +256/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
I'm surprised how quickly the XC60 is coming down in price though. A '10 can be had for ~$20k, which is a pretty good deal IMO.

Offline Fakerlind

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 XC60 D4 AWD R-Design
The best of both worlds IMO would be the Volvo with the TDI drive-train out of the Audi...  ;D  But getting back to reality I agree that the Volvo is the nicer of the two vehicles in question.  It has more room, seems more comfortable and is much much better looking which is a nice feature in itself for a vehicle in this premium class.
I will be picking up my XC60 D4 AWD R-Design next week. The D4 is the D5 with a software down tuned. For approx 1000 dollars, you get a new ECU firmware that brings 245 BHP and 520 NM. Really good deal that most people are not aware of. I live in Sweden, and with gas at 2 dollars per litre, the T6 is not really an alternative..   ::)

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
The best of both worlds IMO would be the Volvo with the TDI drive-train out of the Audi...  ;D  But getting back to reality I agree that the Volvo is the nicer of the two vehicles in question.  It has more room, seems more comfortable and is much much better looking which is a nice feature in itself for a vehicle in this premium class.
I will be picking up my XC60 D4 AWD R-Design next week. The D4 is the D5 with a software down tuned. For approx 1000 dollars, you get a new ECU firmware that brings 245 BHP and 520 NM. Really good deal that most people are not aware of. I live in Sweden, and with gas at 2 dollars per litre, the T6 is not really an alternative..   ::)

Congratulations!  That sounds like a nice setup indeed!

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
I live in Sweden, and with gas at 2 dollars per litre, the T6 is not really an alternative..   ::)
welcome to Canada Fakerlind...now stop beating our junior hockey players. ;)

Offline Fakerlind

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
I live in Sweden, and with gas at 2 dollars per litre, the T6 is not really an alternative..   ::)
welcome to Canada Fakerlind...now stop beating our junior hockey players. ;)

Haha, ok! I will tell them  ;D

Offline Fakerlind

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile

Congratulations!  That sounds like a nice setup indeed!

Thanks, I hope so. I can post some pics once I get it. I am really looking forward to the new Sensus Connect. We will see what that will be like...