Author Topic: Holidays are coming....  (Read 2511 times)

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
Re: Holidays are coming....
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2013, 12:12:27 pm »
Why not situate the RIDE PROGRAMMES outside Pubs and Licensed restaurants,as well, and then we can talk..they apparently don't need probable cause to stop U... :light: :banghead: :think: :bang:

About 15 years ago, when I was in the Rotary Club, we had an annual 'sportsman's dinner' fundraiser, big meal, auction, bar, etc.  The second year I was in the club, one of our members was an RCMP Staff Sgt; he said that he was thinking of placing a marked car and uniformed officers outside the door when people were leaving, he was disgusted by the state some people left in, who were planning to drive.  That year, we implemented a plan whereby we had members of the club monitoring those leaving, to make sure they were ok, and even drove a few people home.  We made that announcement several times during the auction, so that people might remember it.  The vast majority of the attendees were people that all knew each other, so it was relatively easy to look after in a small town, but until the one Mountie made the point, none of us had thought much about that aspect.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Re: Holidays are coming....
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2013, 12:54:43 pm »
Why not situate the RIDE PROGRAMMES outside Pubs and Licensed restaurants,as well, and then we can talk..they apparently don't need probable cause to stop U... :light: :banghead: :think: :bang:

About 15 years ago, when I was in the Rotary Club, we had an annual 'sportsman's dinner' fundraiser, big meal, auction, bar, etc.  The second year I was in the club, one of our members was an RCMP Staff Sgt; he said that he was thinking of placing a marked car and uniformed officers outside the door when people were leaving, he was disgusted by the state some people left in, who were planning to drive.  That year, we implemented a plan whereby we had members of the club monitoring those leaving, to make sure they were ok, and even drove a few people home.  We made that announcement several times during the auction, so that people might remember it.  The vast majority of the attendees were people that all knew each other, so it was relatively easy to look after in a small town, but until the one Mountie made the point, none of us had thought much about that aspect.

Small towns are brutal. Where I grew up most people knew who was on duty and what kind of flexibility the officer had. OPP were of duty at 02:00 back in the day so it got interesting.