Author Topic: SPIED: Next Generation Chrysler 200  (Read 15112 times)

Offline Cory X

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-8
    • View Profile
Re: SPIED: Next Generation Chrysler 200
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 06:33:58 pm »
Chrysler has very few things going for it, the Caravan is cheap and does the job well, their heavy duty trucks have a Cummins (a 500,000+engine strapped to a 100,000Km truck), the Grand Cherokee is a great product and is easily as competitive as anything in its class, the Viper, well, its a fecking Viper woot woot  ;D and the Wrangler which is always kind of out in its own category. Chrysler has always been the company that has doen 90% of a vehicle then screwed up the details.....its going to take a long time to get their QA right.

RAM trucks are Canada's most reliable truck !

I know several RAM truck owners and some have 400,000 with the HEMI,dont personally know any Diesel truck owners.Even older models with the 5.2 and 5.9 those are bulletproof reliable.

Your point saying its a 100,000 km truck proves my point about people lying on blogs/forums about Chrysler's reliability and problems..As that was a bold faced lie you told ! So how accurate are those forums /consumer reviews you bragged about,not much truth in them my friend,not at all as you proved my point...

The Challenger/300/Charger those are very solid reliable cars...

The problem with the new Cherokee was a computer problem,they wanted the transmission to shift smoother at top gear(time will tell but not uncommon for any company with a all new product to have issues we will see down the road).

But....its better then mechanical failing Honda and Toyota transmissions from 300 km...I know I am a certified mechanic,worked at a Honda/Toyota dealers for my first 2 decades now work at a Chrysler dealer..and I know first hand the fake bad perception the print media and biased/ignorant bloggers post about Chrysler products being unreliable...

Just wanted to add,Chrysler sells very well in Canada either number 2 or 3 in overall sales (Ford,Chrysler,GM) they are fighting for second place as GM picked up in sales this past year.

Good day,I gotta go... it was fun talking to the uninformed/uneducated so-called car fan,thanks for proving my point about forums,we know they are b.s ...Drive safe !

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 06:35:50 pm »
Chrysler has very few things going for it, the Caravan is cheap and does the job well, their heavy duty trucks have a Cummins (a 500,000+engine strapped to a 100,000Km truck), the Grand Cherokee is a great product and is easily as competitive as anything in its class, the Viper, well, its a fecking Viper woot woot  ;D and the Wrangler which is always kind of out in its own category. Chrysler has always been the company that has doen 90% of a vehicle then screwed up the details.....its going to take a long time to get their QA right.

RAM trucks are Canada's most reliable truck !

I know several RAM truck owners and some have 400,000 with the HEMI,dont personally know any Diesel truck owners.Even older models with the 5.2 and 5.9 those are bulletproof reliable.

Your point saying its a 100,000 km truck proves my point about people lying on blogs/forums about Chrysler's reliability and problems..As that was a bold faced lie you told ! So how accurate are those forums /consumer reviews you bragged about,not much truth in them my friend,not at all as you proved my point...

The Challenger/300/Charger those are very solid reliable cars...

The problem with the new Cherokee was a computer problem,they wanted the transmission to shift smoother at top gear(time will tell but not uncommon for any company with a all new product to have issues we will see down the road).

But....its better then mechanical failing Honda and Toyota transmissions from 300 km...I know I am a certified mechanic,worked at a Honda/Toyota dealers for my first 2 decades now work at a Chrysler dealer..and I know first hand the fake bad perception the print media and biased/ignorant bloggers post about Chrysler products being unreliable...

Just wanted to add,Chrysler sells very well in Canada either number 2 or 3 in overall sales (Ford,Chrysler,GM) they are fighting for second place as GM picked up in sales this past year.

Good day,I gotta go... it was fun talking to the uninformed/uneducated so-called car fan,thanks for proving my point about forums,we know they are b.s ...Drive safe !

::) typical troll, won't answer questions when people call him out on the BS  :stfu:

Offline jamie1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Acura TSX, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited ADI,2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT GT
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 10:13:03 pm »
Is that the same "Cherokee" that has had numerous delays and recalls because of that 9spd??
Hold on there sparky. There have been no recalls on the Cherokee. The delays were so Chrysler could get it right. Not like the old Chrysler,that was just send it out and we'll fix it later.
Enjoying the Alberta advantage

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 11:56:46 pm »
Is that the same "Cherokee" that has had numerous delays and recalls because of that 9spd??
Hold on there sparky. There have been no recalls on the Cherokee. The delays were so Chrysler could get it right. Not like the old Chrysler,that was just send it out and we'll fix it later.

And the problem was a firmware issue, not a mechanical issue. The first 20k produced were held to be re-flashed.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 12:08:54 am »

Ive just heard a lot of problems with their 9spd
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline WRX_Pilot

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +18/-60
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '15 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 09:03:17 am »
It does look good. However, it's drenched in Chrysler junk juices.

The Chrysler's I have owned are reliable,much more then Asian brands that are overrated !

::) Overrated by whom?? Owners, Consumer Reports, person experiences and forums will tell you that Chrysler isnt exactly the most reliable brand.

Look at Toyota's cover-up with random excelleration.(it is and still is a problem they said its mechanical).Lexus engines fail when new,rusted Truck frames on Tacoma,transmission,engine failures across Toyota's line-up and Consumers continues to praise them..Toyota is far the worst company..

Furthermore,people complain on forums and if you read the complaints most are false,and most you can tell are fake as alot of vital information is wrong/doesnt exist.People get off by making bogus complains,most are done by the same person with multiple names/posts.

Chrysler has the most verified cars with over 1,000,000 miles in the U.S,so that to me sounds like they are reliable,not a toaster testing bised publication.

The way Consumers gets its information is not really accurate,its only by subscribers so you could have 5 Chrysler subscribers and 4 who complained but have 20000 Toyota owners and 7000 complained,so right there it looks like Chrysler is worse by the percentage .Most Chrysler owners dont say anything when their car is good,unlike other brands who brag non stop,even if its a lemon they brag how good it is..

Wow look at the facts flowing out of this guy!  We have all just been ejumacated...

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 09:49:55 am »

The new Cherokee has not had any recalls.

Offline fixer

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +11/-234
    • View Profile
  • Cars: gm
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 09:54:19 am »
It does look good. However, it's drenched in Chrysler junk juices.

The Chrysler's I have owned are reliable,much more then Asian brands that are overrated !

::) Overrated by whom?? Owners, Consumer Reports, person experiences and forums will tell you that Chrysler isnt exactly the most reliable brand.

Look at Toyota's cover-up with random excelleration.(it is and still is a problem they said its mechanical).Lexus engines fail when new,rusted Truck frames on Tacoma,transmission,engine failures across Toyota's line-up and Consumers continues to praise them..Toyota is far the worst company..

Furthermore,people complain on forums and if you read the complaints most are false,and most you can tell are fake as alot of vital information is wrong/doesnt exist.People get off by making bogus complains,most are done by the same person with multiple names/posts.

Chrysler has the most verified cars with over 1,000,000 miles in the U.S,so that to me sounds like they are reliable,not a toaster testing bised publication.

The way Consumers gets its information is not really accurate,its only by subscribers so you could have 5 Chrysler subscribers and 4 who complained but have 20000 Toyota owners and 7000 complained,so right there it looks like Chrysler is worse by the percentage .Most Chrysler owners dont say anything when their car is good,unlike other brands who brag non stop,even if its a lemon they brag how good it is..

Links please to the supporting evidence or STFU  :popo:

wow. Everyone who isn't on the snowman or Toyota bandwagon STFU ::). LOL.

Offline fixer

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2013, 09:56:38 am »
I'd buy it. Have had a couple newer Chrysler/Dodge vehicles and have not had any problems. Don't give a rat's @ss what consumer reports says. I'll buy what I want and leave CR to the sheep. :rofl:

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2013, 09:59:51 am »
 ::) Its that time of year when the trolls come out. Keep it up, you will be gone shortly  :)

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2013, 10:23:51 am »
::) Its that time of year when the trolls come out. Keep it up, you will be gone shortly  :)

Yep, elf's goon bad !!! Clearly a forum creeper.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline fixer

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2013, 11:29:28 am »
It's unfortunate you think that.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 12:33:52 pm »
I'd buy it. Have had a couple newer Chrysler/Dodge vehicles and have not had any problems. Don't give a rat's @ss what consumer reports says. I'll buy what I want and leave CR to the sheep. :rofl:

Yes, Chryslers reliability is just a huge government/CR/forum conspiracy to keep them down......its all the doing of the "man"...man.  :foil: :foil:  ;D

Offline fixer

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2013, 01:53:27 pm »

Yes, Chryslers reliability is just a huge government/CR/forum conspiracy to keep them down......its all the doing of the "man"...man.  :foil: :foil:  ;D

Ah yes. perhaps I should just make up problems so I can fall in line with what everyone else thinks.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2013, 02:06:43 pm »

Ah yes. perhaps I should just make up problems so I can fall in line with what everyone else thinks.

Make up problems....ok, Ill stick to the trucks because I know them well. The Cummins engine burning out its number 6 cylinder because of fuel starvation in periods of extended idle, turbos eating themselves, the DPF system getting hot enough to catch bedliners and box contents on fire.  The trucks having horrible death wobble that the company or dealerships will not even acknowledge.  Dash cracking. Transmission failures when at 50% towing capacity on the HD Hemi trucks. I did not make these up, these are common issues with their trucks.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2013, 05:06:24 pm »
i don't know about common... a few guys might have had those issues but common seems a bit drastic for what might account for .1% of vehicles.

those guys are pretty trolly, so don't lump me in there with them, but i do think chrysler's rep is worse than their cars are currently. don't get me wrong, they have made some crap in the past, but every car they make now, i can give you a reason to buy it. doesn't mean it will make you rush out and pick one up, but they all are valid purchases for the right customers.

1500, cherokee, grand cherokee, 300, charger, journey, grand caravan, wrangler, durango... all good vehicles that can stand on their own with regards to reliability, style, functionality, price, etc.

patriot, compass, challenger... not very competitive in my mind.

200, avenger... as a car, not that competitive, but as a price point, very much so.

dart... solid car, needs some work on packaging and pricing to be competitive.

they are doing better now than they have in years... at least in quality of product they are putting out. hopefully it returns them some sales.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 05:11:35 pm »
No worries scoops, you are not trolly.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2013, 05:17:18 pm »

200, avenger... as a car, not that competitive, but as a price point, very much so.

Translation:  It's a POS, but if you don't have the money to buy any other car in the world, this is a great car!
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2013, 05:20:09 pm »

Translation:  It's a POS, but if you don't have the money to buy any other car in the world, this is a great car!

POS....I wouldnt go that far, I wouldnt buy one, but for under $20K you get a hell of a lot of car....I wouldnt wish it on anyone but as A-B transportation, it would do for some.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2013, 05:30:39 pm »

POS....I wouldnt go that far, I wouldnt buy one, but for under $20K you get a hell of a lot of car....I wouldnt wish it on anyone but as A-B transportation, it would do for some.

If you wouldn't wish it on anyone...that's pretty much my definition of a POS.