Author Topic: SPIED: Next Generation Chrysler 200  (Read 15105 times)

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
Re: SPIED: Next Generation Chrysler 200
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2013, 07:40:13 pm »
Cripes give me  a break. This car is not out yet"next generation chrysler 200" :'(
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline fixer

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +11/-234
    • View Profile
  • Cars: gm
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2013, 07:28:01 am »
Yeah, Toyota had recalls....so did flawless Chrysler

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/chrysler-recalls-1-2m-ram-trucks-after-crashes-injuries-1.2421021

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/chrysler-agrees-to-recall-2-9-million-jeep-suvs-in-u-s-canada-1.1302382

Whats your point?? A window switch is really a non issue compared to tie rods and a fuel tank.....
Toyota, go big or go home. I like how you conveniently ignored the faulty steering.
http://wot.motortrend.com/pages/sso/sso_login.aspx?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwot.motortrend.com%2F1312_toyota_starting_settlement_talks_for_sudden_acceleration_cases.html&code=nshba4d9dc3n9f

and I guess the faulty acceleration case goes on and on....

That's my point.I'll stop now. It's probably too late though because I'm sure I will be labeled a Mopar slappie even though that couldn't be farther from the truth. :'(

Offline Thinking Out Loud

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-16
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '16 Suzuki M50 Boulevard + '19 Frontier Pro4X + 2015 Mustang EcoBoost 'vert + '09 Altima SL Coupe
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2013, 08:25:52 am »
On the transmission piece, I was recently in Fort Lauderdale and rented a loaded Town and Country (~33,000 miles) and later a Caravan R/T, (~1,000 miles) both 2013's and had the six speed automatic.

The Pentastar was amazing (three adults two kids and 12 days worth of luggage) but the tranny definitely needed a reflash - they were both hard shifting. 
Fortune favours the bold!

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: Re: SPIED: Next Generation Chrysler 200
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2013, 09:02:38 am »
On the transmission piece, I was recently in Fort Lauderdale and rented a loaded Town and Country (~33,000 miles) and later a Caravan R/T, (~1,000 miles) both 2013's and had the six speed automatic.

The Pentastar was amazing (three adults two kids and 12 days worth of luggage) but the tranny definitely needed a reflash - they were both hard shifting.

I found the same thing in the Grand Caravan.  However, turning off the eco mode helped.

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2013, 09:15:30 am »
damn it... damn it all to hell! i'm returning your gift.

i think you are right blotter. cars are good enough that the owner, or sometimes just luck of the draw is enough to make one car great and another shite.

I think it's more than that.

There's a reason certain brands score at the bottom of the reliability testing year in year out.  Can't just be luck of the draw.

to a certainl extent, but I do think "reliability testing" has become a crapshoot.
they include stuff that really isn't part of the reliability equation. 
While I've never followed the Chrysler group of vehicles (I won't comment) Ford is my favorite example being slammed by CR because of the media interface, which has nothing to do with realiability.

It does but I do think most would agree it was total BS or at least over blown.
Just because Toyota is settling some cases doesn't mean they're guilty.  Many cases have been thrown out and I think Toyota got to a point where it was 'just pay them off and move on'
There's a big jump in recalls from Toyota after all that because they decided to just about recall anything that was a problem to show they're on top of things.

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: Re: SPIED: Next Generation Chrysler 200
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2013, 09:55:10 am »
damn it... damn it all to hell! i'm returning your gift.

i think you are right blotter. cars are good enough that the owner, or sometimes just luck of the draw is enough to make one car great and another shite.

There's a reason certain brands score at the bottom of the reliability testing year in year out.  Can't just be luck of the draw.

to a certainl extent, but I do think "reliability testing" has become a crapshoot.
they include stuff that really isn't part of the reliability equation. 
While I've never followed the Chrysler group of vehicles (I won't comment) Ford is my favorite example being slammed by CR because of the media interface, which has nothing to do with realiability.

It does but I do think most would agree it was total BS or at least over blown.
Just because Toyota is settling some cases doesn't mean they're guilty.  Many cases have been thrown out and I think Toyota got to a point where it was 'just pay them off and move on'
There's a big jump in recalls from Toyota after all that because they decided to just about recall anything that was a problem to show they're on top of things.

Yup.  Sometimes it's cheaper to settle rather than fighting in court where only the lawyers make the money in the end.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2013, 01:22:41 pm »

yeah, i don't mean to say all cars are created equal... just saying that the discrepancy between competitive vehicles is getting to a point where one car isn't guaranteed to last longer than another anymore. it used to be a corolla beaten to crap would still outlast a stratus well cared for... i feel like that would no longer be true.

some brands have dropped in quality to keep costs in line, others have increased quality to help their image and sales. seems to be getting closer to balancing. good thing for buyers i find... and good for people who take care of their cars.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2013, 01:56:30 pm »
^^^^
that's pretty much what I meant as well.