Author Topic: Preview: Subaru Legacy Concept  (Read 6654 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Preview: Subaru Legacy Concept
« on: November 29, 2013, 06:25:10 am »

The Subaru Legacy Concept stole the show with its sleek design and promise of a new design direction for a beloved underdog brand.

Read More...

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
Re: Preview: Subaru Legacy Concept
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 06:45:49 am »
I just wish they'd bring back a Legacy wagon....or at least redesign the Outback so it moves back closer to being more of a moderately raised AWD wagon and less of a CUV wannabe.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 07:50:08 am »
Seems Mazda 6-ish at the front end, but with more girth through the middle.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 08:17:50 am »
Know Subaru will get nothing like the concept  :P I now see where the concept WRX headlight ended up.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 08:59:45 am »
I don't care about exterior styling - but I hope Subaru can update its interiors with a bit of style and top notch materials and comforts.

The HUD, touch-screen (non-mousey) interface, and cockpit-style all resonate well with me.

Offline Spheric

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +8/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 09:33:35 am »
Looks good, though the front and rear styling resemble the Ford Taurus and Nissan Maxima respectively.

Hope this sees production without too many design changes.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 10:31:23 am »
Know Subaru will get nothing like the concept  :P I now see where the concept WRX headlight ended up.

Sigh...unfortunately....  :iagree:
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 10:51:50 am »
Bold is good, but in which manner. We all remember Subaru's cleft lip grill failure.

I like most wonder how much of this design will actually make it to production. Subaru has an opportunity here to bring this car to the next level, showcase Subaru and highlight their talent to the greater masses.

My only question is "what the hell is that on the center stack ?" That is one ugly shifter (missing knob?), hope that fails to meet production.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 11:05:44 am by redman »
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 11:25:36 am »
Bold is good, but in which manner. We all remember Subaru's cleft lip grill failure.

I like most wonder how much of this design will actually make it to production. Subaru has an opportunity here to bring this car to the next level, showcase Subaru and highlight their talent to the greater masses.

My only question is "what the hell is that on the center stack ?" That is one ugly shifter (missing knob?), hope that fails to meet production.

That interior is garish and ugly.  Looks like Subaru is still an "engineering" company ::)

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 11:56:51 am »
So does anyone recall the Subaru Impreza concept http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/subaru-impreza-concept-subaru-impreza-news  >:(

Big hopes and aspirations that unfortunately equated to what autos.ca calls "polarizing" ...agreed. Sadly this was a decent and marketable looking concept that never came to fruition.

Offline dasiuyan

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 12:54:58 pm »
So does anyone recall the Subaru Impreza concept http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/subaru-impreza-concept-subaru-impreza-news  >:(

Big hopes and aspirations that unfortunately equated to what autos.ca calls "polarizing" ...agreed. Sadly this was a decent and marketable looking concept that never came to fruition.

IMO, the Impreza concept is one of the Subaru closer look to production model... Current gen Legacy and new WRX are worse...

Offline WRX_Pilot

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +18/-60
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '15 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 01:18:03 pm »
I hope they shrink the grille a bit.. Don't let the Koreans convince you to put a whale shark mouth on it Subaru!

Offline Ace

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +11/-61
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 14' Hyundai Santa Fe Sport , 06' Nissan XTrail
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 10:22:08 am »
IMO the best looking Legacy was the 2005-7 GT wagon . If Subaru is going to copy the Korean brothers, they should pick the euro look Kia. I don't think Subie types are into the futuristic styling so much.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 10:56:41 am by Ace »

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 10:40:27 am »

That interior is garish and ugly.  Looks like Subaru is still an "engineering" company ::)

Not so sure about that statement. I am no expert in "high fashion" but to me that interior looks like something that would appeal to people who like tiny purses and small dogs.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Northernridge

Preview: Subaru Legacy Concept
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 11:04:28 am »
I agree that the interior is a miss that never really had a swing. Hard to think of anything nice to say about it...I guess it's not really ugly...just insignificant and not memorable in any way. Head-shaker too being in a concept of Subaru's ailing flagship sedan.

Possible conclusion? Subaru remains disinterested in interior design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Now free...and worth it.

Offline ods

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 01 outback 09 forester 94 honda accord 78 volvo 245 72 volvo 144 mazda wagon 69 ford econoline 63 studebaker lark 60 morris minor
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 10:57:39 am »
I too wish they would bring back the Legacy wagon, especially a raised version as my '01 Outback.  Subaru advertises to paddlers and skiers but the new Outback cannot drive under a standard garage door height with a canoe or large cargo box on top.  Rather than the roof rail system on the present Outback, having roof rails as long and as far apart as possible would be much better for carrying canoes.  We like our Subarus but the above shortcomings make us look toward Audi All Road or Volvo XC 70.  Many manufacturers are still making wagons, why has Subaru abandoned a market that was previously so good for them, at least in Canada?

Also, I don't like the present movement to large fronts and grills on cars.  I wish they would leave that to Ram trucks.

Northernridge

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 11:02:47 am »
I too wish they would bring back the Legacy wagon, especially a raised version as my '01 Outback.  Subaru advertises to paddlers and skiers but the new Outback cannot drive under a standard garage door height with a canoe or large cargo box on top.  Rather than the roof rail system on the present Outback, having roof rails as long and as far apart as possible would be much better for carrying canoes.  We like our Subarus but the above shortcomings make us look toward Audi All Road or Volvo XC 70.  Many manufacturers are still making wagons, why has Subaru abandoned a market that was previously so good for them, at least in Canada?

Also, I don't like the present movement to large fronts and grills on cars.  I wish they would leave that to Ram trucks.

Welcome…and I see you've owned a couple Volvos from the good old days…Boxy, but good.