Author Topic: Burnt out lights: Poor Quality Indication?  (Read 4449 times)

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
Re: Burnt out lights: Poor Quality Indication?
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 09:53:20 pm »
Anytime I’ve seen a new car driving around with a burnt out headlight or tail light it’s made me question the quality and future reliability of that make.

That would now apply to ALL makes.

There was a time when I used to say, "there goes a VW or a BMW", but I see burned out bulbs and quite often on Asian and domestic cars.
What you won't find in my car is a coffee, cigarette and a cell phone. What you will find is a driver; imagine that, a driver in a vehicle. What an effing concept!
A car has to do more than just perform; it has to stir your soul!
A true driver's car does not have cup holders.

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 09:55:17 pm »
Our lax laws do not require us to have a "bulb kit" on board as is the case in many countries.

Its why you'll see the same car with the same burned out bulb for weeks.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 12:24:09 am »
I pulled up beside a Chevy Uplander earlier today and told the driver he had no brake lights (CHMSL was the only brake light working).  He thanked me.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2013, 06:42:44 am »
I've recently seen a brand new Fiat and Grand Cherokee with a burnt out headlight.

They didn't have their blinkers on did they?

Was going to say the exact same

Have not changed a headlight bulb since my 00 Focus.  The Echo would burn tailight bulbs for some reason.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 06:46:12 am by Versa1.1 »

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2013, 11:36:41 am »
"Check Indicator Lamps" warning came on in the dash of the Cayenne yesterday, front right flasher bulb is out.  Doesn't look like it's the easiest thing to change and I don't have a spare yet.  I'll look at it on Monday I guess as I'm working all weekend.
Mr Pickypants

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 05:17:48 pm »
"Check Indicator Lamps" warning came on in the dash of the Cayenne yesterday, front right flasher bulb is out.  Doesn't look like it's the easiest thing to change and I don't have a spare yet.  I'll look at it on Monday I guess as I'm working all weekend.

Fixed itself the next day, guess it didn't like the -20C morning.