Author Topic: LA Auto Show: Honda Enhances 2014 Civic With New CVT, Increased Power, Safety Equipment  (Read 6526 times)

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
I remember the old days when Honda and Toyota were the top of the market in compact cars.  Now they are also rans that sell to people who buy for the name and don't test drive anything else.

The Mazda3, Cruze, Focus, the Korean twins and even the Dart rate higher on my shopping list now.

::)  ::) Also rans  ??? The Civic and Corolla are both in the top 3 in Canadian Auto sales.

And Walmart and Target are two of the top retail stores. Doesn't mean they are where you go when you want the best clothes, electronics and food. 

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
I remember the old days when Honda and Toyota were the top of the market in compact cars.  Now they are also rans that sell to people who buy for the name and don't test drive anything else.

The Mazda3, Cruze, Focus, the Korean twins and even the Dart rate higher on my shopping list now.

::)  ::) Also rans  ??? The Civic and Corolla are both in the top 3 in Canadian Auto sales.

And Walmart and Target are two of the top retail stores. Doesn't mean they are where you go when you want the best clothes, electronics and food.

I wouldnt call the Corolla or Civic Walmart or Target, thats reserved for the Dart. You get more room, more features....it just feels cheaper and you know it isnt going to last long. The Focus and Mazda 3 would be my picks, but the Corolla/Civic arent exactly non-starters......
Lighten up Francis.....