Author Topic: Preview: Ford Edge Concept  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Preview: Ford Edge Concept
« on: November 21, 2013, 06:24:45 am »

The Ford Edge Concept is a subtle reworking of this popular design with a focus on details and a premium interior, with advanced technology that will enhance its appeal.

Read More...

Offline Minou

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +11/-26
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Mazda 3 GS, 2016 Ford Edge SEL, 2016 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
Re: Preview: Ford Edge Concept
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 10:08:31 am »
I hope the frameless door glass don't make it to production.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 10:38:46 am »
I hope the frameless door glass don't make it to production.

Subaru dropped frameless door glass after there collaboration with Saab. Saab convinced Subaru that frameless door glass compromised safety.....oh those Swedes. 

I hope Ford tones down the interior LED's. It's like being in a vehicle in the movie Tron.

Out of topic, don't like Ford's latest radio ads regarding the Ecoboost with statements like "I barely notice fuel consumption" or the likes of. I find that very deceiving compared to real world reports regarding Ecoboost usage.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Northernridge

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 10:59:18 am »
That front end is looking Santa Fe-ish. I have a secret soft spot for the Edge after renting them several times…I feel shame.  :-\

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 11:07:18 am »

The Ford Edge Concept is a subtle reworking of this popular design with a focus on details and a premium interior, with advanced technology that will enhance its appeal.

Consumer Reports just crapped their pants.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 11:49:02 am »
My car has that interior 'ambient lighting'  but in a dull orange. It can be turned off but is on all the time by default. I thought I'd dislike it at night but, no, it is just fine.   Would NOT want it in Tron blue tho'
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Northernridge

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 11:52:37 am »
My car has that interior 'ambient lighting'  but in a dull orange. It can be turned off but is on all the time by default. I thought I'd dislike it at night but, no, it is just fine.   Would NOT want it in Tron blue tho'

One rental Edge I had came with the changeable coloured ambient light thing. I wish I could change the colour of the ambient light in the Berlin taxi based on my mood.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 01:04:15 pm »
I've had those lights in the Focus and Fiesta.  I REALLY like them, but do find the Tron blue to be a bit too bright.  I usually left it on the green or, if my lady was in the car, pink.  Still, as long as they're properly placed (not distracting to the driver), I wish they were in every car - makes me a much more calm driver.

The MyFord Touch interface looks further out (so not impossible to reach the bottom left corner), but now I wonder if it'll suffer from glare.  It's an intriguing concept.

Seriously?!  This parking assist is going to be trouble.  1) if it fails, then liability is 100% on Ford since the driver won't even be in the car, and 2) if the spot is so tight that you can't get out, then for f^cks sake, don't put your car in that spot!  Find a better one and get some exercise.

I don't mind redesigns that are evolutionary rather than revolutionary.  When things are done from scratch, we tend to lose the things we love about the previous generation.  Case in point - Blackberry.