Author Topic: 2015 Subaru WRX Leaked Before LA; Legacy Concept Revealed  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
2015 Subaru WRX Leaked Before LA; Legacy Concept Revealed
« on: November 15, 2013, 10:05:56 am »

New WRX will get CVT transmission option, mild power bump

Read More...

Offline MR2Pritch

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +30/-45
    • View Profile
  • Cars: I-Mark, 240sx, MR2 GTS
Re: 2015 Subaru WRX Leaked Before LA; Legacy Concept Revealed
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 11:11:34 am »
A CVT?!?!?

I'll take three pedals, thanks. Looks sharp. Was hoping for more power. I'll stick with an 08 STI and a bottle of NOS for winter thrills.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 11:14:25 am »
A CVT?!?!?

I'll take three pedals, thanks. Looks sharp. Was hoping for more power. I'll stick with an 08 STI and a bottle of NOS for winter thrills.

Yeah, CVT on a WRX.....

Lighten up Francis.....

Northernridge

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 11:25:54 am »
Cool. Subaru made a Kia.

Offline greengs

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +26/-57
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 BRZ
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 11:53:12 am »
The CVT in the Forester XT is getting high praise.  I would prefer the DSG type transmission in the WRX but who knows maybe the CVT might work.  They obviously think it will be better than the current conventional automatic they have in the STI (japan)

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 04:47:35 pm »
Seriously? All you guys have to complain about is the CVT?! It's an option - if you want to row your WRX, you still can.

I'm more off put but the minuscule power bump at the expense of low-end power...just like the FA20 in the Forester. i'm not so impressed by it.

Actually, what bugs me the most is that they'd drop the 5-door! That was one of the best family vehicles ever (aSsuming there's a tradeoff for fun car). Now it looks childish with that plain, conservative body. I just don't get it - the concept unveiled last year was beautiful - why couldn't that make it to production?!?!

This thing better have some major upgrades for interior appointment and ride comfort to make any sense whatsoever.

Offline WRX_Pilot

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +18/-60
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '15 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 05:35:00 am »
Yea, I'm not so concerned about the CVT, who cares as long as the stick is available in all trims.  Especially when the XT one is highly rated so far.  I bet we'll see a hatch eventually, didn't they play this game before?

Also pleased with the power. Why does it have to creep up and up every year?  That's how you end up with regular Mustang GTs with stupid horsepower figures...

I'm just glad they played smart with the styling and didn't plaster on a whale-sharks mouth... Looks like the Legacy is a casualty though... RIP

Offline Nuttygent

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +7/-20
  • Every man dies...but not every man lives
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Forte5 SX
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 01:15:57 pm »
  No hatch, what a shame, I've been waiting the last 2 years for this and will have to look elsewhere.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 11:45:34 am »
Let me put it this way...priced right, with a CVT, and a more well-rounded car, then it does sound indeed perfect.  Still, if the ride is still stiff and no hatch for versatility, and it's priced too far north of the CLA/A3, I'm wondering if it'd make any sense for a young professional (a potential target, myself included).

If I can lease one of these (WRX Limited) for the same $35k it currently goes for, then I'd highly consider it - standard AWD, decent fuel economy, good power, and Limited model niceties...I'd take it and let the missus have the Forester.