Author Topic: Lincoln Drops Details On 2015 MKC Compact Utility  (Read 6646 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Lincoln Drops Details On 2015 MKC Compact Utility
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 02:11:53 pm »
Like I said in another thread about this brand... 

"Lincoln?...they still build Lincolns?  ;D

Yeah, but if you buy one you can be assured you won't have to sit with the Fiesta plebes as you while away the hours waiting for "service"....  ;)

Do they have a sealed lounge with filtered air and wheatgrass shots for the Lincoln owners somewhere on the property?? God forbid you breathe the same air or touch the same toilet seat as the Ford proletariat....
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 02:16:32 pm »
Like I said in another thread about this brand... 

"Lincoln?...they still build Lincolns?  ;D

Yeah, but if you buy one you can be assured you won't have to sit with the Fiesta plebes as you while away the hours waiting for "service"....  ;)

Do they have a sealed lounge with filtered air and wheatgrass shots for the Lincoln owners somewhere on the property?? God forbid you breathe the same air or touch the same toilet seat as the Ford proletariat....

No, but i think they have a special booth reserved to remove the "dirt-water".... :rofl2:

Offline mnztr

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: SAAB 9-5 Mazda MX-5 Ducati MNZTR
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 10:24:12 pm »
UG..lllllley

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 09:30:33 am »
AS FOR THE MKC...

I think this is aimed squarely at the Evoque - they best be careful with pricing - I can't imagine a single person who would opt for a Lincoln over an Evoque if they were within the same ballpark.

With that being said, I really don't like these high belt-line cars (hence why I drive a Forester).

The new engine should actually return decent fuel economy, assuming the MKC doesn't weigh in at 4000lbs.  The (slightly more) extra displacement will remove the necessity to rely on boost all the time.  I think that engine will be a beaut.

The features list does sound intriguing, except for the button 'shifter.'

If this starts at $29,900 and stays under $45k loaded, it will be a player.  If it starts higher, I can't see its intrigue...at all.  Hmm...Sounds like it'll have to be priced like the Escape - guess that won't happen  :rofl:

Seriously, though, for $34k with the 2.0L, AWD, and decent mid-range options, I'd probably consider it...

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 09:47:44 am »
AS FOR THE MKC...

I think this is aimed squarely at the Evoque - they best be careful with pricing - I can't imagine a single person who would opt for a Lincoln over an Evoque if they were within the same ballpark.

With that being said, I really don't like these high belt-line cars (hence why I drive a Forester).

The new engine should actually return decent fuel economy, assuming the MKC doesn't weigh in at 4000lbs.  The (slightly more) extra displacement will remove the necessity to rely on boost all the time.  I think that engine will be a beaut.

The features list does sound intriguing, except for the button 'shifter.'

If this starts at $29,900 and stays under $45k loaded, it will be a player.  If it starts higher, I can't see its intrigue...at all.  Hmm...Sounds like it'll have to be priced like the Escape - guess that won't happen  :rofl:

Seriously, though, for $34k with the 2.0L, AWD, and decent mid-range options, I'd probably consider it...

:thumbup: Certainly a nice greenhouse there for sure!

Offline BradT

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +4/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 10:33:01 am »
I kind of like it.  The rear looks very Q5-like the way the hatch is shaped.