Author Topic: Innocent woman unjustly accused of drunk driving, can you help?  (Read 3083 times)

Offline Scarecrow

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +41/-17
  • Cars on the brain
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mazda6, Mazda MX-5 Miata (sold), Shelby 427S/C Cobra, Triumph Tiger 750
Innocent woman unjustly accused of drunk driving, can you help?
« on: November 10, 2013, 09:11:43 am »
I belong to another forum that specializes in questions about the Ontario Highway Traffic Act, and last night some total pr!ck posted the most outrageous story I've ever seen on a thread entitled "Lied to police and insurance concerning accident?"

I've copy-pasted his entire statements below, in case at some point he decides to delete his original thread on the other forum (found here: http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/topic5664.html).

If by some wild stroke of luck any of you happen to know the poor woman who was unjustly accused, please tell her about this thread.  If you happen to know where this incident took place, please notify the local police.

This story has got my blood boiling this morning.

###

Quote from: ssadab
Ok so I was driving hope at night and this young girl parked her tinfoil car at the side of the road somewhere near a club.

I didn't see it and the street lamp was busted and hit its side. The wheel was turned luckily. The chick comes near the car after a while and she's totally drunk.

When the cops come I say she was pulling out and I hit her. She disagreed and said her sister was coming to drive her then started talking nonsense, and when the cops explained she hit me she accepted and was like OMG really and eventually agreed. She got arrested and taken away. Her sister then arrives and says she was supposed to drive. Cops tell her that the her sister had driven and crashed and hence got arrested. Sister starts being emotional and starts crying and says she doesn't believe and cops had to calm her down.

What happens if they know I'm lying, I don't think there are cameras. Would she get a criminal record for just pulling out of parking drunk or just a fine? It was a small accident. Cops said her car engine was warm so my story must have been correct.

I know this sounds a bit bad of me but the fact that she came to the car means she would have driven drunk anyway and I just took the opportunity so that my insurance doesn't go up.

I don't think I did the right thing now but its too late to change my statement now.

She supposedly had no previous record according to her sister. Apart from license suspension can this affect her life? Can they prosecute this or will her charges eventually get dropped?

I think she has to pay me now as insurance does not cover drunk drivers. But I'll not take her money as I can fix it myself and damage isn't much.

Quote from: ssadab
Yes, for how long? Is there any way I could get her out of trouble and not get into trouble myself for doing so?
"Anyone who drives faster than you is a Maniac,
and anyone who drives slower is an Idiot." - George Carlin

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
Re: Innocent woman unjustly accused of drunk driving, can you help?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 09:18:24 am »

Go screenshot that page immediately, and do the right thing and send it to the po po. They can dig.

The admins of that forum should also be able to track down the IP of where he posted. Should not be too hard to sort out.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:20:10 am by mmret »
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 09:37:57 am »

Go screenshot that page immediately, and do the right thing and send it to the po po. They can dig.

The admins of that forum should also be able to track down the IP of where he posted. Should not be too hard to sort out.

Problem may be..........What PD to send it to? (No way of knowing where this took place)
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Scarecrow

• Auto Obsessed
  • Cars on the brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 09:46:36 am »
I have PDFed the thread and would be happy to send it to the police, but would need to know which force to address it to.

There are some cops on that forum, so hopefully one of them will know what to do with this info.

I've PMed one of the guys I think might be a cop to see what he suggests doing.

I can't believe that this f**cking pr!ck (ssadab) keeps trying to pin blame on this innocent woman.  He's scared, I get that, but the selfish pr!ck would rather see her burn than see himself in trouble when in fact he has falsely accused her.  WTF!!!

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 10:09:06 am »
I can't believe that this f**cking pr!ck (ssadab) keeps trying to pin blame on this innocent woman.  He's scared, I get that, but the selfish pr!ck would rather see her burn than see himself in trouble when in fact he has falsely accused her.  WTF!!!

Its not surprising that, when trapped and desperate, people will do morally objectionable things. It's human nature - it's universal.

Maybe PM one of the admins too to get an idea of where the post was made from.

EDIT: the issue here is that he has turned what would be a fairly minor incident that might have even been resolved well enough without involving police or insurance has now degenerated into something much worse. Bottom line someone is really going to suffer here. Either she will get hit with a DUI accident or he will get hit with something much worse than an honest fender bender (obstruction of justice?).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:15:04 am by mmret »

Offline normancw

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +125/-132
    • View Profile
Innocent woman unjustly accused of drunk driving, can you help?
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 10:28:15 am »
The forum admin should be able to get the IP address used to make the post and look up the ISP and location.  The poster might have other posts which gives clues as to their location.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:30:08 am by normancw »
Don't fight it.  The sooner you get it the better.
― rrocket

Offline Scarecrow

• Auto Obsessed
  • Cars on the brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 11:42:15 am »
I've reported it to the forum administrators and the OPP.  Hopefully someone can track down this person and prevent the poor woman from being further victimized.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-403
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 11:46:52 am »
Holy cannoli...  :o
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 11:52:06 am »
I've reported it to the forum administrators and the OPP.  Hopefully someone can track down this person and prevent the poor woman from being further victimized.

You did good. Hopefully it will be easy to link "S Sadab" to the accident in question. I hope he was dumb enough to use his real name.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 04:58:28 pm »
You did good. Hopefully it will be easy to link "S Sadab" to the accident in question. I hope he was dumb enough to use his real name.

To me it looks like "Badass" spelled backward.  Should have called himself Gabehcuod.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 05:20:58 pm »
I'd expect the cops can find this guy (If they take it seriously)  OTOH....maybe he's just a troll looking to stir things up on that forum?

Offline Scarecrow

• Auto Obsessed
  • Cars on the brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 06:01:26 pm »
If he's a troll then the story is fictitious which would be better than if he's for real.

Badass backwards, eh?  I think you might on to something, Brigitte.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 06:22:10 pm »

To me it looks like "Badass" spelled backward.  Should have called himself Gabehcuod.

Bahahahah. Ok might be a troll.

On another note. How many of us pictured a dude "middle eastern in appearance" after the first letter was split from the rest of it. Be honest :P

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-403
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 08:40:41 pm »

On another note. How many of us pictured a dude "middle eastern in appearance" after the first letter was split from the rest of it. Be honest :P

;D

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 08:47:55 pm »
The "story" is FAKE.     Stand down.  :)

Offline RS4Dalf

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-4
  • ...the RS4 is perfectly hewn & crushingly capable.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Audi RS4
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 01:05:12 am »
I don't think there was anything to worry about. The forum is run by members of several police forces. Many other members are cops or lawyers too.

Very informative site but not the place to admit to anything illegal - it'd be a bit slower than going straight to a police detachment.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 01:07:18 am by G35Dalf »
I'm like a slinky... I'm only fun when you push me down the stairs.