Author Topic: Renault-Nissan Alliance And Mitsubishi Motors To Explore Partnership Opportunities  (Read 4941 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

New partnership would see Mitsubishi selling Renault-based C- and D-segment sedans

Read More...

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +417/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
There's a trifecta for you........three of the least desirable cars brands lining up in an alliance of mediocrity.  ;D
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
"...., it is firstly expected that two new sedan models would be launched under the Mitsubishi brand" I don't know if the Renault-Nissan group are aware that the Mitsu brand was late to market in Canada and does not carry much weight with consumers here. This seems like the wrong approach for Ren-Niss to take and I agree it cries of desperation.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-233
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
I have a feeling that Mitsu's the desperate partner here. The SM7 would fill the void left by the Galant nicely, while the past-its-due-date Lancer will be eclipsed (pun intended) by the C-segment car.  Being from Renault-Samsung, the cars would not be carbon copies of the Altima / Sentra, even though some dirty bits may be shared. The Galant shared elements with Avenger / Sebring and it did not show (unlike, say, the GC-"derived" Routan at VW).
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Northernridge

There's a trifecta for you........three of the least desirable cars brands lining up in an alliance of mediocrity.  ;D

Now, if they could only recruit Suzuki...

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Lol.  Nissan/Renault has a partnership with Mercedes Benz already - for engines, transmissions and platforms.

Now with Mitsu?  I am guessing this is more to benefit Mitsu.

Offline MarkStevenson

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +33/-123
  • Editor @ TTAC
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2004 Suzuki Vitara (snowplow), 2008 Saturn Astra, 2003 Buell XB9S Lightning, 2009 Yamaha R6, 1984 Honda Nighthawk CB450SC (stolen)
Lol.  Nissan/Renault has a partnership with Mercedes Benz already - for engines, transmissions and platforms.

The partnership with Nissan is more geared toward Infiniti, though.

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)

This is true.

Offline MarkStevenson

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +33/-123
  • Editor @ TTAC
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2004 Suzuki Vitara (snowplow), 2008 Saturn Astra, 2003 Buell XB9S Lightning, 2009 Yamaha R6, 1984 Honda Nighthawk CB450SC (stolen)

This is true.

Meant to say "partnership with MB" but I think you knew what I meant. I've been awake for over 30 hours.

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile

...and the Mitsu Outlander pounces the RAV in the small overlap crash test, mediocrity ::)

Not that I would buy a Mitsu, but just saying....

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra

...and the Mitsu Outlander pounces the RAV in the small overlap crash test, mediocrity ::)

Just can't help yourself, can you?
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"

And there is no cure

Offline Black Hatch

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 CX-5GT w/Tech
Back to the discussion.
What do you think of Renault building Mitsu's next midsize car (replacing the Galant)?
http://m.motortrend.com/wot/1311_mitsubishi_to_offer_renault_based_midsize_sedan_in_us.html

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile

And there is no cure