Author Topic: I got 2 careless driving tickets in Ontario and 1 backing on highway ticket.  (Read 12311 times)

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
if a troll do people really write up a book like that? 

but on another note, while it seems pretty far fetched my girlfriend back in grade 11 crashed into not one but THREE cop cars!!!!!   All three parked on the side of the road.   

What did she do.......   
wait for it....

she picked something up off the floor which fell from the dash.  While reaching down, she pull the wheel slightly to the right, slowly moving the car over and SMASH into the parked cop cars!!!!!!!! 
She was driving a 90s Ford F150   

It's a story that I couldn't believe when she called me.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
yeah, i'd say it's a real person, wanting real advice.

i doubt she'll come hang around us after we've all basically told her to grow up... some in kinder terms than others...

my sisters bff in high school hit three buses all on separate occasions while she was busy looking out the window... wait! correction! one was a backhoe. they were all bright yellow though...

it happens. doesn't always automatically mean you are a bad driver, but it's usually an indicator.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile

i doubt she'll come hang around us after we've all basically told her to grow up... some in kinder terms than others...

my sisters bff in high school hit three buses all on separate occasions while she was busy looking out the window... wait! correction! one was a backhoe. they were all bright yellow though...

it happens. doesn't always automatically mean you are a bad driver, but it's usually an indicator.

Kinda sorta does, it pretty much is the definition of a bad driver, if you're hitting things because you're busy looking out the window, or you put your feet in the wrong places and make the car do things you didn't mean for it to do.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
yeah, i was just giving myself an out in case some guy talks about this time scarlett johansson flashed him from the sidewalk and he hit the guy in front...

then you are just a guy.

Offline Black Hatch

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 CX-5GT w/Tech
yeah, i was just giving myself an out in case some guy talks about this time scarlett johansson flashed him from the sidewalk and he hit the guy in front...

then you are just a guy.

Sounds legit...  ;)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
I think we need full body shots to better ascertain if you were wearing the correct shoes... ;D
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
I got 2 careless driving tickets in Ontario and 1 backing on highway ticket.
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2013, 06:04:48 pm »
I was trying to figure out how doing shots off her body would help, but then I realized you meant photos.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco

Kinda sorta does, it pretty much is the definition of a bad driver, if you're hitting things because you're busy looking out the window, or you put your feet in the wrong places and make the car do things you didn't mean for it to do.

I really think yes AND no, for being a bad driver.   I'd say there are people who are generally good drivers but have a momentary lapse of reason.  Be a distraction or a cocky attitude and in that moment, something happens and they pay the price.   

The story of my grade 11 girlfriend is true and it would makes us all want to agree that she's a bad driver.
However, she really wasn't.   It was one of the moments.  At least nobody was hurt.  She was certainly humbled and embarrassed.  She admitted she was wrong, it was a mistake and used it as a learning experience.   I haven't seen her since college, but those 7 ish years that I knew her, she had no other driving infractions.

In this case.... this girl... real or a troll needs to stop making excuses, learn from her mistake and eat a little humble pie.   A little re-focusing on her driving and the seriousness of driver sure would help.
Admit your mistake, learn from it and become a more focused, responsible, better driver.

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
In this case.... this girl... real or a troll needs to stop making excuses, learn from her mistake and eat a little humble pie.   A little re-focusing on her driving and the seriousness of driver sure would help.
Admit your mistake, learn from it and become a more focused, responsible, better driver.
And wear sensible shoes when driving.

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
And wear sensible shoes when driving.

:iagree:

Or to put the situation in terms of the current season of Canada's Worst Driver (EVER!), be more like Shirley (who learned :thumbup:) and less like Angelina (who never learns, apparently :thumbdown:).   

A lot less like Angelina.   :o ::)
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
So now I'm thinking about this story...http://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php/topic,85694.0.html

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
I think it's time to pay Pointts.

Nahhh, more like time to take the bus and give up driving...and texting.
What you won't find in my car is a coffee, cigarette and a cell phone. What you will find is a driver; imagine that, a driver in a vehicle. What an effing concept!
A car has to do more than just perform; it has to stir your soul!
A true driver's car does not have cup holders.