Author Topic: I got 2 careless driving tickets in Ontario and 1 backing on highway ticket.  (Read 12320 times)

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
I cannot in good conscience tell you to stop wearing those shoes :D

Offline MsEmily

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Subaru Impreza WRX STI, Toyota Corolla
When life gives you lemons.....
One way or another your driving habits will cost you a fortune. However your are cute and your shoes look awesome (3 people already clicked on the picture)  :D
If I were you I'd already be calling that "Canada's worst driver" show. Refer them to your forum posts. Seriously. You can thank me later  :)

Stop making fun of me. I am not such a bad driver. I had 0 points 1 month back.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
I'm sensing a troll.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
i'm gonna ignore everything everyone said in the thread, yes, even OP's posts.

;D

just going by the title, you need to get a traffic ticket fighter.  or make yourself available to fight in person.  it's not necessarily a fight, per se, but just contesting the validity of the ticket as well as to show remorse to ,.. as they say, get off easy.

skimming the thread, it sounds like it was your fault OP, but i realize that some tickets ARE unfair.  (you really really shouldn't have driven backward on highway though..)

everyone makes mistakes, and as long as you learn from it, you are ahead. (now you k now not to hit a cop car !!  :rofl2: and not wear such heels while driving )

14 points...   i think that's 7 times as many points as me.. 

Oh, another thing.  just because one doesn't have any points does NOT mean they are good drivers..   i'm not saying you aren't, as i have not seen you drive, but just in general..   driving 100 on 100 road in the left lane won't get you a ticket(in 99.9999999999999999999% cases) but that will cause traffic to back up and people to drive erratically way way back..  which makes that person a bad driver.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:30:17 am by aquadorhj »

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
One way or another your driving habits will cost you a fortune. However your are cute and your shoes look awesome (3 people already clicked on the picture)  :D
If I were you I'd already be calling that "Canada's worst driver" show. Refer them to your forum posts. Seriously. You can thank me later  :)

I'm not. If the avatar picture is you, then I don't see why they would turn you down. It's a good and sincere advise. If you ask a question on the internets be prepared to get all kinds of answers, many you won't like  :)
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

And how do you know this?  :P

Ah, a rookie forum mistake. I always assume ppl tell the truth.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile

Well, your own description of your incidents so far show that you're a fairly bad driver.

Not that any of it is your fault, of course.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
By the way OP, if that pic is of you, are you a natural redhead?  It's fairly common for redheads to have terrible depth perception (this is not a joke, it is a medical fact), and if you are a redhead, you should have this checked.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
i'm a big advocate that many accidents can be prevented... whether you are considered "at fault" or not. i have friends who have been in 4+ accidents each... they assure everyone that they are great drivers and that all accidents were deemed others at fault or weather....

hate to be an ass, but all those accidents of theirs might not have been caused by them, but they sure as hell could have avoided every one of them if they were good drivers. i was in the car for 2 and could see they were about to happen. never going to say 100% this if the case for everyone... but i'd say for the most part.

anywho, get representation. what do you have to lose other than money? and quite frankly, you will be losing money one way or the other here, whether it's insurance or what have you.

basically, you are a 20-something (i'm guessing like 21-22, or else you would have just said the actual age... thinking that if you try to make it seem like you've had more years of clean driving)... whether you drove a car at 14 for 50kms makes no difference. you have been driving since about 17 in real terms (10,000+ a yr) i would be willing to wager.

unfortunately, you have to hope the lawyer is good and that you can actually show remorse and acceptance of blame. by my (assuming) math, you are now averaging an accident/non-speeding ticket a year. that's not good. show that you are willing to learn to be a better driver and maybe they'll show some mercy on a young girl. we were all young once and i can't think of a single one who was a better driver in their teens/twenties than they were as a full adult.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
If I were in your situation I'd get a good lawyer.

I am a good lawyer.  I will not give you legal advice (so don't rely on anything below as such), but I will not troll like the majority of the previous posts.  I won't sugar-coat, either.

First things first:  DO NOT CALL "EX-COPPER" or the like.  All they do is plea-bargain, and charge you $300 or so to do it.  You can do this yourself with the same effect (i.e. they will not get your charges reduced any further than you could have yourself.  They'll say "Hi, I'm here for 20 people today...they all want plea bargains.  Do what you can."   Ex-Copper won't discuss with the Court what you tell them. 

Never, ever just "pay" your fines.  By appearing in Traffic Court, you will 'likely' have your fines reduced (though it is in the discretion of the court to do so).  You can do this by a plea-bargain, or even by pleading not-guilty (though you have to have a reason for doing so).  When you attend in person, you have an opportunity to explain yourself - but please for the love of whomever your deity is, if any, DO NOT WEAR STUPID SHOES or any bright, offensive colours to your appearance.  Court is a formal place, treat it like a job interview.

My FIL was an idiot and wouldn't let his SIL, a lawyer, attend at the court appearance for his daughter when she got a speeding ticket.  He called "ex-copper" and instead of the $355 ticket and 4 points, the idiot got her 2 points, $155 ticket, and then charged $300 for doing so.  In the end, she would have swapped 2 points for an additional $100.  Would be worth it, except I went to Traffic Court later that week and appealed the decision, citing that the FIL had no authority to hire the ex-copper.  I argued the ticket and had the entire ticket cleared - i.e. NO FINE AND NO POINTS.

As for your reversing on the highway...sorry, but even the shoulder is considered a highway.  There is no defence to that one, and unfortunately, it's a fairly severe offence.  This is the type of thing where you can plead guilty and ask for a bargain - you plead guilty so no trial is necessary, they award you for doing so by reducing the fine/points.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
I'm sensing a troll.

Exactly, move along...nothing to see here.

Northernridge

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-1198
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
I'm sensing a troll.

Exactly, move along...nothing to see here.

That's what I tought on the very first post.

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
no post, since this post:

I'm sensing a troll.

:rofl:

Offline MsEmily

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Subaru Impreza WRX STI, Toyota Corolla
If I were in your situation I'd get a good lawyer.

I am a good lawyer.  I will not give you legal advice (so don't rely on anything below as such), but I will not troll like the majority of the previous posts.  I won't sugar-coat, either.

First things first:  DO NOT CALL "EX-COPPER" or the like.  All they do is plea-bargain, and charge you $300 or so to do it.  You can do this yourself with the same effect (i.e. they will not get your charges reduced any further than you could have yourself.  They'll say "Hi, I'm here for 20 people today...they all want plea bargains.  Do what you can."   Ex-Copper won't discuss with the Court what you tell them. 

Never, ever just "pay" your fines.  By appearing in Traffic Court, you will 'likely' have your fines reduced (though it is in the discretion of the court to do so).  You can do this by a plea-bargain, or even by pleading not-guilty (though you have to have a reason for doing so).  When you attend in person, you have an opportunity to explain yourself - but please for the love of whomever your deity is, if any, DO NOT WEAR STUPID SHOES or any bright, offensive colours to your appearance.  Court is a formal place, treat it like a job interview.

My FIL was an idiot and wouldn't let his SIL, a lawyer, attend at the court appearance for his daughter when she got a speeding ticket.  He called "ex-copper" and instead of the $355 ticket and 4 points, the idiot got her 2 points, $155 ticket, and then charged $300 for doing so.  In the end, she would have swapped 2 points for an additional $100.  Would be worth it, except I went to Traffic Court later that week and appealed the decision, citing that the FIL had no authority to hire the ex-copper.  I argued the ticket and had the entire ticket cleared - i.e. NO FINE AND NO POINTS.

As for your reversing on the highway...sorry, but even the shoulder is considered a highway.  There is no defence to that one, and unfortunately, it's a fairly severe offence.  This is the type of thing where you can plead guilty and ask for a bargain - you plead guilty so no trial is necessary, they award you for doing so by reducing the fine/points.
Thanks a lot

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
You need to get a good lawyer.  You are not going to get good legal advice from a bunch gearheads here.   :)

Offline Black Hatch

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 CX-5GT w/Tech
Were you speeding in any of the infractions? WRX?

And I can sympathize with the brake/gas error. (Actual not really)
I did it once before at a stop sign but luckily no one was around. Basically it was because of unfamiliarity with a new vehicle. Adjusted my seat and never did it again but I sometimes have nightmares of myself doing it and crashing into someone.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
By the way OP, if that pic is of you, are you a natural redhead?  It's fairly common for redheads to have terrible depth perception (this is not a joke, it is a medical fact), and if you are a redhead, you should have this checked.

A drunk is laying belly up on a bus floor.
- Hey, you, red head. Step off my arm!
Red head: I'm sorry, but I'm actually blond.
Drunk: not from my point of view   ;D

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
maybe toss a pair of flat shoes in the car for driving?