Author Topic: Kia Forte, Mazda 3 or Ford Focus?  (Read 9686 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Kia Forte, Mazda 3 or Ford Focus?
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2013, 03:25:01 pm »
the 155hp in the Mazda3 is more than adequate, especially for a compact.

That is my thinking, more than enough especially as 90% of my driving is just me and no passangers. I also really like the styling of the Mazda 3. Seems like a decent deal for the price comparativly especially with the convinience package.

Will be much nicer than the Echo or Montana. My Monatana is slowly dying on me, slow leak in the power stearing fluid system... worn front wheel barings... just replaced the high pressure fuel line as it was leaking.

Anybody have hints or tips on selling of old vehiclkes such as a 2001 Pontiac Montana? or a 1994 Plymoth Grand Voyager?

Im thinking leaving it in a bad neighborhood with a baggie of powdered sugar on the passenger seats, crackhead sees powder, breaks in, realizes hes been had, goes postal on van....taaadaaa...insurance pays out  ;D
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2013, 04:00:15 pm »
I've never been in a situation where I needed more power in my 3. Even when there are punks that want to race me, I upshift at like 4,000 rpm. I'm not unnecessarily revving to 6,500 RPM unless I need to, like merging onto some high speed road with a vehicle hot on my trail, and in those situations it seems like I'm at speed before I know it.

In the US, you can get the 2.0L engine in all four trim levels (three for the hatch) and the 2.5L engine in the top two trim levels. So people like me can get the fully loaded model iGrand Touring with 2.0L engine, someone else who wants more power and just wants decent amenities can get the sTouring with the 2.5L. Someone who wants it all can get the sGrand Touring with the 2.5L. I wish we had the same options here instead of just plain GX, GS, GT. Seeing how we buy twice as many 3s per capita than the US, you think it'd be easier to have more options here.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2013, 04:03:29 pm »
Im thinking leaving it in a bad neighborhood with a baggie of powdered sugar on the passenger seats, crackhead sees powder, breaks in, realizes hes been had, goes postal on van....taaadaaa...insurance pays out  ;D

:rofl2: Great idea, if you're sure the person can cause more damage than 70% of the car's value.

Offline morinr

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Montana :(
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2013, 04:15:23 pm »

:rofl2: Great idea, if you're sure the person can cause more damage than 70% of the car's value.

Haha, don't have to do much damage to a 2001 pontiac montana with 250,000 km on it. Or even the 1994 Grand voyager with 86,000 km on it.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2013, 04:36:30 pm »

Haha, don't have to do much damage to a 2001 pontiac montana with 250,000 km on it. Or even the 1994 Grand voyager with 86,000 km on it.

You didnt hear it from me...