Author Topic: Is it me or are some Nissan products looking better than some Lexus products.  (Read 5022 times)

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's

The Lexus CT200h seems more a more like an old Matrix the more I see them on the road. At the same time is it me or is Nissan's entry level vehicle looking pretty good even better than a premium nameplate vehicle like the CT200h. Sad what's happening to Toy/Lexus

Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Its just you.  :P

Offline evil_twin

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +253/-253
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing, 2018 Audi Q7 3.0T
Both those cars look like sh!t.  And the photos present a completely unfair comparison (i.e much more appealing lighting and stance on the sentra...)

What are you saying here?

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
Both those cars look like sh!t.  And the photos present a completely unfair comparison (i.e much more appealing lighting and stance on the sentra...)

What are you saying here?

You may be partially right regarding these particular pictures but even live, Lexus seems to be dumbing down it's game while other even entry level vehicles are upping their game as far as styling.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Its just you.  :P

I agree... plus one is a sedan and the other a hatch  :P

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
I think its just you.....Lexus can whoop Nissan 3 ways to Sunday in design and I dont even like the looks of Lexus.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
It's definitely just you.  ::)
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
I think Infiniti is starting to whoop Lexus.  Not sure about Toyota vs. Nissan.  New Corolla looks sharp and edgy versus Sentra, I would take Versa Note over Yaris door any day...  Juke is fantastically weird... 
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
It's not even the "toys" or fuel economy that set these two apart. It's that Lexus can charge a healthy premium for their cars and that allows them to spend more resources to engineer them to drive the way they should and use higher quality parts and more sophisticated components. Exterior design is there to catch buyers' attention. Everything else becomes more apparent the longer you own the car. For example, an LS of two generations ago may not have the hottest looking exterior and some will say an Avalon of the same age seems more upscale but only the former will have a laser cruise, double wishbones in all 4 corners, 2 more gears in the auto and a direct injected engine, just to name a few...
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
I think Infiniti is starting to whoop Lexus.  Not sure about Toyota vs. Nissan.  New Corolla looks sharp and edgy versus Sentra, I would take Versa Note over Yaris door any day...  Juke is fantastically weird...

You kidding me, a new Corolla looks like a 3 year old car next to the boring Sentra.

Northernridge

I think Nissan is going the wrong way design-wise. Meanwhile the latest Lexus IS, ES and GS are notable design improvements over previous models.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
I think Nissan is going the wrong way design-wise. Meanwhile the latest Lexus IS, ES and GS are notable design improvements over previous models.

Have to agree (at least with regard to Nissan). I liked their stuff a lot better in the 90's and early 2000's

I'm more "meh" on the recent Lexus stuff.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
The only problem with the Ct200h is it could use a little more juice.  Nissan is still Nissan.  2nd tier manufacturer.  Other than the 370Z (which the market has passed by), it's essentially an econobox manufacturer that sells almost exclusively on price point; Juke excepted.

Offline jamie1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Acura TSX, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited ADI,2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT GT
The only problem with the Ct200h is it could use a little more juice.  Nissan is still Nissan.  2nd tier manufacturer.  Other than the 370Z (which the market has passed by), it's essentially an econobox manufacturer that sells almost exclusively on price point; Juke excepted.
Have to agree about Nissan. Have always thought Nissan is like the Chrysler of the Japanese car world.
Enjoying the Alberta advantage

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
A/S surely hasn't missed the beat with his Toyota arrogant style, just like most of the dealers.  No doubt CR is also now a second tier magazine :rofl2:  As Mark here already said. butched designs and clumsy looking.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 05:41:27 am by Versa1.1 »

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
A/S surely hasn't missed the beat with his Toyota arrogant style, just like most of the dealers.  No doubt CR is also now a second tier magazine :rofl2:  As Mark here already said. butched designs and clumsy looking.

Do you know AS dealership he works for has both Toyota and Nissan , so I think he tells as he sees it

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Shouldn't the comparison be Lexus vs Infiniti?

It should but I find the Lexus FWD products differ so much from the FWD products in design/style.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
There are some Nissan models I'd take over a Toyota, the Juke (hot little hatch-CUV thingie) and Xterra (offroad capable with a manual transmission) are two. Nissan went from one of the hottest car companies up until the mid 2000s to a boring appliance maker today. If I'm going to buy a boring appliance, it's going to be a Toyota, at least they have reliability behind that boringness.

My opinion on style doesn't count, I bought a 2nd gen Mazda 3.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
And to clarify, I love how my Mazda looks.

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
There are some Nissan models I'd take over a Toyota, the Juke (hot little hatch-CUV thingie) and Xterra (offroad capable with a manual transmission) are two. Nissan went from one of the hottest car companies up until the mid 2000s to a boring appliance maker today. If I'm going to buy a boring appliance, it's going to be a Toyota, at least they have reliability behind that boringness.

My opinion on style doesn't count, I bought a 2nd gen Mazda 3.

Safe to assume you were not here mid 2000