3 (8.1%)
1 (2.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
Wish an astroid would hit it.
5 (13.5%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: How much do you love your car?  (Read 7398 times)

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
Re: How much do you love your car?
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 08:04:30 pm »
haha, sounds like majority of people want more power in their cars.

:rofl2:

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 08:27:53 pm »
9 for the Golf.  It's not absolutely perfect but I can't find anything wrong with it so far.  Love the way it drives, interior, fuel sippage, torque, space, etc.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 08:35:46 pm »
TL 4. If hypothetically it was 100% perfect from day 1 I'd probably say 7.

You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 08:51:39 pm »
8 for the Santa Fe. 

She loses a point because I can't wash/wax her properly without the help of a very tall person, thanks to the high roof.  Although maybe I should lose points for not thinking that one through?   :P 

She also loses a point for a poorly-placed and spottily-responsive honk spot on the steering wheel.  Not that I use it very often, but it sure would be nice not to have to smash my fist on the steering wheel to get a message across to the douches of the road.
"Honk spot"?  LOL

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5 speed with Handling Pack, 2007 Nissan Senta 6 speed
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 09:08:48 pm »
If an Asteroid hit my Sentra I'd be able to to take whatever I got as a settlement and buy a 2014 Mazda 3 or something. Most  boring car I've ever owned but it cheap to operate,has enough room and is paid for so I can't justify getting rid of it.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2013, 09:09:05 pm »
8 for the Santa Fe. 

She loses a point because I can't wash/wax her properly without the help of a very tall person, thanks to the high roof.  Although maybe I should lose points for not thinking that one through?   :P 

She also loses a point for a poorly-placed and spottily-responsive honk spot on the steering wheel.  Not that I use it very often, but it sure would be nice not to have to smash my fist on the steering wheel to get a message across to the douches of the road.
"Honk spot"?  LOL

I remember my sister's old mercury topaz where the "honk spot" was at the end of the blinker lever, or some other dumbass lever.  You had to push the end of the lever FFS!  I found that out the hard way when some idiot started backing out of a driveway in front of me!  I had to change my skivvies after that episode!!   :o   What a dumb fockin idea that was!    ::)

Offline phazotron

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +12/-22
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 05 Montana SV6
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2013, 09:24:07 pm »
Dear asteroid,

Please smite my van! Ugh, what can I say, I love the practicality of a van and will buy another one but I hate my particular van. Seats are a pain to take out and put back in (literally and figuratively), their heavy, the engine needs more torque, the radio reception sucks, some fit & finish issues, you have to punch the honker on the steering wheel to get a honk, etc....

But, it's paid for, it has never left us on the side of the road and will always start on the coldest winter day that we can get in Ottawa even if I forget to plug it in.

Offline Black Hatch

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 CX-5GT w/Tech
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 09:40:29 pm »
I would rate my CX-5 as an 8.5 if I could.
But since thats not an option I'll downgrade it to 8.

If it was available in manual (with AWD and leather) I would have rated it a 9.
Love the drive, seats,  interior, fuel sippage,  space, practical, blind-spot monitoring.
Dislike the voice recognition for NAV, simple USB, clock placement.

Almost the ideal CUV.
Needs some more power.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2013, 10:11:36 pm »
9 for the Vibe, especially for the price I paid. Reliable, efficient, comfortable, decent ground clearance, small enough to be good in the city yet somehow hauls almost anything.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2013, 11:04:20 pm »
Miata is an 11.  I can't see myself EVER selling this car.  I might find another one and turbo it or put in a V-8, but this particular car is going to stay pristine and exactly the way Mazda built it.

Highlander is a 6.  Does what it was built to do, and does that brilliantly, but passion?  Nope.

Corolla is also, well, a 6.  It also fulfills it's mission with a score of 100/100, but it's just an appliance.  Would be a 4 except I love the fuel economy.

Forester is a solid 7.  Spunkier than the Highlander and quirky.  My affection is due not to the characteristics of the vehicle but the places it's taken me, my family, and my friends.  So many awesome memories.

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2013, 11:31:17 pm »
Great thread

The Cobra gets a 10 'cuz love isn't always rational, but even the Miata would get a 9 (the only thing I really wish it had was air conditioning for those sticky summer days when I'm still in my office attire).

I love the M3 so much, it isn't rational. 11.

New Miata: 9. Cons include hard, plastic-y interior, crap stereo and cabin electronics from the Stone Age. Ventilation system also seems to blow the A/C right on me (could be because I'm short-ish... but the older Miata doesn't seem to do that). Steering wheel is too thin.

Old Miata: 9. Body is not rigid so it creaks, flexes and shakes. It may sound funny, but I actually find that kinda charming. :) (although probably not my passengers. But they do say, "Wow... it's so small/cute." Back and head support for the seats are lacking, but the seat height is perfect for me. That with the shifter-clutch-steering wheel position make it feel like they built the specifically car for me - yay! She's actually a 9 instead of a 10 because I bought her used and she is not a pristine specimen... otherwise, despite her shortcomings, I would have given her a 10. When she goes to Miata heaven, she will be replaced by another one...

Offline jamie1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Acura TSX, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited ADI,2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT GT
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 11:57:44 pm »
The TSX gets a 9. Just love driving car. The CR-V gets a 6. Dependable as all he!!, but boring to drive.
Enjoying the Alberta advantage

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2013, 11:59:32 pm »
One day I hope to own a car that I can rate an 11.........   :)
Lighten up Francis.....

Northernridge

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2013, 12:11:02 am »

I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe it's time for indulgence and selecting that perfect ten. For me that would mean abandoning practical compromises.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2013, 12:12:27 am »

I owned one...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2013, 12:13:38 am »

I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe it's time for indulgence and selecting that perfect ten. For me that would mean abandoning practical compromises.

I dont think you can go looking for an 11 with idiotic things like "gee willikers I hope it gets good mileage traffic" or "gosh, the trunk better hold enough for a costco trip" on your mind......  ;D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2013, 12:14:29 am »

I owned one...

Lemme guess......  ;D

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2013, 08:29:54 am »
The Aerio gets an 8.  After 4 years in storage it needed an oil change, new battery, and a few bottles of  fuel system cleaner (for the e-test) to get back on the road.  The 155hp 2.3l 4 has plenty of grunt and will happily cruise the 417/401 at 140 110.  Despite the high centre of gravity, handling is safe and predictable, and I don't mind the lack of ABS or traction control - means I still have to know how to 'really' drive without the aid of electronic wizardry.  The car also has great cargo space.  MAJOR downsides are fuel consumption and the fact that Suzuki Auto is pulling out of our market...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 11:05:33 am by Scaerio »
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2013, 09:32:17 am »
bring on the space debris!!!!

that's what I voted for my Matrix.  I admit it's pretty harsh, however as many of you already know i'm not very happy with that car.  The 1.8L is horribly underpowered.   They have the most uncomfortable seats I've ever had.   The door panel and centre arm rest area are hard plastic.  My elbow / arm has actually gotten sore on longer drives.   The suspension is brutally harsh, I've had a few comments from back seat passengers.    Also, not even a month after I got the car, a small rattle sometimes comes from the driver door panel.  It almost seems like there's a tiny metal fragment or something that jiggles around.   The underskirt is held together by cheap crapy plastic bolts which seem to get loose all the time, again causing more sound vibration.  Over this vehicle has really disappointed in terms of fit and finish from Toyota.   I know it's only a Matrix, but still...  I don't expect rattling from new cars, no matter how cheap they are.

Not all is horrible...   Economy is obviously good, but at a power price I would have rather not paid.
Space and utility is awesome for this vehicle.  Not as good as our old RAV or Forester, but for a hatch you can get an really mind blowing amount of stuff inside.    You can laugh all you want, but the stereo system on the "S" package (with steering wheel audio controls, bluetooth, USB connect) is awesome.

for the Santa Fe. 

She loses a point because I can't wash/wax her properly without the help of a very tall person, thanks to the high roof.  Although maybe I should lose points for not thinking that one through?

one bonus of our downsize from the RAV to the Matrix, is it takes me half the time to wash and no need for a ladder!!!    ;)

Northernridge

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2013, 09:49:11 am »
I was feeling bad for myself driving an 8 but I see nearly 12% of respondents want their ride to be destroyed by an asteroid...