Author Topic: Comparison Test: 2013 Toyota Prius V hybrid vs 2014 VW Golf Wagon TDI Clean Diesel  (Read 18728 times)

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
The nice seats I have sat in were X5 but never took it out for a drive
I have driven the Prius & 323 to Halifax in one day and was  fine  the next day ( 17 hour drive) , only problem now I am finding the lower seating position is not to good for the my hip

The truck , I have driven to Thunder Bay in day and was ok
The less form fitting the seat the better the hip is ,
Where is the old Buick seat , or a bench  :rofl:

I find wife the wife driving the Prius 90% of the time she is always around 4.8 l/ 100km, she races to any stop sign or red light  ;D

The seats in my 2005 Sierra were really bad.....almost as bad as my 93 civic and I was really happy when it was replaced this summer!  I tried obus form and a few other supports and they helped, but not well enough, so I made my own!  I got the idea to spray some expansion foam into a HD garbage bag and after a few failed attempts I actually made myself a relatively comfortable custom seat support.  It looked weird, but it worked! Cheap too!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:44:49 am by KarlsDarwin »

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
The nice seats I have sat in were X5 but never took it out for a drive
I have driven the Prius & 323 to Halifax in one day and was  fine  the next day ( 17 hour drive) , only problem now I am finding the lower seating position is not to good for the my hip

The truck , I have driven to Thunder Bay in day and was ok
The less form fitting the seat the better the hip is ,
Where is the old Buick seat , or a bench  :rofl:

I find wife the wife driving the Prius 90% of the time she is always around 4.8 l/ 100km, she races to any stop sign or red light  ;D

The seats in my 2005 Sierra were really bad.....almost as bad as my 93 civic and I was really happy when it was replaced this summer!  I tried obus form and a few other supports and they helped, but not well enough, so I made my own!  I got the idea to spray some expansion foam into a HD garbage bag and after a few failed attempts I actually made myself a relatively comfortable custom seat support.  It looked weird, but it worked! Cheap too!  ;D
I was over 350,000km on my 2003 Sierra, never had a problem

My mom need one of those wedge foam boards to seat on now, anytime she in a car

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
You really have to seat in both and find out which one you are more comfortable in
I thought I was going to get the Golf wagon until I sat in one , did not enjoy it at all

Where the Passat wagon  ;D

i used to love VW seats, but either I've changed or the seats have, and now i frequently encounter back pain in the new VWs (the Tiguan most recently, and the Jetta as well), while recent Toyotas I've found very comfortable (Highlander, Sienna)... and the Lexus IS seats were superb, but i think those were F-Sport upgrades.

Would the Passat wagon, have different seats?

John, I get back pain quite easily too, I suspect the Golf might have better seats (especially leather) because it's been around the longer the newer Jetta (where VW did some cost cutting) I have only driven VW Golf for about 25km, not long enough to fully evaluate the seats, the seemed good for me. 

But then again, maybe my frame (5'7 140lbs) makes it easy.  Some complain about bad seating position in the Tacoma, the Matrix, bad seats in the Mazda5.  For the most part, doesn't really affect me.  I can last 7 hours from Burlington to Montreal, in the Mazda5 leather seats, versus 7 hours in the Nissan Sentra....when back starts to hurt after 3-4 hours.

Offline X-Traction

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-96
    • View Profile
Best front car seats I ever sat in were in a 1990 Dodge Spirit with console. 

Along the front end styling thread, then there's "headlight art".
And some cretins think I hate cars.