Poll

Per the subject

No way, you kidding me?!
Yes, of course.  What's wrong with it?

Author Topic: Do you allow your passenger to prop their legs on the dash or out the window?  (Read 7639 times)

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
^ :rofl: :rofl2:

On a roll today FOB!  ;D
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Blue01

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +13/-13
    • View Profile
Hell no!!  And putting feet on the dash is a huge HELL NO!!

A guy I knew on a sportbike used to grab people's feet hanging out the windows.  Used to scare the crap out of them!!

In an accident this would be terrible!!  Go look at that post of someone's foot on the dash during airbag deployment....Let me find it.

GRAPHIC PHOTOS AND STORY OF WHAT HAPPENS WHEN FOOT IS ON DASH AND AIRBAG DEPLOYS:  http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/02/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-trauma-surgeon-get-your-foot-off-of-my-dash/

I used to tell my wife how funny it would look if the airbag went off and her legs ended up wrapped around her head. :o
That didn't quite do the trick until I saw the above website awhile ago.  That convinced her.

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
I guess that means I can also put my feet up on your dash 

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

funny, but... ah no!
 :P

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1073
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2

:rofl: let me know how that goes after you've had 25+ years together. :stick:  :P  At least she doesn't put her feet on the glass.  I'm not getting more flexible as I get older, and I hate cleaning the windshield on the inside as it is.

I've been with IQ for 19 years.

There is no fighting when either of us corrects the other for what is unwanted/undesireable behavior.

I'm not sure why poor behavior is accepted whether it's you wife, child...or the neighbors dog.  Unwanted behavior should be fixed...and it shouldn't cause a fight, either. 

Is it that big of a deal to say "Please don't do that" ??

Couldn't have said it better myself....

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Do you allow your passenger to prop their legs on the dash or out the window?
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2013, 12:03:31 pm »
i get to enjoy a nice pair of extended smooth soft legs next to me.

I guess that means I can also put my feet up on your dash  :-*

Showing off your quads to the folks in the other traffic lanes?  :)

Offline m323

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: many
Re: Do you allow your passenger to prop their legs on the dash or out the window?
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2013, 09:23:40 am »
this is especially bad in Scotland when yer mates warin a KELT! :/

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2013, 10:42:03 am »
Poll closed.  Oh-so-scientific results gathered from oh-so-carefully posed and non-subjective/skewed questions and the results are in......

The majority of voters on this forum are absolutely opposed to front seat passengers propping the legs up on the dashboard or out the window.  Of course, being enthusiasts, we are hardly representative of the population at large, who clearly don't care (or think)two squats given how commonplace this stupid behaviour is.

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)