Author Topic: Krown Rust Proofing Mistake!!!!  (Read 6089 times)

Offline grumble812

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Saturn, Dodge
Krown Rust Proofing Mistake!!!!
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:31:07 am »
I have a Saturn and I brought my vehicle into a closer location. 2 months after application the gas line and gas filter both rusted due to the rubber seal expanding and warping due to their product. A few months later I found out after my exterior panels began falling off my car that they sprayed behind all my polymer plastic panels! Now the plastic is drying out and each panel is slowly but surely shattering off because of Krown's application. I have a somewhat newer car (2005).
Has anyone had similar issues? I might have to bring this guy to court for the damages because they are refusing liability.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
Re: Krown Rust Proofing Mistake!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 10:44:50 am »
i had always wondered about the saturns and rustproofing.... but from what i recall, rustproofing was still suggested on them as the beams, frames and such were still metal.... i also know that the head office of saturn never suggested rustproofing their cars, only the dealers... so that seems a bit questionable.

i can't imagine the rust spray would cause the panels to fall off.... unless they were previously re-attached after a minor accident and done poorly.... but again... i'm not familiar with the characteristics of the polymers and the spray and how they would interact.

the oil spray on the rubber part i totally get as the two products don't get along...

whatever happens... i guess good luck!
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline grumble812

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 10:48:03 am »
Well the gentleman from both the location and the head office both say oil doesn't dry out plastic; however it does if too much is applied.
I have 2 body-man telling me this is the cause of a bad spray. I just don't want to have to go to small claims court; which it seems like what I am being forced to do.

Offline grumble812

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 10:48:24 am »
Thank you XD

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 10:54:51 am »
yeah, might be your best bet... sounds like maybe just a crappy employee... rare that anyone would really check their work... you always just assume it's done and done right until something goes wrong.. and by that time, they can usually pawn the blame to some other factor.

i think you might be busy getting the cash out of them! maybe they have a good relation with a local dealer and can wrangle you a deal and add some cash to get you a new(er) car. just speaking from a dealer perspective... if our rust guy came to us with this issue, we'd cut a deal on a car for him... add a grand or something from them and you may find you get a newer car for a decent price to keep everyone happy.

Offline grumble812

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 11:25:56 am »
Yea, it a definitely a pain at the moment, especially with classes commencing next week.
I did not have a problem with the product before this new location..
MY last repair for replacing one exterior panel was 500 dollars. (Labor and the fact they do not make my vehicle anymore the reckers can take advantage)
I've been told once a lawyer gives them a letter that the company will stop playing the games and actually own up and pay for the damages. I just hate the hassle and the fact that they are blatantly playing me as a fool. 
I still have the one panel with the clips broken; you can see their product has dried on the inside of it.