Author Topic: License renewal interviews. Anyone been to those?  (Read 913 times)

Offline Refill

• Noob
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2004 Dodge Caravan
License renewal interviews. Anyone been to those?
« on: August 04, 2013, 08:37:58 am »
Hey,

My license was suspended last year and before I could pay for it I had to travel out of country and my life   got busy so I completely forgot about the suspension.

When I came back to Canada, Ontario  11 months later, I found a copious amount of mail stating I need to pay my fines.

I did pay everything, and the $150 reinstatement fee.

Now, before I can have my license cleared, I need to go to a driving interview, where I'll meet with someone or a couple of people and discuss why my license was suspended etc...

If anyone has been to one and would like to give me any information, (cause I can't find any) that would be super helpful.

New to the forum, thanks for having me people of autos.ca
Thanks in advance :D

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
Re: License renewal interviews. Anyone been to those?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 09:39:14 am »
Yes, I have been there twice before, but the last time was 26 years ago fortunately. The experience may have changed somewhat since then. You go in and act humble and you usally get to keep your license.
In my case, I lost my license due to speeding. I was young and foolish - 90MPH in a 50...on Yonge street. Had to o to court - the whole 9 yards. The second interview was 10 years later. The interviewer knew that I had no other tickets or infractions and said that it looked like I knew the rules of road but I had an issue with speeding - no parking tickets even. As a result, speeding was the dominant discussion topic and what I was going to do to control my speeding urges. He seemed to buy into it and let me keep my license.
As luck would have it, I haven't had a speeding ticket since...one warning though...and a ticket for having a radar detector. :P
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
Re: License renewal interviews. Anyone been to those?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 10:44:07 am »
I suspect the interview would vary depending on the reason why your license was suspended in the first place.  Mine was suspended for 1 year, a few years ago for medical reasons.  So the interview was simple...