Author Topic: Free Parts Days  (Read 1021 times)

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
Free Parts Days
« on: August 02, 2013, 08:59:42 am »
So, after all the talk about pick and pulls, I found one! It's in Scarborough, but they have these sweet "Free Parts Days" where you rock up with $50, pay, and you can walk out with whatever you can carry!

Now I just hope they have a Passat in the yard... with a manual transmission...

http://www.standardautowreckers.com/freeparts.htm#

Have you guys had any experience with these sorts of days? I used to do them a lot back in Aus.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
Re: Free Parts Days
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 09:11:03 am »
jacob,  make sure you call them and ask whether they have german cars, (yours, in particular) because a lot of pick-n-pull places more or less specialize in domestics and trucks.  .. or at least, none of the places i know have german cars.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 12:35:35 pm »
We scored a 14 bolt rear end and an NP205 transfer case for my buddies rock buggy.....took 2, 2 man teams but it worked like a hot damn. I'd do a walk through first just to see what the have.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7216
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 12:43:31 pm »
So, after all the talk about pick and pulls, I found one! It's in Scarborough, but they have these sweet "Free Parts Days" where you rock up with $50, pay, and you can walk out with whatever you can carry!

Have you guys had any experience with these sorts of days? I used to do them a lot back in Aus.

When I was younger...yea!  Most of the cars I've driven in recent years you'd be unlikely to find in a junkyard though.

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Apok

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +8/-7
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Current: 2014 Ford F-150 ][ Owned: 1998 VW Golf, 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, 1991 VW Golf 1.6D, 2010 Colorado, 2003 Subaru Outback
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 02:51:08 pm »

When I was younger...yea!  Most of the cars I've driven in recent years you'd be unlikely to find in a junkyard though.

You're bound to find a junkyard with an old VW Beetle in it, same thing more or less.  ;D