Author Topic: What would happen If I dumped my E46 and got a Mini Cooper S...  (Read 6677 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: What would happen If I dumped my E46 and got a Mini Cooper S...
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 05:55:42 pm »
OOOOHHHH, an S2000, high five(Borat accent)!! That would be awesome if you can find a decent one.

I'd stay away from buying an S2000.......worst unreliable POS ever!   ;D :P

Are you looking for a second one??  ;D
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 05:56:19 pm »
I know one local guy that would agree.  His car throws a new code everyone he drives it. 

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 09:41:23 pm »
I'm not a big fan, personally, of the Mini's. I don't think they feel fun enough given their prices and reliability. I got to participate in a BMW event driving Mini's around a little, made-up track and came away a little disappointed. Perhaps I expected too much. Part of it was also because I disliked the interior (style and ergonomics).

EDIT EDIT: If I were trading an E46 M3.... needed back-seats AND wasn't going FCG again (which I probably would..... i.e. 2009+ 335i), I would rather get something like a new or late model Mustang. You ain't gonna miss the horsepower then.... ;D  Or an FR-S/BRZ if you favour more handling/agility over power and would only have to fit little kiddies in the back.... 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:14:13 pm by Julie »

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 09:52:01 pm »
Besides losing 150 HP, passenger space, trunk space, better interior, rwd and ultimate good looks, that is...?

oh, and besides being called "ret@rd" or "stoopid".  i already am all those..  i got an e46 FGC, remember?  :rofl2:

You've lost it. :shake:

Wait, what exactly do you want that your current car isn't providing?
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 10:18:33 pm »
I'm not a big fan, personally, of the Mini's. I don't think they feel fun enough given their prices and reliability. I got to participate in a BMW event driving Mini's around a little, made-up track and came away a little disappointed. Perhaps I expected too much. Part of it was also because I disliked the interior (style and ergonomics).

EDIT EDIT: If I were trading an E46 M3.... needed back-seats AND wasn't going FCG again (which I probably would..... i.e. 2009+ 335i), I would rather get something like a new or late model Mustang. You ain't gonna miss the horsepower then.... ;D  Or an FR-S/BRZ if you favour more handling/agility at the expense of power and would only have to fit little kiddies in the back....

wooo...  Mustang convertible has always been one of my fantasies..      in fact, the other day, there was a mustang convertible with 3 ladies in it on highway that were checking my car out, so i showed them my face and they stopped checking it out...  it was probably my tattoo on my forehead that says "i'm taken"   

You've lost it. :shake:

Wait, what exactly do you want that your current car isn't providing?

nah..  i'm just daydreaming.   ;D 

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 11:37:43 pm »
Besides losing 150 HP, passenger space, trunk space, better interior, rwd and ultimate good looks, that is...?

oh, and besides being called "ret@rd" or "stoopid".  i already am all those..  i got an e46 FGC, remember?  :rofl2:

By your post I don't think you'd be satisfied with your choice but if you really want to know the biggest difference is people would approach you and talk about your car.  Nobody except BMW owners like BMW owners.

You'd also find yourself smiling a lot more. Min owners always seem happy while BMW owners always look pissed off about something.

Just my observations.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 12:06:01 am »

By your post I don't think you'd be satisfied with your choice but if you really want to know the biggest difference is people would approach you and talk about your car.  Nobody except BMW owners like BMW owners.

You'd also find yourself smiling a lot more. Min owners always seem happy while BMW owners always look pissed off about something.

Just my observations.

I dont know, if the BMW guy is at a car show or autocross Ill go talk to them and on the whole they are alright people......some of the douchiest guys Ive met are the collector guys who get pissed off that you dont know that their one of three Chryslers made in 1958 isnt the 360 V8 but the 355..I dont care, I think your chrome is shiny....take the compliment and carry on.

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 09:42:02 pm »

wooo...  Mustang convertible has always been one of my fantasies..      in fact, the other day, there was a mustang convertible with 3 ladies in it on highway that were checking my car out, so i showed them my face and they stopped checking it out...  it was probably my tattoo on my forehead that says "i'm taken"   

:rofl: :rofl2:

You should do some test drives. Including the Cooper S if you haven't already? Then you'll know if there's anything out for you at this point...