Author Topic: Test Drive: 2013 Cadillac SRX  (Read 11528 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Test Drive: 2013 Cadillac SRX
« on: June 24, 2013, 06:29:31 am »

The SRX offers unique styling, a premium cockpit with upscale materials, comfort and technology, good utility and a great driving experience. But is it priced too steeply?

Read More...

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
Re: Test Drive: 2013 Cadillac SRX
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:04:44 am »
well, we'll all gripe about the fuel and the price... but overall, pretty good machine it would seem. as long as the potential buyer still sees cadillac as a premium brand, i don't see them finding any serious fault.

reliability is the only issue with some previous generations having issues from what i have heard.

my dad keeps threatening to get one of these... i think it's a spite buy against chrysler... i bet when he sees the price of one he would like, he'll think a little more clearly.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 10:23:51 am »
Uhh...tell me again why the escalade is such a horrid vehicle to be seen in?? They are utterly comfortable, quiet, powerful, have lots or passenger/cargo room, have as many frilly gadgets as any german high line vehicle,will actually pull a trailer and handle rough roads.....if anything....why would you want to be seen in this thing??  ::)
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 10:27:14 am »
Uhh...tell me again why the escalade is such a horrid vehicle to be seen in?? They are utterly comfortable, quiet, powerful, have lots or passenger/cargo room, have as many frilly gadgets as any german high line vehicle,will actually pull a trailer and handle rough roads.....if anything....why would you want to be seen in this thing??  ::)

Agreed. I've wanted a Escalade so bad forever - but the fuel costs keep me from taking the leap. I've even toyed with the idea of buying the SRX as a more economical substitute, but the questionable reliability has me a little worried.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 12:58:47 pm »

Agreed. I've wanted a Escalade so bad forever - but the fuel costs keep me from taking the leap. I've even toyed with the idea of buying the SRX as a more economical substitute, but the questionable reliability has me a little worried.
Take a read here and see if there is any problems http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 01:38:30 pm »

You never told us you were a Toronto drug dealer....
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 01:40:25 pm »

Hey now, the preferred vehicle for drug dealers around here is the Infinity FX line....with ghetto rated 20+" rims.  ;D

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 07:05:06 pm »

LOL, I'd probably be able to afford the gas if I was!

Offline jyarkony

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +119/-153
    • View Profile
    • Autos.ca
  • Cars: 2003 VW Jetta Wagon 1.8T; 2001 VW GTI VR6
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 11:07:55 pm »

Please, compared to the top German (GL) and Japanese (LX 570, QX) luxury SUVs the Escalade has horrible interior quality, terrible seats (don't get me started on the third row), rides poorly and gets awful fuel consumption.

though personally, I still think the Escalade looks great with the sharp angles and the big chrome grille.

SRX seems reasonable for a smaller SUV from Cadillac, but it hardly seems competitive vs X3s, GLKs, Q5s and EX37s if you start poking around the interior. It's the kind of vehicle that will sell only to people that don't look beyond a GM dealership, but there seem to be a lot of those – this thing sells well last time i checked.
Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
                                                        –Walt Whitman

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 11:11:24 pm »

though personally, I still think the Escalade looks great with the sharp angles and the big chrome grille.

The upcoming re-designed Escalade looks nice...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 11:19:57 pm »

I Can't seem to find any info on it? care to share?  ;)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 11:23:38 pm »

Please, compared to the top German (GL) and Japanese (LX 570, QX) luxury SUVs the Escalade has horrible interior quality, terrible seats (don't get me started on the third row), rides poorly and gets awful fuel consumption.

SRX seems reasonable for a smaller SUV from Cadillac, but it hardly seems competitive vs X3s, GLKs, Q5s and EX37s if you start poking around the interior. It's the kind of vehicle that will sell only to people that don't look beyond a GM dealership, but there seem to be a lot of those – this thing sells well last time i checked.

Bad seats and rides poorly...what...no way, I love the way they ride. Plus, reliability wise, Id take a GM truck over the FGC 7 days a week. I doubt the Escalade gets much worse or better mileage than the QX or LX. Plus, Id love a lifted Escalade  ;D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 11:25:49 pm »
I wouldnt be adverse to lowering one either:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 11:28:26 pm »
^^ :fall:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 11:29:11 pm »

It's being refreshed so the style falls in line with the current look of Cadillac.

That's about all I can say.....

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 11:29:37 pm »
^^ :fall:

Not bad eh  ;D Blower, full exhaust in that one  :heart: :drool: :love:

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 11:34:53 pm »

It's being refreshed so the style falls in line with the current look of Cadillac.

It should look good then. I like the fact they are built on a truck frame and can still tow.

Fobroader- That lifted Escalade is pure Alberta redneck! I've seen a few that way (not the new style mind you)

Offline jyarkony

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
    • Autos.ca
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 11:36:23 pm »

Bad seats and rides poorly...what...no way, I love the way they ride. Plus, reliability wise, Id take a GM truck over the FGC 7 days a week. I doubt the Escalade gets much worse or better mileage than the QX or LX. Plus, Id love a lifted Escalade  ;D

Yeah, somehow, i don't think the GL 350 would look as nice lifted... lowered, maybe. so you're telling me the Escalade has nicer seats and rides better than the GL? Wing, how are the seats in the LX? compared to Escalade... and the size is all illusion - despite a massive frame, interior space doesn't ever seem that great in the GM SUVs - they seem two generations behind when it comes to interior packaging... oh wait, that's because they are...

hard to say where real-world mileage is because samples on fueely are so sparse, but LX seems to be a bit better, and the GL diesel would be a no contest - I once had the Yukon hybrid and it did no better than 13s, and i had 10s in the GL bluetec. reliability wise, yeah, that GM platform is okay, so I'll give you that.

Offline jyarkony

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
    • Autos.ca
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 11:38:45 pm »

You're such a tease  :'(

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 11:40:16 pm »

It should look good then. I like the fact they are built on a truck frame and can still tow.

Fobroader- That lifted Escalade is pure Alberta redneck! I've seen a few that way (not the new style mind you)

The lowered would look cool with a big ass Malibu boat behind it.....the raised one....I just think it looks outrageous. Johnathan, the GL wouldnt let you test the seats or ride out long enough before the CEL would come on. The LX would be second for me behind the Caddy...just like the fact you can get so many aftermarket go fast parts for it  ;D