Author Topic: What did you do to your car today?  (Read 3008767 times)

Online PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
Re: What did you do to your car today?
« Reply #14620 on: May 05, 2021, 12:10:09 am »
as predicted, that didnt take long at all  ;D

All done, new owner took it home this evening. Asked $3000, sold it for $2700

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +111/-460
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #14621 on: May 05, 2021, 07:59:04 am »

Not bad at all.  Now like you said earlier just have to unload the Vibe and find yourself a suitable electric vehicle. 

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #14622 on: May 05, 2021, 08:01:09 am »

Good stuff! And really after all those years it didn't owe you a thing  ;D
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #14623 on: May 05, 2021, 08:13:40 am »
Finally took the NB out for a spin around the neighbourhood this afternoon.  On Saturday I insured it and drop the top and just as I was going to take it out, it started to rain.  >:(

I think I might put the new top on ours before I take it out.   Can't go anywhere so why put it on the road? :(

Are you going to put the correct colour roof back on that car ?  The blue is so unique.

I 've done 2 of those roofs.  For me it was easier with the  top frame removed from the car.

Lots of vids of it.
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #14624 on: May 05, 2021, 08:23:47 am »
Changed  the oil in the Civic today .  A little over a year since last done. Maintenance minder said 30 %. Only drove 11,500 kms. Wow

Ha! I did the Sonic yesterday, also just over a year (March 2020), 4012 km - I win!  ;D Minder said it was at 21% (But it didn't go anywhere!!).  It's also synthetic.  I love changing oil on the Sonic...if you're in a hurry you can do it in less than 20 minutes, it took me 30 and I was moving slow.  I bet you could change it without even putting it on ramps it's all so accessible.  The truck on the other hand... ::) :P that's a good hour or more it's such a facking PITA.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #14625 on: May 05, 2021, 11:04:28 am »
Finally took the NB out for a spin around the neighbourhood this afternoon.  On Saturday I insured it and drop the top and just as I was going to take it out, it started to rain.  >:(

I think I might put the new top on ours before I take it out.   Can't go anywhere so why put it on the road? :(

Are you going to put the correct colour roof back on that car ?  The blue is so unique.

I 've done 2 of those roofs.  For me it was easier with the  top frame removed from the car.

Lots of vids of it.

Yup, got a blue roof.   I'll have to watch a video or two, doesn't look too easy.
Mr Pickypants

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #14626 on: May 05, 2021, 11:20:24 am »
this week, both of my ordered vehicles went into production! ordered 8 months apart... just another stick shift rubicon (more boring sting grey colour so having mixed feelings), and a hybrid pacifica... spending way yoo much money. i had thought the rubicon just wasn't getting built, so had figured i didn't have to worry about it.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #14627 on: May 05, 2021, 11:29:16 am »
So the delay was for the Rubicon? Why so long of a wait?

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #14628 on: May 05, 2021, 11:31:02 am »
Does the Rubicon suffer from the glass jaw manual transmissions or is that just the heavier Gladiator over taxing it?

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-628
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #14629 on: May 05, 2021, 11:32:34 am »
this week, both of my ordered vehicles went into production! ordered 8 months apart... just another stick shift rubicon (more boring sting grey colour so having mixed feelings), and a hybrid pacifica... spending way yoo much money. i had thought the rubicon just wasn't getting built, so had figured i didn't have to worry about it.

What?!  Dammit man, when's the yellow stick-shift going into production!?  The garage has been Jeep-free for three months now!  Good customer service would suggest a loaner, stick-shift Rubicon, I think.   ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 11:35:16 am by DriverJeff »
The past:00 BMW M Rdstr, 19 Jetta, 15 Ducati Scrambler, 09 Triumph Bonneville, 98 Boxster, 17 Kawi Z900, 05 LS 430, 99 LS 400, 17 Subaru STI, 14 Triumph STR, 15 WRX, 09 Ducati Monster 1100,  08 335i, 06 Suzuki SV650S, 06 330i, 06 MX-5, 04 Audi A4, 03 Suzuki SV650S, 98 328i, 93 Civic Si, 85 Corolla

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #14630 on: May 05, 2021, 11:50:51 am »
bought some goodies for the Jag on clearance 80% off

Installing spark plugs, pulley and tune this weekend.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14631 on: May 05, 2021, 12:43:14 pm »

Lots of vids of it.

Yup, got a blue roof.   I'll have to watch a video or two, doesn't look too easy.

I think you should be able to handle it. After all the wrenching you have done on your  other vehicles. ;D

Did you buy a top with the rain rail  already attached ? Makes install go easier. Most times you shouldn't reuse the old one,they become brittle.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #14632 on: May 05, 2021, 12:56:49 pm »

Lots of vids of it.

I think you should be able to handle it. After all the wrenching you have done on your  other vehicles. ;D

Did you buy a top with the rain rail  already attached ? Makes install go easier. Most times you shouldn't reuse the old one,they become brittle.

New top in a box came with the car, I just patched the old one and never installed the new one, until now I guess.    Doubt it has a rain rail if that's separate.  Is that a dealer part?    I'll have to pull it out of the box and have a good look

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #14633 on: May 05, 2021, 01:46:52 pm »

Slippery slope those mods are...  ;D

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #14634 on: May 05, 2021, 02:44:57 pm »
the delay was on the rubi, yes... ordered it in July!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! canada's allocation has been brutal.

the stick shift.. meh... i'd say it was bad luck for that one C&D has (plus they really "test" it by beating the crap out of it.. should still last through that though!) this one will be my 5th 6-speed, and i haven't really had too much of a problem (one didn't like to stay in 2nd and popped out, but had that fixed).

What?!  Dammit man, when's the yellow stick-shift going into production!?  The garage has been Jeep-free for three months now!  Good customer service would suggest a loaner, stick-shift Rubicon, I think.   ;D ;D

crazy eh? still fricken BX status... was talking to my rep about that one on tuesday and he said canada is getting 3/month of allocation of that package. I'll keep buggin him! 

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14635 on: May 05, 2021, 03:42:42 pm »

Lots of vids of it.

New top in a box came with the car, I just patched the old one and never installed the new one, until now I guess.    Doubt it has a rain rail if that's separate.  Is that a dealer part?    I'll have to pull it out of the box and have a good look

If it's a Robbin's it might have the rail included. I wouldn't want to guess what Mazda would want for that part.

https://mossmiata.com/rain-rail
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 03:44:31 pm by Seafoam »

Offline Golly

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +12/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 05 Miata, 16 Malibu Premier, 19 Buick Enclave Avenir
« Reply #14636 on: May 05, 2021, 05:57:01 pm »

I'd love to go for a ride with you.  Hopefully, restrictions will allow that before the end of summer.

Didn't your parents tell you not to go for rides with strangers?   ;D 
Yes for sure when the restrictions are lifted, we'll set it up.  Just be forewarned, it's a tight fit.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #14637 on: May 05, 2021, 09:21:45 pm »
Giving the wheels a good clean before ceramic coating them tomorrow.

Gave the bike boots a clean whilst I was out there with the hose.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #14638 on: May 05, 2021, 09:44:53 pm »

Yes, but I already am in the valley of happiness. There honestly is nothing else to do. Will save all remaining money for maintenance and repairs.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #14639 on: May 06, 2021, 08:33:19 am »

Yes, but I already am in the valley of happiness. There honestly is nothing else to do. Will save all remaining money for maintenance and repairs.

Mods escalate until you've reached the limits...

Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist