Author Topic: What did you do to your car today?  (Read 3015539 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: What did you do to your car today?
« Reply #11300 on: June 25, 2019, 10:27:55 am »

Is that when you came across the ostrich?

That would be a two-three man job  ;D
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #11301 on: June 25, 2019, 11:09:01 am »
 :rofl2: :rofl2:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #11302 on: June 25, 2019, 11:17:13 am »

??? :think:

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +269/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #11303 on: June 25, 2019, 11:20:54 am »

??? :think:

You gotta watch Letterkenny, dude.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #11304 on: June 25, 2019, 11:22:02 am »

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #11305 on: June 25, 2019, 11:23:51 am »
A lot of the highschools seem to have events at the legislature. I walk through the grounds on the way to/from work. Lots of limos, some interesting, mostly classic cars, and plenty of regular cars parked there.

Lots of pretty girls in extravagant dresses, awkward boys in mostly ill-fitting suits, looking as proud, happy and optimistic at this momentous occasion as could be. I just hate each and every one of them.  ;D

I used to work in a building on the Alberta Legislature grounds, and this time of year is exactly the same there. The boys all look the same but the girls dress up hugely differently depending on the cultural background, some very exotic outfits

Cool to see the huge variety of cultures nowadays, all happily relieved to be at the end of what amounts to the closest most of us will get to a 12 year jail term

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #11306 on: June 25, 2019, 12:22:34 pm »
A lot of the highschools seem to have events at the legislature. I walk through the grounds on the way to/from work. Lots of limos, some interesting, mostly classic cars, and plenty of regular cars parked there.

Lots of pretty girls in extravagant dresses, awkward boys in mostly ill-fitting suits, looking as proud, happy and optimistic at this momentous occasion as could be. I just hate each and every one of them.  ;D

I used to work in a building on the Alberta Legislature grounds, and this time of year is exactly the same there. The boys all look the same but the girls dress up hugely differently depending on the cultural background, some very exotic outfits

Cool to see the huge variety of cultures nowadays, all happily relieved to be at the end of what amounts to the closest most of us will get to a 12 year jail term

Yup, all boys had blue suits, except for a few excentric artsy types, but the girls had a system. Once a dress is purchased, a pic goes up on their fb group, so that specific dress is off-limits to all other girls.

Private suburban school, same rates as the others, but settled in the wealthiest Montreal 'burb. Class of 2019 has 450 grads!
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11307 on: June 25, 2019, 12:27:47 pm »
Even in a office/work setting there is little variety men's attire. Only a few items are acceptable. I've seen a lot more men with 'funky' socks under their business clothes likely as it is the only real avenue for personalizing. Woman have a lot more latitude in this regard.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-773
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #11308 on: June 25, 2019, 12:42:17 pm »
Even in a office/work setting there is little variety men's attire. Only a few items are acceptable. I've seen a lot more men with 'funky' socks under their business clothes likely as it is the only real avenue for personalizing. Woman have a lot more latitude in this regard.

Depends on the office or industry. That's definitely not the case where I work.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-773
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #11309 on: June 25, 2019, 12:48:54 pm »

I'm wearing shorts, a t shirt, and moccasins with no socks right now.

Shorts, a t-shirt, and sandals here.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +269/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #11310 on: June 25, 2019, 01:01:22 pm »

You're the boss, ain't ya? 

As Mark Cuban says, he never has to wear a tie again in his life.

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #11311 on: June 25, 2019, 01:08:01 pm »
We recently moved to a "dress for your day" policy here.....which essentially translates to 'wear whatever the heck you want as long as it's not offensive'.  That's resulted in lots of T-shirts, sports wear and jeans...Fine w/e. I am pretty old school so I stick to slacks and a dress shirt or a full suit on days where I have meetings with exec level people or outside suppliers (usually once or twice a week)....Friday's I'll do dark jeans

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #11312 on: June 25, 2019, 01:11:57 pm »

Yup, all boys had blue suits, except for a few excentric artsy types, but the girls had a system. Once a dress is purchased, a pic goes up on their fb group, so that specific dress is off-limits to all other girls.

Private suburban school, same rates as the others, but settled in the wealthiest Montreal 'burb. Class of 2019 has 450 grads!
Only private school around here is Trinity , it is a 1%er school https://www.tcs.on.ca

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #11313 on: June 25, 2019, 01:18:30 pm »
We do dress for your day as well - with common sense limits.

If I'm just in the office doing paperwork and computer work I go comfy as I'm more productive. If I'm meeting with lawyers, cCity, other businesspeople, etc., I wear a suit or a blazer/slacks.

If I go to site - jeans and a T.

And safety boots i assume?   ;D

My boss showed up at one of my work sites a while back without a helmet so i told him to leave, and he did without question.  :popo:

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #11314 on: June 25, 2019, 01:22:46 pm »
When I was supervising, one of my guys showed up in shorts and sandals one Friday. I just pointed "Dude?" "Okay, I won't wear them again." "No. You're gonna go change." "Seriously?" "Yup." Didn't come up again.

Most people were polos and khakis. Higher ups would be in dress shirts and pants and/or blazers depending on what was going on.  We weren't supposed to wear jeans, but as long as they were in good shape, they were given a pass.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #11315 on: June 25, 2019, 02:13:15 pm »
You gotta watch Letterkenny, dude.
Letterkenny man, what the hell?!?!?!

https://imgur.com/r/Letterkenny/44ev5QA

Well I figured it musta had something to do with effing an ostrich.  My kid won't watch Letterkenny with us, and I never remember that we now have Crave so I can.  I see now why he doesn't want to watch with us.  :o :rofl2:  Maybe I'll have to add it to my list of shows to try to get through after everyone else has gone to bed.

Wow...ours is a little more intimate...or boring?  This year (mine are both done as of last year) there were 13 grads, of which 2 didn't show up.  Must've been one heck of an after grad party  :P.
I think my youngest son's class was closer to 20.   

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #11316 on: June 25, 2019, 02:29:09 pm »
This year (mine are both done as of last year) there were 13 grads, of which 2 didn't show up.  Must've been one heck of an after grad party  :P.
I think my youngest son's class was closer to 20.

Okay.  So you actually live in Letterkenny.  Now I get it.   :rofl2:

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #11317 on: June 25, 2019, 09:07:29 pm »

So jealous!  My tan is really showing on my arms, face, and neck.  But I "have" to wear pants, socks, and ankle high boots when doing the lawns.  Otherwise, I would have green legs! But when I do my lawn, and the neighbours, shorts and no shirt! Have to even out that tan somehow!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #11318 on: June 25, 2019, 09:10:31 pm »
But when I do my lawn, and the neighbours, shorts and no shirt! Have to even out that tan somehow!

The poor neighbors.... :rofl: :rofl2:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #11319 on: June 26, 2019, 03:40:59 am »
You guys talking about tan lines.......*shudders*
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]