Author Topic: What did you do to your car today?  (Read 3012584 times)

Offline jamie1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +22/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Acura TSX, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited ADI,2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT GT
Re: What did you do to your car today?
« Reply #8300 on: February 06, 2018, 09:10:27 am »
Didn't really "do" anything to the MX-5 today, but I did receive a new Flyin' Miata muffler and mid pipe with high flow cat.

Not doing the header? Probably not a good idea anyway. Had the full exhaust on my 06(Goodwin). Had to remove the header ,it was just too loud.
The midpipe and muffler will make it just about right. You will get rid of that corolla sound. :thumbup:
No header upgrade, at least right now. I'm happy with the performance right now. I just want a bit more brrappp. I think I listened to just about every sound bite of different exhaust set ups on youtube. I liked the Flyin' Miata the most.
Enjoying the Alberta advantage

Online valuator

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +36/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Pilot TrailSport, 2015 Outback 3.6R, 2012 BMW 128i
« Reply #8301 on: February 06, 2018, 03:44:55 pm »
Went back with my wife to the Honda dealership today, as I'm back thinking a van is the most practical choice....ask salesperson to e-mail me a formal "best price"....and I intend to either pay cash or finance with my credit union (made that very clear).

Was simply sent a bi-weekly payment (with 8% rate attached) as a quote...so frustrating...with a note from the sender saying that the payment includes a 7-year bumper to bumper extended warranty.  Working some Excel magic, I see the warranty's implied cost is $7,812 (could be even more if there was a discount applied to the window price of the vehicle).

And I wonder why I hate car shopping....

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #8302 on: February 07, 2018, 12:25:46 pm »
Went back with my wife to the Honda dealership today, as I'm back thinking a van is the most practical choice....ask salesperson to e-mail me a formal "best price"....and I intend to either pay cash or finance with my credit union (made that very clear).

Was simply sent a bi-weekly payment (with 8% rate attached) as a quote...so frustrating...with a note from the sender saying that the payment includes a 7-year bumper to bumper extended warranty.  Working some Excel magic, I see the warranty's implied cost is $7,812 (could be even more if there was a discount applied to the window price of the vehicle).

That's gotta be REAL frustrating.  I have never experienced anything like that, but I haven't asked for firm quotes via email, either.

Online valuator

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: February 07, 2018, 12:33:48 pm »

That's gotta be REAL frustrating.  I have never experienced anything like that, but I haven't asked for firm quotes via email, either.

I don't want to waste the sales staff's time, just give me your best price and I can take it or leave it.  Not real difficult  ::)

Online valuator

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: February 07, 2018, 02:26:16 pm »
Got rear ended today by an old lady in a Lexus.  Very slow in an intersection waiting for lights.   The kind of person that should have stopped driving a decade ago.

Fack...the VW or the van?

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: February 07, 2018, 02:50:41 pm »
That stinks. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #8306 on: February 07, 2018, 03:55:19 pm »
topped up the washer fluid...again

with this much snow and salt and slush, she sure is a lush when it comes to the stuff
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #8307 on: February 07, 2018, 04:01:30 pm »

with this much snow and salt and slush, she sure is a lush when it comes to the stuff

You must be back in Canada , do you miss the sunshine yet  ;D

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #8308 on: February 07, 2018, 04:25:22 pm »

I am! Good to be back. No, I missed the snow and it has not worn on me yet. Give me time.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #8309 on: February 07, 2018, 04:47:36 pm »

I am! Good to be back. No, I missed the snow and it has not worn on me yet. Give me time.

We will check back next week  ;D

Online valuator

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8310 on: February 09, 2018, 10:12:52 am »
I am close enough to a deal on a van that there may be a show & shine....or at least show....by next week.

Online Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #8311 on: February 09, 2018, 10:21:58 am »
I am close enough to a deal on a van that there may be a show & shine....or at least show....by next week.

Cool, congrats!
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #8312 on: February 09, 2018, 10:23:25 am »

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #8313 on: February 09, 2018, 10:30:23 am »

BOOOOO

I Kid.... :rofl2:

Online valuator

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: February 09, 2018, 11:10:50 am »

BOOOOO

I Kid.... :rofl2:

I've made sure everyone knows my wife promised me a "fun car" in a few years, so she can't backtrack on it  :rofl2:

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: February 09, 2018, 11:55:51 am »

I don't want to waste the sales staff's time, just give me your best price and I can take it or leave it.  Not real difficult  ::)

I don't dislike asking for quotes by email.  I'm either too impatient to wait for a response or I just like to sit in different cars to get a feel for it. 
My first car was a new lease.  After test driving a few options, I just used CCC to get the best price I can and just signed the paperwork when I decided one a model and options.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: February 09, 2018, 11:56:36 am »

Cool! Looking forward to it!

Online valuator

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: February 09, 2018, 12:32:14 pm »

I don't dislike asking for quotes by email.  I'm either too impatient to wait for a response or I just like to sit in different cars to get a feel for it. 
My first car was a new lease.  After test driving a few options, I just used CCC to get the best price I can and just signed the paperwork when I decided one a model and options.

I did that for my current car, just sent them the CCC report and when from there.

I prefer an e-mail price, because I hate playing the game where they spend an hour with the sales manager and hope you get frustrated/bored/worn down.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: February 09, 2018, 08:11:51 pm »

I did that for my current car, just sent them the CCC report and when from there.

I prefer an e-mail price, because I hate playing the game where they spend an hour with the sales manager and hope you get frustrated/bored/worn down.
Oh I hate that part too, hence the CCC way was used. From a dealer's point of view, what's to stop you from taking their best offer and get competing dealers to beat it?
That's why I feel like they wouldn't give me their 'best' offer.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #8319 on: February 13, 2018, 10:08:41 am »
I went to a winter slalom on Sunday.   Kingston Subaru paid for my club membership because I entered my old Subaru, it was almost all Subaru, with a couple of Civics.

Here's an interesting one.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 10:49:35 pm by blur911 »
Mr Pickypants