Author Topic: What did you do to your car today?  (Read 3012987 times)

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
Re: What did you do to your car today?
« Reply #8220 on: January 16, 2018, 11:01:17 pm »
the little Mirage passed inspection! Only note was "Strange: missing glovebox"  :rofl2:

Time to sell Old Blue off and get ready to come home!
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #8221 on: January 17, 2018, 08:14:47 am »
the little Mirage passed inspection! Only note was "Strange: missing glovebox"  :rofl2:

So you're moving back to Ottawa for good now? Or at least until you land a gig somewhere in Canada?
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: January 17, 2018, 08:59:45 am »

So you're moving back to Ottawa for good now? Or at least until you land a gig somewhere in Canada?
yes, funding ran out down under, have to move back to finish the PhD in the next few months and try and find a job

looking forward to being yet another unemployed PhD... YAY  :rofl2:

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #8223 on: January 17, 2018, 09:43:32 am »

yes, funding ran out down under, have to move back to finish the PhD in the next few months and try and find a job

So you will be our insider at GM for pricing  ;D

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8224 on: January 17, 2018, 09:47:31 am »

So you will be our insider at GM for pricing  ;D

He did sell GM's at one point, did he not?  ;D

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8225 on: January 17, 2018, 09:53:40 am »

Cool, we'll have to have a YOW gathering when you get back with a few from the local crew... and get that Alfa out on the track at Calabogie  ;D

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #8226 on: January 17, 2018, 11:49:01 am »

The world of academia has been beaten down with a hammer - and what a shame.  The world of money now trounces the world of ideas and research.  Universities struggle to cope with huge budget cuts and so just want to fill seats with tuition paying schleps and stick a cheap sessional instructor in front of them to save money.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: January 17, 2018, 12:43:16 pm »

The world of academia has been beaten down with a hammer - and what a shame.  The world of money now trounces the world of ideas and research.  Universities struggle to cope with huge budget cuts and so just want to fill seats with tuition paying schleps and stick a cheap sessional instructor in front of them to save money.

Hmmm the problem is a bit different I think - too many professors are sticking around for too long. We debated this before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #8228 on: January 17, 2018, 02:42:14 pm »

Cool, we'll have to have a YOW gathering when you get back with a few from the local crew... and get that Alfa out on the track at Calabogie  ;D
:iagree:

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: January 17, 2018, 02:55:22 pm »
I drove the Civic today to work. Its been sitting for at least month and I figured it should at least move once and a while. No winter tires so picked a warmer, clear road day.

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #8230 on: January 17, 2018, 03:43:30 pm »
We have a full functional shop as a "training facility" at one of our branch offices at work; control of the shop area falls to me, which is usually just a pain....except when I need it  ;D
Used it today to rotate the tires on the Escalade; drove in, cranked the heat up to a balmy 72F, put the truck on the lift (2-post), swap the tires, reset the TPMS positions, did a good visual check on the underside, and a quick alignment check on the machine as well. 2 hours, working at a slow pace....nice to be back on the tools in middle of the winter.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #8231 on: January 17, 2018, 03:45:38 pm »
We have a full functional shop as a "training facility" at one of our branch offices at work; control of the shop area falls to me, which is usually just a pain....except when I need it  ;D
Used it today to rotate the tires on the Escalade; drove in, cranked the heat up to a balmy 72F, put the truck on the lift (2-post), swap the tires, reset the TPMS positions, did a good visual check on the underside, and a quick alignment check on the machine as well. 2 hours, working at a slow pace....nice to be back on the tools in middle of the winter.

;D
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: January 17, 2018, 04:19:46 pm »

would be great, thanks for the invitation  ;D

Alfa needs some TLC before she is ready for the track, but look forward to thrashing her around for a few laps when she is - gotta break in the new camshafts somehow!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:32:08 pm by ChaosphereIX »

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #8233 on: January 18, 2018, 09:54:19 am »
Had to replace a tire as it had a puncture in the sidewall. Fortunately I had purchased the extra insurance at CT back when I bought the tires and all I had to pay for was the mounting and balancing.
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD

Offline valuator

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +36/-115
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Pilot TrailSport, 2015 Outback 3.6R, 2012 BMW 128i
« Reply #8234 on: January 19, 2018, 03:32:50 pm »
Still searching for a new family hauler....was impressed by the Odyssey and Sienna overall last week, but didn't pull the trigger due to a nagging feeling that I would miss AWD.  A Sienna AWD would be a great compromise, but they are few and far between out here.  Oh well, not in a big rush to do anything...

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #8235 on: January 19, 2018, 04:10:16 pm »
Still searching for a new family hauler....was impressed by the Odyssey and Sienna overall last week, but didn't pull the trigger due to a nagging feeling that I would miss AWD.  A Sienna AWD would be a great compromise, but they are few and far between out here.  Oh well, not in a big rush to do anything...

Tahoe/Yukon time?  ;D

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: January 19, 2018, 04:39:45 pm »

Tahoe/Yukon time?  ;D
Where are you located ?

Offline valuator

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: January 19, 2018, 06:48:33 pm »

Tahoe/Yukon time?  ;D

Aaah, that would be hard to justify. Likely wouldn’t fit well in the garage and just plain more vehicle than I need. Would be nice, though.

Offline valuator

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: January 19, 2018, 06:49:30 pm »

Tahoe/Yukon time?  ;D
Where are you located ?

Moncton, NB.  Not a great used selection out here, some of what I looked at had been beat to hell already.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: January 19, 2018, 07:20:11 pm »

Tahoe/Yukon time?  ;D
Where are you located ?

Moncton, NB.  Not a great used selection out here, some of what I looked at had been beat to hell already.
Now I know why you want AWD  ;D