Author Topic: What did you do to your car today?  (Read 3012791 times)

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
Re: What did you do to your car today?
« Reply #6780 on: March 31, 2017, 02:38:32 pm »
Yeah, kinda strange aint it.  It's not like they're sharp corners or anything, but I guess that piece is just loose enough to rub it wrong.  My guy stuck pieces of clear helicopter tape under the corners. Just barely visible poking out.  Enough to offer some added protection.  My wife said he said otherwise the paint was amazing on the car.  And no other spots or issues that he could see.  Phew!  She told him it's because I'm always washing it...I'll blame "you guys" (and Lucky Canucky for his inspirational posts of several years ago).

If i were you i would keep the Sport and drive it right into the ground.  The Sport model is a good car and will last for a long long time if you can keep it rust free.  Mine has the Aisin 6-sp auto, so it will probably frag itself someday in the near future.  :P

What kind of mileage you have now on it?  I liked that transmission when I had my 2008 Mazda6.  It's used in many vehicles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWTF-80_SC

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #6781 on: March 31, 2017, 02:54:27 pm »
Had a small rust spot on the Fusion's trunk lid, where the chrome strip is above the plate, repaired.  Turned out it was worse behind it. $250 - not as smooth a finish as it was. Wee bit orange peely. See if I can live with it. SPORT badge looks a little cockeyed.
Would've been tucked up in the upper right corner just under the chrome strip. For reference.

You need to treat that car with Krown or something just like it.  Those era Fusions do rust prematurely.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: March 31, 2017, 05:28:18 pm »
Oil change, summer rims & tires on, and some kind of "Special Service Program", where the door sash needed to be replaced, didn't see anything wrong with it. 

They are expecting the new CX-5 next week.  Was comparing the 2016 CX-5 and CX-9 that were in the showroom.  Some things I prefer on the CX-9, some things I don't.  Like how the CX-5 has the 3 dials like my Mazda6 for HVAC control.  Like how the CX-5 has grey interior in the upper area. Like how the CX-5 has a lower load height than the CX-9.  Prefer the exterior of the CX-9, the trim around the doors is that piano black, the CX-5 it's that black plastic (hopefully the 2017 fixes that).  CX-9 is all black inside, unless you get different colour seats.  Like how seats in the CX-9 slide and recline in the 2nd row.  Very nice seats too. 

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #6783 on: March 31, 2017, 05:32:10 pm »
The only thing that I did to my car today was looked at it in the garage as the snow was melting.
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: March 31, 2017, 05:39:34 pm »
The only thing that I did to my car today was looked at it in the garage as the snow was melting.

Well that's a good sign...

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #6785 on: March 31, 2017, 05:43:16 pm »

A good sign for sure.  Certainly not close yet to being able to bring home the MR2 just yet.  :(

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: March 31, 2017, 07:09:05 pm »

A good sign for sure.  Certainly not close yet to being able to bring home the MR2 just yet.  :(

Which  generation MR2?
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #6787 on: March 31, 2017, 07:16:19 pm »
Yeah, kinda strange aint it.  It's not like they're sharp corners or anything, but I guess that piece is just loose enough to rub it wrong.  My guy stuck pieces of clear helicopter tape under the corners. Just barely visible poking out.  Enough to offer some added protection.  My wife said he said otherwise the paint was amazing on the car.  And no other spots or issues that he could see.  Phew!  She told him it's because I'm always washing it...I'll blame "you guys" (and Lucky Canucky for his inspirational posts of several years ago).

If i were you i would keep the Sport and drive it right into the ground.  The Sport model is a good car and will last for a long long time if you can keep it rust free.  Mine has the Aisin 6-sp auto, so it will probably frag itself someday in the near future.  :P

What kind of mileage you have now on it?  I liked that transmission when I had my 2008 Mazda6.  It's used in many vehicles.

There's only a 171k on it right now.  It has been a great car so far though, but I'm working on my wife to replace it soon and digging up any excuse for justification.  ;D

I took these two for a test drive today.  I really like the white one as it's loaded up nicely. 

http://www.lexusofsaintjohn.com/used-vehicles/#action=im_ajax_call&perform=get_results&search=avalon&page=1&show_all_filters=false&_post_id=5
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 07:18:19 pm by KDS2K »

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #6788 on: March 31, 2017, 07:30:59 pm »
Switched the tires over.  On a whim.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: March 31, 2017, 07:50:23 pm »

There's only a 171k on it right now.  It has been a great car so far though, but I'm working on my wife to replace it soon and digging up any excuse for justification.  ;D

I took these two for a test drive today.  I really like the white one as it's loaded up nicely. 

http://www.lexusofsaintjohn.com/used-vehicles/#action=im_ajax_call&perform=get_results&search=avalon&page=1&show_all_filters=false&_post_id=5

Not much selection out that way.  Those are decently priced.  Don't see any Buick Lacrosses your way.  Nearest ones are 200k away, and only $2k cheaper.  If you could haggle an extra $2k might be something to consider.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: March 31, 2017, 08:39:01 pm »

Oh I like my car. I hope to keep it for long time. It might be an '11 but it still looks good.  As for the trans, I think (pretty sure actually - but I'm not going to check because then we wouldn't have an argument...I mean discussion) I have the Aisin and you have the Ford/GM mixed breed.  Yours isn't the Sport, right?  IIRC, the 2009's and earlier were also very good. I assume the AWD system is the same, but I dunno.

I think it's time to put the summer tires on...today.

You need to treat that car with Krown or something just like it.  Those era Fusions do rust prematurely.

Nah...this isn't Ontario.  ;D 

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #6791 on: April 01, 2017, 02:42:05 pm »
Gave it the April car wash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #6792 on: April 01, 2017, 02:49:21 pm »

Which  generation MR2?

A 1991 MKII Turbo.

https://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php?topic=98015.80

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #6793 on: April 01, 2017, 04:18:30 pm »
Tucked the block heater cords back under the hood of both cars. I did leave the snow brushes in though, those stay until may long.
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: April 01, 2017, 07:59:33 pm »

Which  generation MR2?

A 1991 MKII Turbo.

https://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php?topic=98015.80

Very nice.

Offline Lower Level

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +40/-82
  • Roadrash
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale, 1989 Dodge B250 aka The BEAST.
« Reply #6795 on: April 01, 2017, 10:08:59 pm »
Had the oil changed on the Olds Wednesday. Later that day I ended up in hospital so my mechanic delivered it to my driveway Thursday in case my neighbour needed to drive it to help us out while I was out of commission..
Den
Reporter: "How does it feel being Henry Ford II?"
HF II: "I wouldn't know, I've never been anyone else."

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #6796 on: April 02, 2017, 07:40:02 am »
Had the oil changed on the Olds Wednesday. Later that day I ended up in hospital so my mechanic delivered it to my driveway Thursday in case my neighbour needed to drive it to help us out while I was out of commission..
Maybe time to get the wife/ kids their driving licenses

Offline Lower Level

• Auto Obsessed
  • Roadrash
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: April 02, 2017, 09:55:31 am »

No interest from any of them plus even if they don't drive insurance will assign a vehicle to the one who gets a license and skyrocket my rates. My wife used to go on the road with me and after seeing how most Ontarians "drive" wants no part of it.  :rofl2: Ironically I think she'd be a great driver. She has more common sense than most people out there and even as a non driver knows more about driving than almost all of them.  ;D But she says a very forceful 'NO!" to the idea. She also went through a period when her Mother tried to force her to get her license so that only dug her resolve not to even deeper.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 09:57:04 am by Lower Level »

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: April 02, 2017, 03:10:15 pm »

No interest from any of them plus even if they don't drive insurance will assign a vehicle to the one who gets a license and skyrocket my rates. My wife used to go on the road with me and after seeing how most Ontarians "drive" wants no part of it.  :rofl2: Ironically I think she'd be a great driver. She has more common sense than most people out there and even as a non driver knows more about driving than almost all of them.  ;D But she says a very forceful 'NO!" to the idea. She also went through a period when her Mother tried to force her to get her license so that only dug her resolve not to even deeper.
I feel like not getting your license and learning to drive is, in a family context in pretty much any city in Canada, actually really selfish.

Sure some people can't or shouldn't. But 99%+ of people can.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline Lower Level

• Auto Obsessed
  • Roadrash
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: April 02, 2017, 03:38:38 pm »
It's a choice. No one should be forced to do something they don't want to or feel comfortable doing. I suspect a LOT of the idiots out there on the roads are there because they were pressured to get a license when they weren't comfortable or competent behind the wheel. I've heard many people say how much they hate driving and can't see people like that caring enough to do it well or safely. There is no way I am going to cause another one of them to exist. There are enough of them already out there endangering the rest of us and themselves.